Problem with EasyRapa, MUI Treeview edit and RapaGUI or MUI
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

i have tested EasyRapa 1.1 and i have a problem to edit menu in tab "Menu" -> give me an error

I have begin a project using his source code and impossible to edit an entry too, the function seems good.

I have open a thread on Hollywood forum:
    https://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=20237#p20237

My questions:

Is it possible to edit entries in a MUI treeview with c source code? (if yes, the edition is not supported by RapaGui on MorphOS).

If it's impossible to edit in c code, maybe edition is not supported by MUI?

Other question: is it possible to add a gadget with choices in a MUI Treeview (and listview) in c code? If yes, i will ask to Andreas if he can support this feature in a future version of RapaGui.

Thanks for your answer
  • »26.01.24 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Either you or me are confused about between MUI (Amiga/MorphOS) and the other MUI.

There is no TreeView in "our" MUI but for sure in the other one.

Then you talk about editing menus in the post you linked too.

There is ListTree in MUI as used in Panel prefspane, and it can for sure be edited on the fly just like you can build a context menu right when the user does clicks RMB.

Edith:
    Embedding buttons in List(Tree)Views is possible, but not trivial.
    Also be careful to don't use List(View) methods on ListTree, they might seem to work but will lead to severe issues.

[ Edited by Kronos 27.01.2024 - 12:50 ]
  • »27.01.24 - 12:44
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I'm afraid Hollywood will only let you access a subset of MUI's Listview features. That's because Hollywood aims to be compatible with other platforms running older MUI and as such does not support all of MorphOS-exclusive features. You might want to consider learning ObjectiveC or C.
  • »27.01.24 - 13:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Kronos a écrit :
    There is no TreeView in "our" MUI but for sure in the other one.

Yes, sorry, i speak about ListTree MUI class.
    Thanks for your advices.

Quote:

jacadcaps a écrit :
    I'm afraid Hollywood will only let you access a subset of MUI's Listview features. That's because Hollywood aims to be compatible with other platforms running older MUI and as such does not support all of MorphOS-exclusive features. You might want to consider learning ObjectiveC or C.

yes, I think it would be good to learn these languages ​​indeed. Unfortunately there aren't many examples in the SDK (ListTree for example)... If i have access to some other source code in c and objective-c for MorphOS i will learn more speed :-)

[EDIT] Maybe, XML Viewer source code from rzookol could help me, i could try to continue his project if stopped (add edit and drag'n drop features) and begin mine project in C.
  • »27.01.24 - 15:05
    Profile Visit Website