Problem with two vertical MUI lister
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

i start a new project with Hollywood but i have a problem :-)

If i create a GUI with two horizontal lister, all is OK.

If i create a GUI with two vertical lister, the first lister (on the left) is not selectable.

This is a very alpha of the GUI:

Diapo-Creator.exe

Maybe not supported by MUI?

Thanks for your help!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 21.07.2023 - 09:04 ]
  • »18.07.23 - 16:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    Listers look like they have 2x MUIA_CycleChain or MUIM_Window_SetCycleChain. The first one doesn't get highlighted as it should with the TAB key, but after another press it doesn't jump to the second one. Buttons and string are ok.
  • »20.07.23 - 01:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    The left side listview actually gets activated when you click on it, but it just doesn't highlight the borders to indicate it.

You can test this by dragging few files on it, and then click on the left listview and use the arrow keys to select different files. It seems to be only a visual issue for me, but it doesn't affect to the actual functionality.

I also reproduced that two listviews in a vertical group don't have this issue, it's visible only when the listviews are in a horizontal group. Sounds like a MUI bug IMHO.
  • »20.07.23 - 07:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    The error occurs when both listers have MUIA_List_Title. If the Title is only on the left then it "works" but if the MUIA_List_Title is on the right it does not work properly.
  • »20.07.23 - 23:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    It works by putting HSpace(num) between two vertical listers.
    But it shouldn't be like this:(
  • »21.07.23 - 00:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I recommend using a Balance object between two lists.
  • »21.07.23 - 01:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: I start a new project with Hollywood but i have a problem :-) . . . This is a very alpha of the GUI: Diapo-Creator-mos

That link (which I have removed from my comment) when clicked on causes my MOS system memory on my iMac to drain away to virtually nothing, and causes Wayfarer to be unable to do anything else, and Wayfarer cannot be detached from the system even by using Task Manager's "Break" options, the system CPU is stuck at virtually 100% :-o, so it seems that your Hollywood project really is currently not fit to download via that link. In fact I'd remove it for everyone's sake until you have a more well behaved version for others to have access to.

I won't be going anyway near that link in the near future. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.07.23 - 03:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Wayfarer likely tries to display it as html.
  • »21.07.23 - 03:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @NewSense: sorry for that, i have renamed the "exe" and modified the link. Seems ok now on Wayfarer and OWB. I think it was not recognized as an executable and would like to "read" it.

@Jacadcaps: thanks a lot for the advice, it work fine now! :-)
  • »21.07.23 - 08:13
    Profile Visit Website