Vice freezes
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    I wanted to run donalds playground with Vice to let my daughter play with it(4 years old).
    I can't get it to go it freezes on me after a rightmouseclick.
    The program starts up ok and the cursor is blinking.
    just as soon as I use the double tapping it freezes..cursor stops blinking and proram can't be stopped.
    I downloaded latest vice (2.4) but problem is still there.
    Snoopium shows on startup a missing cfgvideo.lib and a missing font.
    Any tips
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »15.01.15 - 07:01
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

amiga4001 wrote:
    I wanted to run donalds playground with Vice to let my daughter play with it(4 years old).
    just as soon as I use the double tapping it freezes..cursor stops blinking and proram can't be stopped.
    Any tips

I darkly remember having the same issue in the past and I got it fixed somehow. AFAIR it was a system setting related to the mouse button, but I am not sure.

Just installed 2.4 using Grunch on my PowerMac and it worked fine, but I have the original c64 roms (kernal,basic) installed.

Geit

[ Edited by geit 15.01.2015 - 10:17 ]
  • »15.01.15 - 09:15
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

amiga4001 wrote:
    Any tips

I assume you use PowerBook (double tap). Touchpad does not unfortunately work with vice. You need to use 'external' USB-mouse. USB-mouse works fine at least with my PowerBook.

[ Edited by jvaltane 15.01.2015 - 12:10 ]
  • »15.01.15 - 11:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    Yes sorry on a powerbook.
    Ok thanks for the tip I'll try an external mouse.
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »15.01.15 - 14:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    A really annoying bug indeed. External mouse solves it, but it's still too easy to use the touchpad accidntally.

In one of those cases, I noticed it's somehow possible to "unfreeze" it with the same gesture that froze it in the first place.

And yes, this is no "system settings issue", but a bug in MorphOS version of vice.
  • »15.01.15 - 18:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • Okay, just received the GTA Classics pack and decided to download Vice City. First up when I ran the game, it didn't even pop up but it said I was ingame on my friends list. So I ctrl+alt+del and have to close it that way. Second attempt went a little better, the game popped up but went to a black screen and only went to the menu when I pressed escape. So I can move my mouse but I can't click any of the buttons, I have to manually press enter to go to the next screen. The background is also just a grey square so I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. During the first load up screen it just froze when steam said someone came online. Third and final attempt, still improving with each go but still can't play. This time I get the intro videos, the mouse works when clicking on the options or play button but I'm still getting the grey square background. When I click play the game goes into the loading screen again, but when the steam overlay pops up the game freezes on the load up menu.
  • »18.01.15 - 05:57
  • Visitor
  • Normaly yes! But I'm not sure whether your PB model is supported......?????
  • »15.04.15 - 13:21