Saying Hi
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    drphil
    I usually have YouTube running in a background tab for music, so full window is perfect ;-)
    1.6Ghz PowerMac G5, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD, MorphOS 3.9.

Why make life difficult when with a bit of effort you can make it impossible
  • »03.12.15 - 22:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

drphil wrote:
    @Amigadave

Quote:

Again, welcome, and please share more info on how you are progressing with your switch from Windows and/or Mac, (of Linux) to MorphOS, and why you prefer to use it over those other choices.

Probably the main reasons I prefer MorphOS so far are because:

>It's different to everything I have used so far, I like the way the interface is laid out. It has a classic look, but yet it has a very smooth polished 3D feel about it

>I'm from NZ, I love to be green and recycle things. Being able to pick up old Apple hardware instead of it going to the tip (Dump) and load a modern OS is just fantastic! Most apple hardware is well built and there are plenty of parts.

>It's fast. It boots in seconds, the apps are lightweight and web browsing is a breeze (YouTube videos aren't great though, don't know if that's just my settings)

>It's maintained by a small group of core developers. The license fee is very reasonable and it shows that money isn't everything in a quality product. They are doing an awesome job.

>There's quite a large amount of free apps on Aminet and MorphOS files

>The community. People are friendly, helpful, and it makes the OS so much more enjoyable knowing the support is there

I mean, i'm not a developer or a programmer, but I really want to contribute anyway I can

Great response!

Can I quote you and use your words to promote MorphOS when I go to the next AmiWest Show in Sacramento, Calif., next October?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.12.15 - 00:18
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    drphil
    @amigadave

Wow, sure, If it helps promote MorphOS then got for it!

Over the past few days I have:

>Got YouTube up and running properly thanks to jPV and Andreas_Wolf
    >Setup my main storage and downloads drive with the IceFS thanks to Intuition
    >Setup AmiNetRadio with some cool mod tunes
    >Setup a Kryptos encryption with some personal files

And tons of other adjustments!

But If I had to name one thing that has made a massive impact on switching to MorphOS, it would have to be Grunch hands down.

There's nothing like migrating to a new platform and having no idea on what apps are avialble, how to download, install or even update them.

Grunch has made it a piece of pie!
    1.6Ghz PowerMac G5, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD, MorphOS 3.9.

Why make life difficult when with a bit of effort you can make it impossible
  • »04.12.15 - 01:49