Google Drive not responding
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Currently spoofing as Odyssey

Is this what it's called when you have Odyssey report itself as Odyssey? ;-)
  • »06.03.14 - 19:56
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Currently spoofing as Odyssey

Is this what it's called when you have Odyssey report itself as Odyssey? ;-)

Clarity over precision. "Spoofing is disabled, such that Odyssey's default user agent string is returned" didn't have the same ring to it. :-)

(On occasion, I've even been known to end a sentence with a preposition to avoid clunky language. :-o )

[ Edited by boot_wb 07.03.2014 - 00:29 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »07.03.14 - 01:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Clarity over precision.

I believe everybody who knows the concept of user agent spoofing understands "spoofing disabled" or "no spoofing". And who doesn't know this concept wouldn't understand "spoofing as Odyssey" either, I think.
    I just find it bizarre spoofing something as what it genuinely is. And I really thought for a moment you must be using a different browser, which left me wondering about the relevance :-)
  • »07.03.14 - 11:05
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:

Still working here - just opened an existing, and created a new spreadheet to check.
    Haven't got a cloud-connected printer to check with I'm afraid.

Currently spoofing as Odyssey, adblock is enabled, no special settings in prefs that I imagine could affect Google Drive.

I ended up deleting the cookies from OWB and trying again. Older sheets and printing functionality has returned. It seems the sheets created while trying to use the "New" Google Sheets are currently incompatible with OWB. Luckily, I switched it off after only creating a couple of them!

TJH
  • »10.03.14 - 22:44