MorphOS 3.3 not working USB HUB on mac mini
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    I have this problem with my mac mini, now my usb hub not work with MOS 3.3 (Full working with MOS 3.2) any idea for resolve it? I need the hub becouse i have 3 usb devices (mac mini have only 2), a external USB hdd, keyboard/mouse USB and official xbox 360 wireless USB (for xbox 360 joypad)

MOS 3.3 stop loading on the butterfly screen if i have the usb hub connected (the usb hub have external powered on)

Thanks!
  • »09.10.13 - 18:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Is this an Iomega Mini Max you are referring to?

I did not install MorphOS 3.3, I just manually/individually added/installed the newer features of MorphOS 3.3 in one-by-one, onto my MorphOS 3.2 installation, and only the ones I needed, as I too have a MiniMax, though I also have a Belkin 4 port USB hub, and a Belkin 2 port Firewire hub which also has an additional 4 USB ports, so I have 13 USB ports and 3 available firewire ports.

If you are having problems with MorphOS 3.3 with such hardware I am glad I installed the items the way I did onto my Mac Mini 1.5GHz MOS 3.2 system, as my system works as it did with MorphOS 3.2, and Mac OSX.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.10.13 - 19:34
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    You mean copy the files from 3.2 (MOS:Classes/USB) to 3.3 mos and i try if work? The hub is a standard x8 USB 2.0 fully working with my last 3.2 mos and fully working with mac os 10.5.8 of course
  • »09.10.13 - 20:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

_DaNi_ wrote:
    You mean copy the files from 3.2 (MOS:Classes/USB) to 3.3 mos and i try if work? The hub is a standard x8 USB 2.0 fully working with my last 3.2 mos and fully working with mac os 10.5.8 of course

If you have the MOS 3.2 CD then maybe you'd be better re-installing that, and then copying only what you need from the MOS 3.3 CD into the required destinations on your system, but I would have thought that a standard USB 2.0 hub would be supported via Poseidon as it was before, but maybe try restarting Poseidon once you have booted, if your system will allow that, and see if it finds the hub, and what it reports back.

I didn't copy any USB files from MOS 3.3 update to my MOS 3.2 system, as I don't think anything changed for the Mac Mini for this minor update.

I seem to remember only installing the latest version of Jukebox, which looks better, and has a few improved features, and VPDF, and Scribble. I didn't see much need to change anything else, and having seen some of the problems users have been having I'm glad I didn't ... so far.

I only saw a USB changed file for the XBox360, which is of no-use to me so I didn't install that.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.10.13 - 02:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    It could be also a problem with poseidon.prefs (interrupting booting may indicate this)
    Boot from CD or in without startup-sequence (Bootmenue), delete System:Prefs/env-archive/poseidon.prefs and reboot.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »10.10.13 - 08:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    The only USB-related change in MorphOS 3.3 is an inverted axis for Xbox 360 controllers, so a USB hub working with MorphOS 3.2 and not with MorphOS 3.3 sounds weird and is unlikely to be related to the USB drivers or classes.

Does it work if you boot from a MorphOS 3.2 CD?

Does it work if you boot from a MorphOS 3.3 CD?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »10.10.13 - 10:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    bigfoot: i test with mos 3.3 installation cd and stop loading on openfirware screen is very strange, on normal mos 3.3 hd boot stop loading when the butterfly screen is displayed, the usb hub work perfect becouse work fine if i boot on mac os 10.5.8 (hub + all devices)
  • »10.10.13 - 21:01
  • Just looking around
    dark_knight
    Can anyone recommend a USB hub that will work with MorphOS on a Mac Mini? I own several (admittedly cheap) hubs that work fine on the MacOS-side, but can't get them working with MorphOS.
  • »17.08.15 - 22:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I use the Belkin USB (model F5U264UK - I believe), and USB/Firewire Hubs (model F5U507 - I believe) that resemble the design of the Mac Mini, same footprint but thinner, and have had only a few problems with them, usually due to power input issues - not being enough voltage/current to power a specific USB device.

The Belkin USB device has 4 USB ports, 2 on the front, and 2 on the back, and a separate plug-in PSU to supply additional power to the USB hub, and the USB/Firewire device has 5 USB & 3 Firewire connectors, 1 USB (A socket) & 1 (400MB) Firewire on the front, and 3 USB A plug, and a mini A sockets and 2 Firewire on the back, though it uses one of the Firewire ports to connect a short Firewire lead to plug-in/get power from the Mac Mini to supply power to the ports on the device. It also uses the mini-A socket of the USB connectors, the small mini-USB port on the back, to connect to other hubs to link from one device to another.

I have used other USB hubs, most of them Belkin, and a few other generic USB hubs that have generally worked OK with MorphOS.
  • »18.08.15 - 02:20
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

dark_knight wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a USB hub that will work with MorphOS on a Mac Mini? I own several (admittedly cheap) hubs that work fine on the MacOS-side, but can't get them working with MorphOS.

Weird.. what does the log in Poseidon prefs tell when you plug the hub in? All hubs I've tried have worked under MorphOS (several built-in hubs in monitors (Dell, BenQ etc), many cheap chinese non-powered hubs and some other freebies, and at least one powered hub).
  • »18.08.15 - 06:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    The postings above are 2 years old and MOS 3.3 outdated...........
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »18.08.15 - 10:31
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The postings above are 2 years old and MOS 3.3 outdated

Starting with posting #8, they are as recent as MorphOS 3.9. In these postings, nobody has been referring to the old postings (until you did, that is).
  • »18.08.15 - 12:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    As long this discussion is up again I want to advice FIY that Dr. Morbius highly recommended me an Amazon self powered USB Hub that solved all his problems with MacMini and Powerbook ports, and more than 3 USB devices attached simulaneously (that is a very pain for Poseidon Stack capabilities to hanle multiple USB devices attached simultaneously):

I do not remember the item (must check mail messages of some months ago), but it was some similar to this:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00KDECEBQ?psc=1

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 19.08.2015 - 15:07 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »19.08.15 - 14:52