List of registered MOS users in the U.S.
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Hi there,

Is there a list of registered MOS users in the U.S.? It'd be nice to know who is there and where to share experiences and provide help when needed.

For instance, I'm located in the San Francisco, CA area.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »16.09.13 - 21:40
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SteveE617
    n/t

[ Edited by SteveE617 17.09.2013 - 11:09 ]
    Steve E, BSOE, MIS
    PowerMac G5 | Dual 2.0 Ghz | 2 GB | 32GB CF | 9800XT
    AmigaOne x5000 | 8 GB | 1TB | Radeon 7770HD
  • »16.09.13 - 21:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Is there a list of registered MOS users in the U.S.?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8087&forum=3
  • »16.09.13 - 22:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

WeiXing3D wrote:
    Hi there,

Is there a list of registered MOS users in the U.S.? It'd be nice to know who is there and where to share experiences and provide help when needed.

I hope you will be attending the 2013 AmiWest Show next month.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.09.13 - 00:10
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    Me
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »17.09.13 - 00:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sacc-user
    There are several Sacramento non-registered users. I'm one.
    About the only "nice" help we have seen is amigadave at AmiWest.

Quote:

WeiXing3D wrote:
    Hi there,

• »19.09.13 - 18:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > There are several Sacramento non-registered users. I'm one.
    > About the only "nice" help we have seen is amigadave at AmiWest.

Have you and the others asked for help anywhere beside AmiWest? If yes, where?
  • »19.09.13 - 20:41
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

sacc-user wrote:
    There are several Sacramento non-registered users. I'm one.
    About the only "nice" help we have seen is amigadave at AmiWest.

Unfortunately, this is a common misconception among too many Classic and AOS4.x users, that the MorphOS community is somehow less friendly and helpful.

I had this impression myself in the very beginning, but learned that MorphOS users and developers can be just as helpful and friendly as any other current, or former Amiga user, or developer, but you first must get to know them. There is far more help available than you realize, and the users and developers are very friendly and helpful when approached in a respectful manner.

I don't deny that the MorphOS community and the Development Team itself could improve their public image and the inaccurate perception that many people outside may have of us, but I can assure anyone with this misconception that it is false and encourage everyone to get to know more MorphOS users and developers, before passing such judgements about us.

I have spent years pondering the question of how the MorphOS community could better present itself to all non-MorphOS users, so we could accelerate the growth and development of third-party software for MorphOS, but have not come up with any concrete answers about how our community is lacking in this regard, other than the one point I continue to press forward, that negative campaigning against any other platform, or group, only does more harm than good in attracting more new users or developers to our cause.

Unfortunately, some MorphOS users are just too stubborn, or too stupid to realize that their negative attacks are doing so much harm, or they simply do not care that we gain more users, or developers.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »19.09.13 - 22:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    In my case I have always received awesome help and advice from Koszer on the other side of the pond. Two thumbs-up for Koster.

Ocassionally AmigaDave here in the US has also come to my rescue. I wish I knew more users close to my location of near San Francisco.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »20.09.13 - 03:04