Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 572 from 2006/5/28
As you have already noticed the Powerbook G4 can only display its native resolution of 1440x960.
So games running at a much lower resolution would end up appearing as a small box on the screen.
Now i found a way to play Freespace 2 in a higher resolution of 1024x768.
1. Download unshield from aminet and copy it to c:
2. Put your Freespace 2 CD1 into your cd drive.
3. Open up a shell and cd to the desired destination drawer and type in
unshield -j -g "High Res Files" x /Freespace2_1/DATA1.CAB
4. Now you will have to copy the file "sparky_hi_fs2.vp" to your Freespace2/data directory.
5. At last you will have to edit freespace2.ini file in the main directory and replace videocard=OpenGL (640x480) with videocard=OpenGL (1024x768)
Now Freespace2 should start at a higher resolution. Have Fun![ Edited by Cego 12.08.2013 - 14:09 ]
Powerbook G4@1,67GHz, 2GB DDR2 Ram, Radeon 9700, 60GB SSD, MorphOS 3.7
PowerMac Dual G5 @2.3GHz, 4GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9600XT, 2x250GB HD, MorphOS 3.7, MacOS X Leopard 10.5.8