Expanded icon set
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    wolfe
    Quote:

k8o wrote:
    Hi all,

I really like the "PatIcons" set designed by Patrick "Patbest" Jung.
    But I found a need for new icons to suite my needs for both drives and folders.
    And as I currently use the PatIcon set I decided to begin expanding it further using its style as the base theme. You can see an early preview here:

Xs1ZDTF.jpg

There's still alot more icons to make but i'll upload it when i'm finished, any ideas or requests are welcome, thanks.

Wow, that is a sweet icon set! More . . . . !
  • »25.05.15 - 10:40
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    WB_Coder
    Quote:

k8o wrote:
    Hi everyone, I dug up this old(ish) thread as I did not see any point starting a new one as my post is directly relevant. I'll cut to the chase now, I have worked on a few more icons themed on my original set, so you could call it an expansion pack if you like :)

I'll post a preview here and also a link to the download, but it should be apeearing on morphfiles and aminet shorty. Next time I will move onto application icons and maybe some devices too. Best wishes, Keito.

Download: k8o Icon Pack 3

Preview: cm2zyVD.png

Before I download this icon set, can someone tell me if they are 2 state icons, or single state icons?
    WB_Coder = Wanna Be Coder
  • »27.05.15 - 06:30
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Toto wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I'm actually doing the same (but with someone elses icons so it's not perfect).

Here's a preview from me:

13666_1.jpeg

Wow, I did convert that ancient Gnome icon theme for my Pegasos 2 and A4000 ten years ago. I wouldn't touch it with a ten feet pole nowadays.

amiga.jpg
    eZ-flat.png

Damn, that's old skool ;P

Yes, but that IS one nice display for an A4000.
    It reminds me that you guys kept working on this stuff long after I had left the market.
    Its a pity that 3.9 is basically in limbo, and I have no interest in trying to cobble together another enhanced version of 3.1.

So...what's wrong with a little retro look in an icon set?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »27.05.15 - 11:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Toto wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I'm actually doing the same (but with someone elses icons so it's not perfect).

Here's a preview from me:

13666_1.jpeg

Wow, I did convert that ancient Gnome icon theme for my Pegasos 2 and A4000 ten years ago. I wouldn't touch it with a ten feet pole nowadays.

amiga.jpg
    eZ-flat.png

Damn, that's old skool ;P

Yes, but that IS one nice display for an A4000.
    It reminds me that you guys kept working on this stuff long after I had left the market.
    Its a pity that 3.9 is basically in limbo, and I have no interest in trying to cobble together another enhanced version of 3.1.

So...what's wrong with a little retro look in an icon set?

There's nothing wrong with a little retro look, I actually prefer retro. It's just that I find that Gnome icon set pretty ugly nowadays.

BTW I'm no longer using 3.9 on my Amigas, I prefer 3.1 (with needed patches) and MagicWB icons ;)
  • »27.05.15 - 17:46
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Well, 3.1 is the only OS that is still currently available for legacy machines, and it ought to be faster.
    Still, too much patching needed.
  • »27.05.15 - 18:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Well, 3.1 is the only OS that is still currently available for legacy machines, and it ought to be faster.
    Still, too much patching needed.

IMHO 3.1 is a lot faster than 3.9 thats why I downgraded years ago. And patching wise it depends, I don't need much so I can live with a couple of patches, besides most of 3.9 features can be found on Aminet for free.

I'm happy with 3.1 and in hindsight I should've have switched sooner or even better never should've 'upgraded' in the first place.

Although not officially available anymore 3.9 can be easily found on the net. I still got the original CDs (3.5/3.9) and made backups of my original 1.x/2.x/3.x diskettes so I don't need a greedy company for my Amiga fix ;)

[ Edited by Toto 27.05.2015 - 22:29 ]
  • »27.05.15 - 21:39
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    WB_Coder
    Why are all Amiga people who charge a little money for their time called "greedy Amiga companies"? Is it because the people making those statements are so cheap and expect everything to be free, or because they are jealous that someone else is making a couple of bucks off an idea to support some Amiga users, and the complainer's aren't collecting anything from users?
  • »28.05.15 - 03:11
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

WB_Coder wrote:
    Why are all Amiga people who charge a little money for their time called "greedy Amiga companies"? Is it because the people making those statements are so cheap and expect everything to be free, or because they are jealous that someone else is making a couple of bucks off an idea to support some Amiga users, and the complainer's aren't collecting anything from users?

Well, yes, you've pretty much summarized the attitude.
    Many Amigans think the fruit of another's labor should be completely free.
    And with a long history of software cracking/theft it is easy to see why developers would avoid the Amiga market (that, and of course, the really tiny size of that market).

We want it free AND we reserve the right to piss in your cornflakes, that would about sum up the attitude.

[ Edited by Jim 28.05.2015 - 10:04 ]
  • »28.05.15 - 16:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

WB_Coder wrote:

Well, yes, you've pretty much summarized the attitude.
    Many Amigans think the fruit of another's labor should be completely free.
    And with a long history of software cracking/theft it is easy to see why developers would avoid the Amiga market (that, and of course, the really tiny size of that market).

We want it free AND we reserve the right to piss in your cornflakes, that would about sum up the attitude.

Well guys get off your high horses, I said original so obviously I've paid for those.

I'm all for paying for stuff that I find important and have no problem doing so, I've donated to several MorphOS projects I found usefull and paid for Amiga software like MUI, WHDLoad, XBench, etc over the years.

You can go ballistic all you want but a certain company I was revering to is milking the Amiga comunity like there is no tomorrow. If the sheeps want to pay for an Amiga rebranded turd then so be it but I won't.

BTW I've never ever asked money for anything I've released Amiga related!
    Mmhhh, just a thought, you holier-than-thou guys might be even using one of my themes/ports/icons/backdrops right now ;)

Hypocrites, that's all theres left to say.
  • »28.05.15 - 21:39
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    No Toto,
    My attitude was not the result of hypocracy, it was from starvation in the '80s and '90s.
    And I wasn't doing icons sets or backgrounds.
    I was selling hardware and writing drivers.

And the accusations of theft are not casual, the matter grieves me seriously to this day.
    Many Amigans freely traded software they had no right duplicating.
  • »30.05.15 - 16:46
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    WB_Coder
    Quote:

Toto wrote:

Well guys get off your high horses, I said original so obviously I've paid for those.

I'm all for paying for stuff that I find important and have no problem doing so, I've donated to several MorphOS projects I found usefull and paid for Amiga software like MUI, WHDLoad, XBench, etc over the years.

You can go ballistic all you want but a certain company I was revering to is milking the Amiga comunity like there is no tomorrow. If the sheeps want to pay for an Amiga rebranded turd then so be it but I won't.

BTW I've never ever asked money for anything I've released Amiga related!
    Mmhhh, just a thought, you holier-than-thou guys might be even using one of my themes/ports/icons/backdrops right now ;)

Hypocrites, that's all theres left to say.

Nope, not using any of your software, so the hypocrite remark is way off base when aimed at me. I have paid for all the Amiga software I own, except for a handful of 1.3 Amiga games I got from a friend the first week I owned my A1000. After that I have never copied any Amiga software from any other user, or website.

My comment was aimed at the attitude conveyed in your message, and not meant to be a direct accusation against your own private practices when it comes to software piracy. I feel that there are just too many current and former Amiga users who think that software should be freeware, or shareware, instead of letting the programmers choose what price to put on their work.

I don't know which company you are referring to, but I don't believe any remaining companies in this tiny Amiga market are "milking" the community. If you don't like their prices, you don't buy what they are selling, simple as that. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is getting rich selling anything remotely related to the Amiga any more.
  • »31.05.15 - 10:55