Summary of fixes to try for speeding up the SunGem Ethernet
    hooligan
    Thought I would share.. problems with low download speeds on my Mac are gone, I get 3.6-3.7MB/s instead of crawling I used to get. Ok so its nothing to be proud of as it should be over twice better but still a heck of an improvement.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »29.05.13 - 05:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    Thought I would share.. problems with low download speeds on my Mac are gone, I get 3.6-3.7MB/s instead of crawling I used to get. Ok so its nothing to be proud of as it should be over twice better but still a heck of an improvement.

If its possible to tweak internal tcp/ip stack settings in new Netstack as we can in Roadshow 68k, you could probably get most of your missing half, but we need documentation if its possible with env-vars or adding values to configfile from Morphos devs...
  • »07.06.13 - 12:38
  • MorphOS Developer
    Nadir
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

The MorphOS 3.2 release notes reveal that dynamic window scaling and Berkeley packet filter support have been implemented, which is really nice. Would you please tell if you went for the BSD 2.2 or the BSD 4.11 version?

It is based on FreeBSD 2.2 but with a few additions from FreeBSD8/9.

Btw, one feature that didn't make it into the release version is SACK support which I finalised only one day before the internal feature freeze and we decided to test it more before including it in a user release. It has a very positive impact on networks with a lot of packet drops / delay so that packets acks arrive out of order (which seems to be the case in my home nw for whatever reason...). On some networks it doesn't help at all basically because there is no problem in the first place

I am still making progress on the newer codebase, so let's see what happens with that as well
  • »07.06.13 - 12:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    Nadir
    Quote:

catohagen wrote:
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    If its possible to tweak internal tcp/ip stack settings in new Netstack as we can in Roadshow 68k, you could probably get most of your missing half, but we need documentation if its possible with env-vars or adding values to configfile from Morphos devs...

It is possible to control these kind of settings through the ARexx interface or through env:sys/net/NetStack.config. Unfortunately I don't think we included the documentation in the release (should do that next time) but you can download the AmiTCP4 demo from aminet and check AmiTCP.guide. The interface is the same in NetStack. Future releases will however support a larger set of variables that can be controlled.
  • »07.06.13 - 15:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It is possible to control these kind of settings through the ARexx interface or through
    > env:sys/net/NetStack.config. [...] Future releases will however support a larger set of
    > variables that can be controlled.

Now that NetStack settings can be controlled via Network prefs GUI in MorphOS 3.4, is NetStack.config still used or can this file be deleted?
  • »15.12.13 - 15:33