Bluetooth project
  • Just looking around
    ZOURIS
    Hi there

Since I don't know what to do with my MOS Machine, I started some time ago to analyse the possibility to bring the bluetooth protocol to MOS.
    There is a small, really small chance, that this idea comes to life one day, due to my lack of time, but a chance because I saw there is a VNC server package for MOS.

If I am writing all this, it's because I am searching for someone who could have a dev kit for bluetooth chips.

Actually, I found a chineese compagny who sent me a dev kit for a bluetooth chip they manufacture, but it's proprietary, and I have no confirmation that this chip will be still available in a year.

I would like, if someone has this in stock, a dev kit for broadcom bluetooth chips, I tried to mail 'em, but no news. Broadcom would be a good thing because this is something more spread (broadcom chips are on a lot of machines nowadays).

If someone has a good XP in bluetooth chips, I'll be glad to have a discussion with that person, and if someone can have a broadcom devkit I take It.

It can take the post fees in charge, and engage myself to send back the hardware after having taken my hands on it and saw what I can do with it. The idea is to avoid spending lot of money in dev kit, before fixing my choice on a single chip provider.

Initial areas of investigations are to bring easiest services bluetooth protocols describes, as a proof of concept, then expand the thing if it works and some huys are interested to have this developed further

That's all for now;)
  • »07.11.12 - 16:40
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I have no idea what utility it might be in a Power mac, but someone just shipped me a FW800 MDD motherboard with a Bluetooth module on it.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »14.11.12 - 00:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I have no idea what utility it might be in a Power mac, but someone just
    > shipped me a FW800 MDD motherboard with a Bluetooth module on it.

I guess it's the same utility as the Bluetooth module in my Mac mini ;-)
  • »14.11.12 - 01:40
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Andreas_Wolf,
    Quote:

I guess it's the same utility as the Bluetooth module in my Mac mini ;-)

Which under MorphOS would be...none?
    Its a strange little module.
    Looks identical to the one from a Powerbook.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »14.11.12 - 21:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Which under MorphOS would be...none?

So far, yes.
  • »14.11.12 - 22:32