R300 driver
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Fraggle wrote:,
    Quote:

Don`t be such a bunch of negative sad-sacks, this ain`t Amigaworld you know :o) I was just throwing the offer out there!

I agree, too much negativity around here sometimes. I think it was worth your time to offer the money and if one of the few programmers working on the R300 video driver could take advantage of your offer by accepting the money, sharing part of it with the other R300 driver programmers, and giving you the approx. deadline you were asking for, then no harm is done.

If they can't, then all the have to say is that your proposal is not feasible, with or without an explanation. I appreciate anyone who tries to provide their own cash to MorphOS Dev. Team members if it will help speed up development, but as many people have stated, it is time and man power that are in short supply, not money or motivation.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.09.12 - 05:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Quote:

Don`t be such a bunch of negative sad-sacks, this ain`t Amigaworld you know :o) I was just throwing the offer out there!

Lulz! Why do Fanboys always confuse REALITY for NEGATIVITY?

Look. You now have 2 team members telling you the facts. I'll say it again so you guys get it. As you know these developers are VERY talented programmers. Therefore, they have good paying gigs. They certainly are not going to give their real careers up to code for their passion hobby project full time. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN SO DONT WASTE YOUR ENERGY. WE are lucky these guys love morphos as much or more than we do (in fact they use it themselves!) So, just support developers by donating when you can and focus more on what YOU yourself can do for the platform. This whole thread is rather pointless (Though a noble effort) So hopefully its clear now.

btw the 3 devs who control morphos gfx drivers (well 4 if you count henes) ALL have FULL TIME JOBS. I know this for fact. (well last I knew havent talked to these guys much lately)
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »11.09.12 - 01:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    As Mag has ointed out, Frank was kind enough to chime in.
    He's been nice enough to resond to a few of my inquiries, but I try to keep my contacts to a minimum because I know he's busy.
    Hey, I myself do not have enouh hours to pursue everything I'd like to.
    So when these guys are willing to give up their free time to benefit us, well I just feel blessed and greatful.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »11.09.12 - 03:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Fraggle
    @Magnetic

Don`t be rude and don`t call me a fanboy!

Reality check mate - I DON`T EVEN HAVE A MOS SYSTEM YET!

So kiss my ass!

I`m just trying to offer what help I can, I have contacted Mark and Frank before doing anything.

What help have YOU offered besides putting down the efforts of others!?

Will

[ Edited by Fraggle 11.09.2012 - 03:41 ]
    Fraggle
  • »11.09.12 - 04:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Fraggle
    @Magnetic

Well? Are you going to answer then or do you just toss insults around?
    Tell me what you have contributed to the MOS effort!
    Fraggle
  • »11.09.12 - 23:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Hey buddy take it easy dont take it so serious. It was very nice of u to offer funding. U got an answer and u didn't listen to it.

There was a time I tried to do A LOT for morphos....
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »12.09.12 - 01:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    KMA?
    Honestly Fraggle, Mag didn't deserve that.
    And Magnetic paid for his MorphOS license.
    THAT'S one good way to support MorphOS(as well as USING it).

Words are cheap.
  • »12.09.12 - 04:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    magnetic wrote:,
    Quote:

Lulz! Why do Fanboys always confuse REALITY for NEGATIVITY?

Look. You now have 2 team members telling you the facts. I'll say it again so you guys get it. As you know these developers are VERY talented programmers. Therefore, they have good paying gigs. They certainly are not going to give their real careers up to code for their passion hobby project full time. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN SO DONT WASTE YOUR ENERGY. WE are lucky these guys love morphos as much or more than we do (in fact they use it themselves!) So, just support developers by donating when you can and focus more on what YOU yourself can do for the platform. This whole thread is rather pointless (Though a noble effort) So hopefully its clear now.

btw the 3 devs who control morphos gfx drivers (well 4 if you count henes) ALL have FULL TIME JOBS. I know this for fact. (well last I knew havent talked to these guys much lately)

You appear to be including me in your "Fanboys" insult, but I have no idea why? I think the only thing that is pointless in this thread, is your post that only points out what is obvious to everyone else that has posted in this thread, except for the half of it that includes the insulting label of Fanboys, accuses us of not knowing what reality is, and tries to convince us that our ideas could never happen. All of which are untrue and only your opinions which I have quoted above. You don't need to attack other members here if you disagree with what they are posting. I already admitted that I was off topic with my "thinking out loud" suggestions on how we might get a short term, full time MorphOS developer. It probably will never happen, but that doesn't mean I was asking anyone to quit their job, or that the idea is necessarily a bad idea for the right person and circumstances.

I don't see anyone asking these talented programmers to leave their good, high paying jobs, to work on the R300 driver, or in my off-topic, rambling out loud, suggestions about how to possibly get one or more full time MorphOS developers, which was not aimed at Frank, Mark, or any of the other MorphOS Dev. Team members who work on the video card drivers, but perhaps a less fortunate MorphOS Dev. Team member, who is not paid a high wage and hates his current job, or has just lost his job and could do some full time MorphOS programming while he looks for a new job.

Quote:

Well Bigfoot seems keen so it looks like it should/could happen. We`ll see...

This quote from Fraggle seems to me to indicate that he has gotten a reply from Bigfoot that indicated interest in the offer, so the thread certainly was not pointless, if one or more of the developers takes advantage of the offer. I suggest we do as Fraggle suggested, wait and see....

If anyone needs to calm down, it appears that it should have been you, before you wrote the message I quoted above.

Let's all remember that we support the same platform and not start fights between each other by throwing out insults that are not warranted. We need to work together, not against each other.

I will give you credit for almost apologizing after you made the insults, but that still doesn't erase what started the bad feelings in the first place and got such a hot response from Fraggle.

@Fraggle,

What the heck are you doing if you don't even own a MorphOS capable computer? Or is that you do own one, but just haven't installed MorphOS3.1 on it yet? No offense intended, but who in their right mind offers to pay £2,000 for a 3D driver to be completed for a platform he doesn't even own, or use yet? Sorry, but I don't understand any of that, unless your offer was not genuine and sincere.

I was hoping that it was, and that Bigfoot had accepted it and would be giving you an approx. completion date, which you would share with us by posting the approx. date in this thread.

[ Edited by amigadave 11.09.2012 - 21:31 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »12.09.12 - 06:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Fraggle
    I ordered a PB for my girlfriend and I wanted it to be as good as possible, Mark and Frank have been contacted so let`s all be friends and wait and see what happens.

Sorry to all for being a dick - I`ve just spent too much time spent on AW :o)
    Fraggle
  • »12.09.12 - 07:35
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Fraggle,
    Quote:

Sorry to all for being a dick - I`ve just spent too much time spent on AW :o)

Yeah, that could do it. But honestly, we're all pretty relaxed here.

And Frank and Co. have had this in the pipeline for a while (that's why I'm using an R300 card).

[ Edited by Jim 13.09.2012 - 00:45 ]
  • »13.09.12 - 00:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Fraggle
    Ok cool.

I`ve been in contact with Mark and he says he`s on the case :o)
    Fraggle
  • »13.09.12 - 01:25