First post from my Powerbook G4 A1139
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    It is second hand of course but it seems to be in very good condition. I have to get use to the trackpad buttons since it is a lot less sensible than the recent Macbook pro I use for work and as such requires pressing a lot more.
    Same thing with opening / closing the lid but the other way around. The new MacBook pro requires pushing / pulling harder.

I don't know what to test really. Any recommendations besides doing the usual web browsing, music listening ? Is there a good test suite that can confirm that it runs as expected ?

And of course I will be waiting for getting MorphOS 3.0 to really take advantage of this beast.

Christophe.
  • »15.11.11 - 11:47
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    Congrats and good flying! Upgrades: memory, hard drive, extra battery, external charger if you are on the go, test CD if you don't have install disks, ENJOY :-D

PS Netgear wireless cardWG511T

TechTool Deluxe AppleCare Protection Plan 0Z691-5891-AQ

[ Edited by osco 15.11.2011 - 07:47 ]
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »15.11.11 - 13:30
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    It has 2 GB RAM, hard drive was changed with supposedly fastest laptop ATA drive, has an extra battery and a new power cable.
    Are you suggesting onboard wifi is not going to be supported ?
  • »16.11.11 - 21:49
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Are you suggesting onboard wifi is not going to be supported ?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=11&topic_id=6042&start=104
  • »16.11.11 - 22:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Are you suggesting onboard wifi is not going to be supported ?

It really surprises me that anyone who would spend the money to purchase a G4 PowerBook to run MorphOS3.0 when released, would not have been aware of all the discussions regarding wireless support.

It is not like it has been a secret.

No, there will be no support for the Airport Extreme inside the G4 PowerBooks, and to my knowledge, NO ONE has even begun working on such support.

Even Neil Cafferkey, the author of the Prism2 wireless driver for the Amiga and primary author of the wireless networking driver for AROS and MorphOS has publicaly stated that support for Airport Extreme would be very difficult and has not been started.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.11.11 - 22:49
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I am only following MorphOS news once in a while since my work / personal life do not let me a lot of free time.
    I remember this was discussed a very long time ago (certainly as soon as the mini support was announced but frankly did not know the last word on this).
    I know I should have searched the forum to find this answer but I thought I would better get the answer from informed persons.

Now Osco has a nice thread going on on the supported upgrades and I will check it out.

Christophe.
  • »18.11.11 - 13:07