AmigaE developers?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Anyone here written any apps with the NEW(er) AmigaE yet? or does anyone know where I can get source to much newer code?

I like what ChrisH has done..has got me interested in developing again..hoping others are using AE.

Thanks!
  • »07.11.11 - 23:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    I had done a tutorial on IRC on the #AmigaE channel on Freenode but I'm starting it over in PortablE using the PortablE forum on ArosWorld.org. ChrisH has commented there and helped me to get 64-bit support out of my code!

The tutorial I've done is a bitset example for the inventory class of a text adventure game. It's kind of an intermediate skill-level example but I can do other examples as well.
  • »08.11.11 - 01:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    thats a good example also. I'm looking for all sorts of examples.. for apps though, not necessarily for building a game (although that is a side project I'm interested in).

Thanks!

More code always appreciated!!! :-)
  • »08.11.11 - 03:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I am also interested in starting to learn AmigaE programming skills.

I'll have to check out the PortablE forum & AmigaE IRC channel and see what these tutorials look like.

Cammy has commented that Samurai_Crow's instruction has helped her progress in her AmigaE programming skills quickly and that she is very appreciative for his help.

[ Edited by amigadave 07.11.2011 - 18:49 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.11.11 - 03:49
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    I don't know if I'm going to continue on the Sunday afternoon IRC sessions. A certain close friend of mine has needed tutoring in math on Sunday afternoons while raising five children and taking full-time classes at a community college. I'd just as soon give my attention to her.

ChrisH gives help sessions on Monday evenings (GMT) or so I've heard. I'd like to help, really, but it's a matter of priorities.
  • »08.11.11 - 17:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    TheMagicM,
    Quote:

Anyone here written any apps with the NEW(er) AmigaE yet?

I guess you mean with PortablE? The Amiga version of Lineapolis is written using PortablE, but (a) it is closed source, and (b) it is not (yet) compiled for MorphOS. So probably not much use to you...
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »08.11.11 - 19:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Completely understand your priorities Samurai_Crow and they are in the right place.

Thanks for all of the help you have already given to so many people in the past. I am sure once your time commitments for others are fulfilled over time you will return to helping Amiga coders again some day.
  • »08.11.11 - 19:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    TheMagicM,
    Quote:

thats a good example also. I'm looking for all sorts of examples.. for apps though, not necessarily for building a game (although that is a side project I'm interested in).

The inventory class is just an example of how to implement a bitset and an array to get the pointer back once you've got the bit numbers.

There are plenty of other data structures I could demonstrate to you as well.
  • »08.11.11 - 21:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I'm more looking for data input examples, file i/o, directory reading..etc..
  • »09.11.11 - 01:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    I still do develop my PowerD in CreativE (it's the closest clone to AmigaE), i suppose, you can use AmigaE rom kernel examples, which are on aminet...

bye, MarK.
  • »09.11.11 - 08:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have not heard of "CreativE". Where can it be downloaded from and what platforms does it run on?
  • »09.11.11 - 18:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    @amigadave

CreativE is based on the AmigaE 3.3 compiler sources. It runs on Classic Amigas only and generates code for Classic Amigas only.
  • »09.11.11 - 19:45
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    well, CreativE runs on classic Amiga and compatibles... works under UAE, and also under MorphOS. I use it on daily base. It generates code for 68k Amigas, but this also works pretty well under MorphOS 68k emulation. Anyway, on my G4 Peg2 my source code compiles in few seconds (and it has over 1 megabyte). Imo, it's a great piece of software... and is downloadable from aminet.

bye, MarK.
  • »10.11.11 - 07:05
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    MarK,
    I'm more looking for the PortablE way to write in AmigaE. Makes it much easier to write code instead of the old Amiga E way that I find on Aminet.
  • »12.11.11 - 00:16
    Profile Visit Website