Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 348 from 2004/8/31
From: Québec - Canada
More information (current state):
- it's a paint program for artists
- it's coded in MUI+Python (my PyMUI module) for UI and C for low-level drawing routines.
- it's designed for pressure sensitive devices, even if it works with a classical mouse, but pressure is fixed for this last.
- Not size-limited drawing surface.
- Non limited undo/redo.
- Non limited layers.
- Multiple documents.
- True RGB documents (working with internal 15bits pixels buffers).
- Loading in all formats supported by PIL (Python Imaging Library) as JPEG, PNG and OpenRaster (.ora).
- Saving in PNG and OpenRaster.
- Supported Palette file formats: .pal (internal) and .aco (Adobe Photoshop Color File Format).
- Fully customizable brushes with integrated manager.
- Line/Ellipse guide tools.
- Easy tools and color historic access as document overlay widgets.
- Independant layer transform matrix (rotation/translation supported).
- Per document view matrix (rotation/scale/translation).
- All inputs (keyboards, tablet tools) are fully customizable.
And note as it'll be a beta release, some features (more or less ready in code but finalisations needed, like viewport split, color management, CMYK documents, ...) missings but are planned for the 3.x serie.
The alpha version currently tested by two experimented graphists (big thanks to them!) is in frozen stage, before the beta packaging process.
I'm looking for tweak some parts and when I feel that GB3 is ready for public delivery... you know
And now... next project!