Underclock Mac Mini GPU?
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    danwood
    Hi guys

I'm still suffering from the graphical corruption glitch as detailed on this thread:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7808&forum=11

It's becoming really annoying and kinda putting me off using MOS at the moment, I've found myself heading back to
    my AmigaOne more lately, I'm really keen to get this sorted.

Tcheko says he had the same issue but solved it by underclocking the Radeon 9200. I've looked all over forums/web and can;t find any instructions on how to do this either in openfirmware or the OS.

Any ideas?
  • »22.04.11 - 19:34
  • deb
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    deb
    You can try Graphiccelerator at Your Own Risk
  • »23.04.11 - 10:16
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    danwood
    Seems I'd need to install OS X to run that? Is there anyway to do that without trashing my MOS install? I'm a bit new to all this!
  • »23.04.11 - 11:18
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    The glitches I had was solved by reducing the pixel clock, not the GPU clock.

Go to MorphOS preferences / Monitors panel. Pixel clock has a slider : lowering the pixel clock helped a lot to solve the graphical glitches. Be gentle with the slider : the monitor can go out of sync !

My display even blacked out after some seconds of heavy screen corruption. This problem only showed with 1680x1050 screens also.

Be sure that the mini is dust free inside : heat can trigger the problem as well. Open the case, clean the fan & heatsink with some dry air spray. It will increase the life length of the mini too. I know someone who had to buy a brand new mac mini fan from US. Costed near 80€ (fan + shipping + VAT + import taxes)... Pretty expensive !
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »23.04.11 - 12:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I know someone who had to buy a brand new mac mini fan from US. Costed
    > near 80€ (fan + shipping + VAT + import taxes)... Pretty expensive !

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7810&forum=9&start=2
  • »23.04.11 - 14:55