Dual boot on Mac mini AFTER Morphos installed
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Qwert44
    Dear All,

I would like to ask for the easiest method how to install Mac OS X on a Mac Mini, that has a full disk MorphOS installation already (without deleting the MorphOS part, just reducing).

The installation guide I have found does not detail it, only the other way around: keeping Mac OS X and then install MorphOS, but I need the opposite,

many thanks

Qwert44
  • »29.03.11 - 12:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    There's no "proper" way to do this right, really. I suggest you backup your data and do a full reformat.

Alternatively, you could: 1) defragment the data partition (assuming this is the last one on the hdd), 2) resize the data partition using HDConfig and create a hfs+ partition to cover the gained space (be extra cautious here, the partition must stay larger than the amount of data you had on it!, I'd say 20% is a safe margin), 3) save the new layout and reboot, 4) launch SFSDoctor and repair the data partition, 5) install OSX on the new partition, do NOT attempt partitioning on OSX!
  • »29.03.11 - 12:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    And don't come back whining if you lose your data because you decided to ignore backing it up :)
  • »29.03.11 - 12:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Qwert44
    Okay, thanks a lot, I give a try (with backing up :) )...
  • »02.04.11 - 21:14
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Let us know how you make out.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.04.11 - 04:44