eUAE Jerky Mouse, Screen to Big, Apps not launching.
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    I configured eUAE last night so that I can execute classic apps within MorphOS and have it auto launch UAE...

...well actually it just launches UAE and does not load the app, but I'll get on to that later when I can post my scripts.

The three issues I need to resolve right now are:

1. How do I get the mouse to settle down? At first it seems fine, then all of a sudden, I move it half way across the screen and it becomes jerky and I loose control of it. It may settle down for a bit, only to do it again.

2. How come over scan does not crunch the screen down? It is drawing too high and too low causing cut offs, so I adjust thinigs in overscan (the best I can), but when I hit save, nothing changes.

I'm also curious how one gets to a menu screen so I can eject and install floppy images on the fly while doing a WB 3.1 install. I had to copy over an installation to the WorkBench folder within UAE, and as it stands all the files are "protected" and I don't remember how to un-protect them, though I'd rather just do an install proper so I don't have to unprotect them one by one.
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »15.02.11 - 06:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    I can't help you with your E-UAE issues as it works ok for me. But just so you know you can use the "protect" command to change the protection bits of your Workbench files.
    Something like "protect Workbench: add WD all" I think iirc.
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »15.02.11 - 13:58
    XDelusion
    Grrr, I hate those kind of responses. I got the same kind when I was trying to get the sound in Shogo working. People just wrote me and said,"it's working fine on my end."

Never a good sign. Perhaps I should take an Axe to this eMac and buy something that supports a video card?

In regards to PROTECT, I want to remove protection rather than add it. Couldn't find any docs on it though.

• »16.02.11 - 04:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    Quote:

XDelusion wrote:
    Grrr, I hate those kind of responses. I got the same kind when I was trying to get the sound in Shogo working. People just wrote me and said,"it's working fine on my end."

Sorry, I know it's annoying but I was just being honest. I'm not a big user of e-uae but when I have used it, it's worked as expected. Maybe you should send me your config file to test on a different machine?

Quote:

In regards to PROTECT, I want to remove protection rather than add it. Couldn't find any docs on it though.

To make files "writable" and "deletable" you need to add the "W" and "D" bits, that's why in my example "add" is used. If they are not present the file is protected from deletion and being written to.

[ Edited by Ruud on 2011/2/17 8:34 ]
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »16.02.11 - 08:36
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > In regards to PROTECT, I want to remove protection rather than add it.
    > Couldn't find any docs on it though.

I advise you to get hold of an AmigaDOS manual. If you don't know how the 'protect' command works this manual will come handy very often I guess.
  • »16.02.11 - 08:49
  • deb
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    deb
    Use e-uae-0.8.29-WIP3.lha instead of E-UAE_0.8.29-WIP4
    WIP4 has some bugs.
  • »16.02.11 - 14:52
    XDelusion
    Ruud: He he, oh not a problem at all, it ain't your fault, I'm just saying, it sucks to be the only guy who is having problems when everyone else seems to be getting along fine. :)

Andreas_Wolf: Protect issues resolved, and yes I wish I still had my old Amiga DOS manual. Hopefully I can find one in PDF format or something. I'm sure someone has had to of scanned it by now.

Deb: Thankx I'll have a crack at that tonight!

Still considering taking a hammer to this eMac and recording it though. I'd really like to buy a better machine and transfer my license.

• »17.02.11 - 05:15
    Profile Visit Website
    serge
    Quote:

XDelusion wrote:
    I configured eUAE last night so that I can execute classic apps within MorphOS and have it auto launch UAE...

...well actually it just launches UAE and does not load the app, but I'll get on to that later when I can post my scripts.

The three issues I need to resolve right now are:

1. How do I get the mouse to settle down? At first it seems fine, then all of a sudden, I move it half way across the screen and it becomes jerky and I loose control of it. It may settle down for a bit, only to do it again.

2. How come over scan does not crunch the screen down? It is drawing too high and too low causing cut offs, so I adjust thinigs in overscan (the best I can), but when I hit save, nothing changes.

I'm also curious how one gets to a menu screen so I can eject and install floppy images on the fly while doing a WB 3.1 install. I had to copy over an installation to the WorkBench folder within UAE, and as it stands all the files are "protected" and I don't remember how to un-protect them, though I'd rather just do an install proper so I don't have to unprotect them one by one.

Hi, I'm having the same trouble when using SDL UAE version.

I think it's a PowerSDL issue.
    I never found THE solution.
    This problem doesn't exists with native version.

Unfortunatly only PowerSDL version supports Picasso96 emulation.
  • »17.02.11 - 10:38
    XDelusion
    So Picasso96 does work? How strange, I installed it, but it didn't show up as an option after reboot. :/

DEB: Downgrading UAE helped a lot in regards to the Mouse acting all cracked out. I had to change my screen resolution in the UAE config file to fix the problem with the screen being too big, but have not had time to tinker as much as I'd like to have, but hopefully will tonight.

Oh ya, and should emulation on an eMac be so much slower than my 606 1200, or even my 030 600?!

If not, could someone please share their config file with me along with info about their virtual set up?

[ Edited by XDelusion on 2011/2/17 20:33 ]

• »18.02.11 - 01:30
    Profile Visit Website
    XDelusion
    Oh yes, and should the Sound levels in eUAE be unbalanced? I've noticed that the EFX volume in some games is much lower than the musick, though things do not act this way on my real Amiga.

• »18.02.11 - 08:46
    Profile Visit Website