ARM for the future?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Those Smartphones are so powerful that the this power is completely wasted at the moment.
    I think eventually we will only have one device. You take it with you and when you're at home, or work, you just plug it into something, you have your keyboard and a screen and you work on this device only.

Manfred
  • »25.09.17 - 07:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Tell you what, YOU buy the extremely overpriced iPhone8, and I'll stick with my much more affordable Android phone.
    Apple fanatics creep me out almost as bad as Hare Krishnas.

I didn't even mention the iPhone. I was talking about the processor.

BTW I use a 4 year old Android phone.
  • »26.09.17 - 01:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I don't need a cell pone with a laptop grade cpu. [...] Cell phones may act as sort of a
    > substitute, if your into eye strain a sore thumbs, but I'm not joining the fixated tiny
    > screen zombies I everywhere in public these days.

I guess the A11 (or maybe A11X variant) will be used in tablet computers as well ;-)
  • »26.09.17 - 02:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Intuition
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

minator wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    it's a monster! :-)

That it is. Well into laptop performance levels:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-8-benchmarks-fastest-phone,review-4676.html

Quote:

And interesting to see that Apple has gotten into GPU development now as well...

They've been using semi-custom GPUs for years now. Looks like they've finally gone full custom now.

Tell you what, YOU buy the extremely overpriced iPhone8, and I'll stick with my much more affordable Android phone.
    Apple fanatics creep me out almost as bad as Hare Krishnas.

I don't need a cell pone with a laptop grade cpu.

And btw, could we limit our discussion to computers?
    Cell phones may act as sort of a substitute, if your into eye strain a sore thumbs, but I'm not joining the fixated tiny screen zombies I everywhere in public these days. Its a little too much like crawling up your own asshole.

I couldn't work as effectively as I do without this on my Oneplus 3, https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page

Time is money. ;)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.9

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, OSX 10.5.8, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »26.09.17 - 17:33