Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 348 from 2004/8/31
From: Québec - Canada
Good news to all lucky Wacom Intuos tablet owners!
After spending some time on the weird HID.class configuration action window,
I've succeed to autamically setup these wacom tablets to act in tablet mode (pressure, tilt, ....) than just in 'mouse' mode.
This setting acts as my Wacom fix program I was done in 2009.
Now the trick:
1) Open the System Settings window, and go into USB devices setttings.
2) Select the "Devices" item in the left list, then search for your tablet in the right list
=> for me (Intuos3) it's named "PTZ-631W"
3) double click on this device to open its Information window.
4) In the information window, double click on the interface assigned to the Mouse/hid.class.
5) A HID.class configuration window appears, select the 'Action' tab on top.
6) Select the "[Extra]" item in "Repports and collections" list and configure the "Inital startup actions" item (right list) like this picture:wacom_hid_poseidon.jpg
(Note: the "Array values" string box is "2,2" and the Operation is not 'Set' as written in the image, but 'Assign'
7) save and it's done.Important note:
After some tests yesterday, it seems that the HID.class is bugged, using always the same Array values on some other features, I've got errors messages indicates various array data len! And the data assigned is always 1!
So my config works or not depending on some strange conditions...
[ Edited by Yomgui on 2011/1/7 10:26 ]
And now... next project!