sdk update with CubicIDE
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    So I finally downloaded the current sdk. But how to set it up when CubicIDE is already installed?I did a simple try by just disassigning gg: and installing it with the installer. Installation itself went without probs, but then trying a hello world example with gcc failed (gg: is assigned to the new sdk (:Cubic IDE/ide/devkits/sdk/morphos/Development/GG)).

gcc -o ram:hello ram:hello.c
    gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot open crt0i.o: No such file or directory

Example still works when gg: is assigned to the path where the cubic installation put gcc to (:Cubic IDE/ide/devkits/compilers/gcc/morphos/2.95.3).

And about how to integrate the current sdk to Cubic I don't have the slightest clue... Does it work similar to what is described how to set up the sdk with CubicIDE for OS4?

Hints/suggestions highly appreciated.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »24.11.10 - 15:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The SDK assigns must obviously be preserved, otherwise the whole thing falls apart. To integrate it with CubicIDE you should *probably* just remove its original bins and replace them with softlinks to SDK:GG/Bin. I'd say installing the SDK inside CubicIDE directory isn't the best idea.

If you could do a
    Code:
    list all >list.txt

in CubicIDE: and sent me the file I could try writing a script that'd automate this.

[ Edited by jacadcaps on 2010/11/24 18:54 ]

[ Edited by jacadcaps on 2010/11/24 18:55 ]
  • »24.11.10 - 17:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    The SDK assigns must obviously be preserved, otherwise the whole thing falls apart. To integrate it with CubicIDE you should *probably* just remove its original bins and replace them with softlinks to SDK:GG/Bin. I'd say installing the SDK inside CubicIDE directory isn't the best idea.

If you could do a
    Code:
    list all >list.txt

in CubicIDE: and sent me the file I could try writing a script that'd automate this.

I just removed the newly installed drawer "develoment" from cubic: to make it clean again and did a list all files then. I also included s:user-startup where Cubic does several assigns.
    The list and user-startup I put to: http://www.via-altera.de/temp/cubic_info.lha
    --

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
  • »24.11.10 - 20:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I wish MorphEd was more similar to UltraEdit with column mode, line number markers at the left, integrated Diff that allows jumping to the line you choose, replace option for various files, possibility of choosing a private screen, standard MUI gadgets, possibility of using standard amiga shortcuts like rAmiga+x/c/v in program windows (ATM you can't paste stuff inside search window using rAmiga+v). Some of these small problems like "Diff" could be fixed using 3rd party apps and some ARexx scripting but MorphEd feels a little incomplete.
  • »24.11.10 - 20:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    MorphED is a dead project basically. Hopefully we'll be able to replace it soon.
  • »24.11.10 - 21:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Zylesea:

Hard to say what the CubicIDE setup does in user-startup...

Anyway, it looks to me like you should just go to ide/devkits/compilers/gcc/morphos/, rename 2.95.3 to 2.95.3_old and make a softlink: makelink fullpath:to/cubic/ide/devkits/compilers/gcc/morphos/2.95.3 SDK:GG. That should hopefully make it work.
  • »24.11.10 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    manga
    what about that? https://morph.zone/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1771

checked it, but its not online anymore under that link. you could ask geit or write me a pm. its on my desk.
    Powermac MDD 1,25GHz Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB, 1,5gb, Terratec Aureon Space, USB2.0 NEC, MorphOS 2.6 regged, Powermac MDD Dual1.42, Radeon X800XT PE 256MB waiting for r300 support, Mac Mini 1.5GHz MorphOS 2.6 Regged, Efika Radeon 9250 128MB Morphos 2.6
  • »24.11.10 - 21:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    The softlink from Cubic IDE/ide/devkits/compilers/gcc/morphos/2.95.3/ point snow to development/GG.

gg: points to development/GG now.

calling gcc and g++ from directory bin work. At least the pure c (stdio) and c++ (iostream) hello worlds work. And - hooray -gcc 4.4.4 is used

But trying gcc "hello world" with proto/dos.h fails

It seems the SDk is messd up now.

gcc -o -noixemul ram:hello ram:hello.c
    ram:hello(*ABS*+0x1): multiple definition of `__abox__'
    ../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/4.4.4/../../../../ppc-morphos/lib/crt0i.o(.sdata+0x4): first defined here
    ../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/4.4.4/../../../../ppc-morphos/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Could not find abbrev number 110.
    ram:hello(.sdata+0x0): multiple definition of `__amigappc__'
    ../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-morphos/4.4.4/../../../../ppc-morphos/lib/crt0i.o(.sdata+0x0): first defined here
    ram:hello(.sdata+0x14): multiple definition of `errno'
    [cut]
    --

• »26.11.10 - 12:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Nice 404 by geits webserver though...

I send you a pm. Would be nice if you send me that file.
    --

• »26.11.10 - 12:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Hard to say what causes the problem now... perhaps some of the assigns are changed by Cubic and parts point to its own installation. You could check that with SnoopDOS I guess.
  • »26.11.10 - 13:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Have you already soved the problem? I am trying to update old MOS SDK from CubicIDE and I have the same problem. :( I have tried to use CubicSDKUpdater but problem exists still. :( Old SDK with CubicIDE works well...
  • »15.05.11 - 09:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Still not sure when we'll release an updated SDK. I won't do any Cubic integration, but at least the softlink problem should be gone with the updated 4.4.5 compiler. The idea is to offer something better and MUI based in the SDK itself, hopefully with the next release - we already demoed the new editor on several occasions.
  • »15.05.11 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Well I do have a (more or less) working Cubic + current SDK, I'm just not 100% sure how I did it ......

AFAIR :
    - removed old Cubic/SDK and all evidence from user-startup
    - reboot
    - installed sdk
    - reboot
    - installed Cubic selected "DevEnv" (or whatever it's called) but than manually deselcted all compilers/SDKs

Hitting "F2" for "make all" worked at that point (I think) but only with non-Cubic-generated makefiles...

- make the dictionaries point to the new SDK (deeply hidden in Cubic's 1001 config-windows)

Certainly not for the weak at heart :-o
  • »15.05.11 - 11:07
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Thank you for the answers.

jacadcaps:
    OK, no problem. I'va already resigned with the integration SDK with CubicIDE. It isn't big problem. I can compile by CLI and my fingers. :) CubicIDE/GoldED/MorphED are dead editors. New editor based on MUI? Great! I am waiting for it.

Kronos:
    Thank you for the step-by-step solution. I can use CubicIDE and compile in CLI. No problem. :) However now I have a lot of problems with compilation my funny sources in new SDK. I think, I will back to old SDK because it is impossible. The same sources I compile in GCC/Windows, GCC/MacOSX, GCC/MorphOS (old SDK). However new SDK isn't for me probably. :) I have been trying for 2 days and there no positive results. :(
  • »15.05.11 - 19:46
    Profile Visit Website