Impossible to install MorphOS on Mac..
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Hi everyone!
    I have a Quicksilver 2002 in wich I have installed Mac OS X Tiger and prepared the hard disk for MorphOS installation. I followed the Jacadcaps guide to do this, applying the little mod, as suggested by Boot_wb: I created two 30 m partition to use one of them with MorphOS boot.img and the other for a Linux system loader.
    So I created two 30 meg partitions, two 20,61 giga partitions (one for MorphOS, one for MacOS), one 16,70 giga partition for Linux and one 17,85 giga partiton for swap.
    Installed Mac OS and rebooted with MorphOS 2.6 cd in.
    Once loaded, I started IWizard and followed instructions til the IWizard - Storage window. I selected manual configuration and clicked on continue and the window showed the partitions I've created with alot more and everything doubled!
    If I run HDConfig I see four 28 k partitions, three 256 k partitions, two 30 meg partitions, one 128 meg partition and the 20,61 giga partition, another 128 meg and 20,61 giga partitions, the two linux partitions with the two 128 mega partitions and last one 8 k partition.
    Everything is selectable and modifiable without problem but when the partitions are showed in IWizard - Storage they become eight 28 k, six 256 k and so on. The only two partitions selectable and modifiable are the linux partitions. For all the others I obtain an "Invalid layout" error and I can't modify anyting so the installation can't go on.
    What is wrong? Or what I did it wrong?
    Why I have that strange hard disk configuration with all those mini partitions?
    THanks in advance!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »31.10.10 - 13:41
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Matt_H
    The mini partitions are normal - something about the way the Mac does partitioning. You can ignore them.

As to your other issues... I'm not sure. Did you use GParted to repartition?
  • »31.10.10 - 14:08
    Jambalah
    Thanks Matt! So I can ignore them.
    The problem then is: why when I start IWizard to install MorphOS 2.6 they double and the partitions for MorphOS are not selectable/modifiable?
    I didn't use GParted, I used the disk utility on Mac OS X install dvd to create all partitions.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »31.10.10 - 14:29
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Matt_H
    Not sure if there's a way to salvage your current layout, but you might try starting from the beginning again. I'm guessing there's nothing important on the drive right now.

Boot from the OSX disc and do a full format/erase on the drive. Create a single, whole drive partition for MacOS and install it. Then use GParted from the Ubuntu live CD as described in the guide to shrink the Mac partition and create your new ones.
  • »01.11.10 - 04:20
    Jambalah
    Quote:

Boot from the OSX disc and do a full format/erase on the drive. Create a single, whole drive partition for MacOS and install it

Indeed, it's what I did! When I created partitions again I used OSX with the result to find the doubled partitioms when IWizard run. I checked again with mounter and I found 16 partitions instead of the 8 that should be...
    I will try again...
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »01.11.10 - 10:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Divinity
    @Jambalah

use this "scheme":
    http://amiga.ikirsector.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14437&p=171281&hilit=yaboot+blessed#p171281
  • »01.11.10 - 11:51
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Matt_H
    Try repartitioning with GParted instead of OSX. I had no issues with it.
  • »02.11.10 - 00:03