Audio CD-tracks as .wav files and SPDIF
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    jalla
    Just noticed that CD audio-tracks appears like .waw files in Ambient. Maybe this has been a feature a long time(?) . Anyways. I just discovered it ;)

This is a very nice feature, concerning sampling, editing and just to create mp3's!! But when I tried to play the wav's (in ambient own player), I didn't get any sound. The player appeared (ambient player in the top toolbar) in fragments of a second but then dissapeared. When I copied a file to ram: I could play it from ambient.

Funny enough, I can play the same file from AmiNetRadio player straight from the CD.
    So something tells me that something somewhere is not right, Could be something in my setup too, so I don't know if this is normal or not. It's not a big deal really :)

A second issue. I am using the SPDIF (digital sound output) to my speaker system.
    Are there any ways to control the volume of it from Morphos ?(Wave volume does, but not main volume/Output volume. Is it simply missing from Inputs in Mixer ?

Only SPDIF buttons I can find are to enable/disable SPDIF and S3D Level.
    Those buttons/modes works just fine!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Pegasos II/G4/512MB/Radeon9200
  • »26.10.10 - 22:19
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    As far as I know, and have found this on every piece of audio equipment I have ever owned with optical out. You cant change the volume of tha audio. This is always done on the source reciever
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »27.10.10 - 10:21
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    jalla
    Ok, it makes a bit sence since it is only a digital signal and not analog audio.

In my case the receiver is a PC wich my speakers are attached to.
    but also there I have no other option than changing the main volume which also affects all other output resources on that computer.

I can live with it. Just curious...
    The nice volume.sbar is useless for me then. :(
    Pegasos II/G4/512MB/Radeon9200
  • »27.10.10 - 20:44