Transparency issue with april and clonck
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    Hi there,

i have a transparency problem with clonck and april. after booting my ambient screen looks like this.

grabMQC4G.jpg

The grey border in clonck disappears as soon as i open and close the preferences window of clonck. and the transparency in april appears as soon as i click somewhere on april.
    So how can i fix that? i don't like to do this every time i reboot.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »27.06.10 - 12:19
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    ok, it is because of activated enhanced layers. it works fine now after i deactivated it, but lucy doesnt work anymore.
    april and clonck needed to be fixed.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »27.06.10 - 12:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    @Cego
    Quote:

ok, it is because of activated enhanced layers. it works fine now after i deactivated it,

Where can it be found for deactivation? Ambient's prefs?
    PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.18
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »17.07.15 - 04:52
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    In system settings -> Screens -> Ambient -> Enhanced display. It can be defined per screen, some may be enhanced (3D accelerated) and some not (traditional 2D acceleration).

Enhanced screen uses more graphics memory, but it's faster on several layers of windows.. but OTOH may be a bit slower when scrolling window's contents etc. Enhanced also removes tearing effects and allows hw accelerated transparency etc visual effects.

It would be nice if April (and apparently Clonck too) would be updated to support the enhanced display. I keep my Ambient screen enhanced while other screens not, and I've solved my April problem by using a suitable background image for April itself which fits with the Ambient bg image. Of course it fails if I want to change my Ambient bg then...
  • »17.07.15 - 06:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    @jPV

thanks for the explanation. I'll try without Enhanced display for a while. I'll try your solution for April if not convinced without Enhanced display.

Quote:

jPV wrote:
    In system settings -> Screens -> Ambient -> Enhanced display. It can be defined per screen, some may be enhanced (3D accelerated) and some not (traditional 2D acceleration).

Enhanced screen uses more graphics memory, but it's faster on several layers of windows.. but OTOH may be a bit slower when scrolling window's contents etc. Enhanced also removes tearing effects and allows hw accelerated transparency etc visual effects.

It would be nice if April (and apparently Clonck too) would be updated to support the enhanced display. I keep my Ambient screen enhanced while other screens not, and I've solved my April problem by using a suitable background image for April itself which fits with the Ambient bg image. Of course it fails if I want to change my Ambient bg then...

PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.18
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »17.07.15 - 12:40