Icon Editor ?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I could not find an Icon Editor included in the MOS installation, and a quick browse through the MorphOS file repositories did not find anything useful.

I just wanted to make myself an icon for an old program. I ended up finding an old 68 program named glow32. This is a command line tool, but using it with the 'R' gui-program it turned out to do the job. I can now select one or two image files and this program generates an icon file.
    For later use I made a project icon for the glow32 file and made r the default tool, and put it in my utilities drawer

But I was thinking there was something more advanced and Morphos native available. What do others use for creating/editing icons on MorphOS?
  • »26.06.10 - 11:15
    Kronos
    Ambient uses normal PNG-images as icons, so just use any GFX-app (like sketch in sys:applications), select PNG and save with a filename ending in .info.
  • »26.06.10 - 11:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Thanks, that seem to work.
    Was strugling a bit with that program with how to erase anything. It seems like the RMB action needs to be set for each session. So if I set it to erase, it will do that, but restarting the program the settings are reset.
    In many paint programs the RMB button will paint using the background colour, but Sketch doesnt seem to do that. Is there a setting for this?
  • »27.06.10 - 11:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    stefkos
    You are first who is reporting this bug. Please check manual and if you will find other bugs report me.
  • »27.06.10 - 17:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    This might be a MUI thing. But the slider to select pen size manually is very ackward to use. Pressing it and you se the whole slide range, but as soon as I try to drag it, it only shows the number. So I cant really drag it anywhere, sometimes I can make it increase by a few numbers, but often it just jumps back to a low number.

I get the exact same behaviour with the icon size slider in PolyNet prefs. Its very hard to set the icon size.

Another thing I experience with Skecth is that trying to use the stamp will freeze my machine.

UPDATE: The latest Sketch update (from 15.06.10) have fixed this freezing problem. Works great after updating :)

[ Edited by amyren on 2010/6/30 9:41 ]
  • »28.06.10 - 14:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi all, I've just started using MorphOS (newbie) but I've had Amigas for many years, so I know some of the basics for this updated OS.

I just can't believe that there is no Icon Editor for MorphOS, that seems to be a fundamental feature missing from the OS.

I wondered if anyone has had any success at using any of the older Amiga OS 3.9 or lower with their icon editors and getting them to run under MorphOS?

Though there was never any support for PNG icons in OS3.9 until the PowerIcon utility came along, but it didn't actually allow the creation of PNG .info icon images, and I seem to remember trying to edit a PNG icon in OS3.9 with Icon Edit and it just offered a sprawl of colours as it's attempt to render the PNG image/icon, so I doubt that will work.

I was also surprised that when you attempt to SAVE a PNG default icon it does not save it as though it was a specific PNG icon as it does with a standard .info under OS3.9, so you don't have to keep 'showing' all files. In fact I don't see it SAVE the file in any different a way than it was before.

I also tried to save an icon file as a project instead of a tool, and add a default tool to it, but the icon didn't save the features / modifications, just went back to where it was before. I cannot understand why that feature seems to be available, if it just doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed that problem or know of a way to enable the feature, and know if it saves the icon file with an .info file ?

I have enabled the feature of creating .info files from default icons, but I still seem to have a few non-.info icons peppered about, and is there any way to get this remdied with ease. I have resorted to deleting non-.info folders/drawers and creating new ones with an info file.

Having said that under OS3.9 it had a 'tick-box' default enabled for 'create icon' when you generated a new folder, which was a lot less complicated than having to click on the requester field box to either create or not-create an icon when you do this under MorphOS. If anyone knows how to enable the create icon feature by default I'd like to know, because if you press 'Enter' you immediately create a folder/drawer without an icon which seems a bit daft. Anyone know of a solution to that problem

I know you can save the snapshot the contents of a directory/folder once you've made the files 'visible' but it's a second rate method of achieving what was a better feature in a much older OS that was far better handled, especially as there was a keyboard shortcut to be able to do that instead of having to keep using the mouse and selecting that option in the drop-down menu.

I like the icon/file Thumbnail feature a lot, and that is definitely an improvement. Can you choose the size of the thumbnails by altering some setting(s)? 8-)

Anyway, glad to be here, and to have joined the MorphOS folks with my Mac Mini.

Is there anywhere to add the fact that I have registered as a user, some sort of list to add my presence as to how many of us there are in total?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.11.12 - 01:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Is there anywhere to add the fact that I have registered as a user, some
    > sort of list to add my presence as to how many of us there are in total?

You can add your keyfile no. and purchase date to that thread:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5875&forum=14

Furthermore, there are several sites collecting data on MorphOS (and other OS) users. See there for the links:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6395&forum=3&start=6
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6395&forum=3&start=19
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8087&forum=3&start=68
  • »10.11.12 - 07:58
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    NewSense,
    Quote:

I just can't believe that there is no Icon Editor for MorphOS

As said in some post above, there is one: Sketch. And you can use any other image editor able to load and save PNG.

Quote:

I was also surprised that when you attempt to SAVE a PNG default icon it does not save it

The "Information" window is a bit special because it gives you access to both the file's attributes and its (potential) .info icon through the same single GUI element. Two in one.
    I often use it to change a file's attributes and I certainly wouldn't like it adds an icon to it... because I would have to delete it immediatly afterward.

But the "Information" window can be made to save an icon. You just have to drag and drop another icon over the currently displayed one. And press the (then unghosted) save button.
  • »10.11.12 - 09:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Henes,
    Quote:

As said in some post above, there is one: Sketch. And you can use any other image editor able to load and save PNG.

I am surprised there is only this image editor for MorphOS. What a mess to have to load an external program to 'fudge' an icon into being, instead of having a dedicated utility within the framework of an OS to be able to modify easily an icon that you want to be able to utilise for other purposes, rather than maybe have to totally design your own, and ensure you create it in the correct format/size.

With Amiga OS3.x you could do all those modifications with IconEdit, and were glad that it was there as a method creating duplicate icons or modified icons for whatever you wanted. I have found it indispensible for OS3.x, particularly for OS3.9, and quite frankly I was stunned to not find an Icon Editor in MorphOS. It's like taking a step back to Windows and Mac where you can't just readily do that - it's definitely not a plus point, and one mistake that I'd hope will be rectified as soon as possible.

Quote:

The "Information" window is a bit special because it gives you access to both the file's attributes and its (potential) .info icon through the same single GUI element. Two in one.

Well that is basically the same as Amiga OS3.9, BUT when I tried to amend the 'tool' information to 'project' it unghosted/highlighted the SAVE option, but when I saved it, and went back to it, it had failed to save the changes, now that is another problem that needs fixing as soon as possible.

Quote:

I often use it to change a file's attributes and I certainly wouldn't like it adds an icon to it... because I would have to delete it immediatly afterward.

Why would you want to delete an icon under normal circumstances? As I see it with the way MorphOS works, every damn time you open a window you have to go through the 3 stage process of 'showing all files', then show 'thumbnails' then you have to open the menu again to snapshot all in that window, or the next time you look through that folder you won't see what you want to be able to see straight away, and that again takes time to go through all that messing about yet again, it's just ridiculous.

I ought to mention that under OS3.9 using IconEdit you could choose to save the .info file as ANY icon you had on your system, or just as a modified version of the one you imported, or save it as the same icon as either the same nameor as a different name. So many possibilities, but none of them seem to have reached this OS.

Choosing 'Information' on Amiga O3.9 you could alter the name of the icon, alter the tooltype, the stack size, and many other things, some of which you are supposed to be able to do on MorphOS, but which don't seem to work fully as far as I have had occasion to use.

You could also save the file you had just accessed the information of, but without saving it with an icon file, or you could save it with an icon from the default set that it had been imported with, and then you could change it to what you wanted with IconEdit or just copy another icon that you wanted it to inherit with the copy command via the CLI/Shell. More features that as yet I seem to feel have failed to make it into this OS

Unless, as a newbie, I am missing some simple fix that allows a keyboard shortcut(s) to show all files in a folder with a keyboard keypess combination, or some preference feature that automatically allows you to see all the contents in all folders by default, and I'd love to see that feature, but I don't think as yet even that exists, but please let me know if one does exist, or a small program that allows you to modify the menu keystrokes, as I'll be changing them pronto/immediately I get to find out if/that such a program exists.

I used to use a program called ReKeyIt on my Amiga under OS3.9 which allows you to add numerous keyboard shortcuts to allow this functionality and give you many more keyboard shortcuts, and even change some of the original Amiga keyboard shortcuts to make it work more efficiently, wheras MorphOS doesn't have such a utility, or a keyboard option for a menu option for each folder, wether it has or does not have an icon to virtually immediately show what's in the folder even if there are no files with associated icons in the folder.

I just can't believe MorphOS in this latest version 3 has been left with such severely hampered limitations regarding icons, and keyboard shortcuts as it is at the moment. I have seen the prefs for keyboard shortcuts, which I stumbled on, and amended some of the keypresses, which has made a small impovement to the functionality of using the keyboard, but I have not found a way to modify the keyboard shortcuts for the main, or window menus at present (MUI style) - maybe they are buried somewhere in MUI that I haven't found, though I doubt that, though maybe it could be easily be incorporated in there.

I really hope there is a solution I haven't seen or been told about to remedy this situation as it's just awful at present, and is spoiling my enjoyment of getting to grips with the OS.

Quote:

But the "Information" window can be made to save an icon. You just have to drag and drop another icon over the currently displayed one. And press the (then unghosted) save button.

OK, that works, but what a laborious method of being able to do that. What happened to the efficiency of the OS to put the user in a situation where they are not able to automatically make visible ANY, and ALL icons/files, even if they are default icons, and even if they do or do not have an icon for pity's sake.

[ Edited by NewSense 11.11.2012 - 03:14 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.11.12 - 01:51
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> As said in some post above, there is one: Sketch. And you can use any
    >> other image editor able to load and save PNG.

> I am surprised there is only this image editor for MorphOS. What a mess
    > to have to load an external program to 'fudge' an icon into being

There are umpteen image editors that run on MorphOS. Sketch is just the one that comes with the OS, so you don't "have to load an external program".
  • »11.11.12 - 08:48
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    when I tried to amend the 'tool' information to 'project' it unghosted/highlighted the SAVE option, but when I saved it, and went back to it, it had failed to save the changes

Are you sure the icon for the edited file really existed? If no, it is obvious that any changes cannot be saved.

or just copy another icon that you wanted it to inherit with the copy command via the CLI/Shell

It still works.

every damn time you open a window you have to go through the 3 stage process of 'showing all files', then show 'thumbnails' then you have to open the menu again to snapshot all in that window, or the next time you look through that folder you won't see what you want to be able to see straight away

No. Just make sure the drawer you are snapshotting has a real icon. Shapshot settings are stored in icon, the same as in AmigaOS 3.9.

OK, that works, but what a laborious method of being able to do that.

I guess changing the icon image with drag&drop is less laborous than launching an icon editor and loading image into it.

What happened to the efficiency of the OS to put the user in a situation where they are not able to automatically make visible ANY, and ALL icons/files, even if they are default icons, and even if they do or do not have an icon for pity's sake.

There are cycle gadgets in each ambient window for fast switching between icon/list view and between showing all files or icons only. It can be also snapshotted for any drawer having an icon + it can be set globally for non-snapshotted window.
  • »11.11.12 - 09:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    Configuring shortcuts for switching lister modes. From the screen menu: Settings->Ambient. Then "Keyboard" page. Group "Builtin command hotkeys" contains items:
    • Cycle Mode, this is a hotkey for switching between list and icons.
    • Cycle Submode, this switches between icons only, all files and thumbnails.
  • »11.11.12 - 09:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    @Newsense

It can be a bit frustrating getting used to some of the changes from 3.9 (although personally I found iconedit slow to load and kludgy when it did). I also found the 'multiple clicks to see all files' frustrating until I got my system configured.

Quote:

[...] or some preference feature that automatically allows you to see all the contents in all folders by default,

There is:

Right clink on desktop
    Settings>Ambient
    Windows>View behaviour

The preferences scheme, whilst greatly improved in layout from OS3.9/MorphOS1.x, is still a bit of a nightmare to navigate for the novice.

RMB on desktop>Settings>
    has 4 entries (Ambient, Ambient MUI, System, MUI) which are explained below (in a more logical order).

MUI
    MUI is the GUI toolkit used for Ambient, and most programs. It's big, but is easy to get to grips with: it's hierarchical. (Ambient can also be seen as an 'MUI program' in terms of this hierarchy.)
    Global settings are made in Settings>MUI, which become the 'default' for all programs (including Ambient). These can then be over-ridden for individual programs within the program's own settings (any MUI program will have an 'MUI settings' item in its menu)

Ambient MUI
    These are the MUI settings for Ambient only - these will affect how elements of the desktop environment appear (eg file browsing windows, 'About MorphOS' information windows, etc). Changes made here will not affect the appearance/behaviour of any programs which are launched.

Ambient
    These are Ambient's 'program settings' (how icons appear, what information is shown on the desktop/titlebar, ambient behaviour, default window views, etc).

System
    System settings: Network, USB, etc (iControl is also here, which is a bit confusing since there is some overlap with Ambient functionality).

One of the most confusing things is seeing duplication between 'MUI' settings, 'Ambient MUI' settings, and individual 'program MUI' settings. Once you understand the hierarchy, it all becomes a bit more logical.

Unfortunately, as with any highly configurable/complex system, the balance has to be made between 'simplicity in the user interface' and 'providing access to every degree of functionality'. I actually think they've done rather well in this regard, although there's always room for improvement.

[ Edited by boot_wb 11.11.2012 - 20:22 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »11.11.12 - 11:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    NewSense,

(Nearly?) all things you ask are possible with MorphOS/Ambient so I imagine there must be some misunderstandings... I hope krashan & boot_wb covered most of them. If not, please ask.

Now, about the icon editor...

MorphOS' icon files are real PNG images. To edit them, you can use any image editor able to handle the PNG format. MorphOS comes with such an editor/paint program called Sketch. Sketch is part of MorphOS and you can find it in SYS:Applications/Sketch.
    So, as such, there is no need to use an "external" or 3rd party binary to edit/create/change/save an icon...

Sketch can load any icon coming with MorphOS.
    f.e. its own SYS:Applications/Sketch/Sketch.info icon file.

Sketch can also load any MorphOS' default icon.
    f.e. ENVARC:sys/def_drawer.info

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you want to delete an icon under normal circumstances?

My point was: if I use the Information window to toggle the R_ead bit of Work:my.avi, I do not want it adds a never-wanted Work:my.avi.info icon file.

[ Edited by Henes 11.11.2012 - 13:58 ]
  • »11.11.12 - 11:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    NewSense,
    Quote:

What a mess to have to load an external program to 'fudge' an icon into being, instead of having a dedicated utility within the framework of an OS to be able to modify easily an icon that you want to be able to utilise for other purposes, rather than maybe have to totally design your own, and ensure you create it in the correct format/size.

Since we have moved upwards from "standard" 4 color icons (which still work on MorphOS btw), the expectations people have for the look of icons has risen considerably, thus more complex image / icon editor needed: Sketch.

As for "right size", there never was one. Well, I guess width and height both have to be at least 1, and perhaps max size is int_max or whatever :-)

But hey, at least we've (mostly) got rid of issues of operating system running on displays with different pixel ratios (icons designed for hires laced on hires screen, ugh...)
    Quote:

Why would you want to delete an icon under normal circumstances?

As we were discussing file info window (which you said should add icon automatically)

Compared to "old Amiga times" (3.1 without any external patches), various filetypes are now automatically opened in correct programs when double clicked.

Now if I created an icon to one such file I'd:
    1)End up with a directory with some "data" files having icons and the rest not. Can be confusing.
    2)Lose "icon preview" for image / video file.
    3)End up having totally non-uniform look for the icon (compared to other similar files) if I ever changed the default icon.
    4)"Lock" the current double click default action (so it would behave different from similar iconless files when double clicked)

As for "show all", try lamiga-keypad 8. Can be changed from the prefs, as said earlier.
  • »11.11.12 - 23:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Andreas_Wolf,
    Quote:

There are umpteen image editors that run on MorphOS. Sketch is just the one that comes with the OS, so you don't "have to load an external program".

OK point taken, so I can just amend any PNG file in Sketch and save that image and use it as a PNG icon. So, will the system adjust the size to that of a standard PNG ICON size?
  • »12.11.12 - 01:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Krashan,
    Quote:

Are you sure the icon for the edited file really existed? If no, it is obvious that any changes cannot be saved.

That seems to have been the case, and I have since saved it with a PNG icon, and it remembers the changes now, so that's a bit more understood. :-)

Quote:

or just copy another icon that you wanted it to inherit with the copy command via the CLI/Shell

I suppose I could do that, but at least I have a couple of options now, I just couldn't figure it out properly, and didn't want to mess things up more than just going at it by trial and error :-)

Quote:

No. Just make sure the drawer you are snapshotting has a real icon. Shapshot settings are stored in icon, the same as in AmigaOS 3.9.

Noted

Quote:

There are cycle gadgets in each ambient window for fast switching between icon/list view and between showing all files or icons only. It can be also snapshotted for any drawer having an icon + it can be set globally for non-snapshotted window.

I got another option from another helpful user boot_wb (THANKS) who let me know there are Ambient Settings for customising the keyboard so you can setup showing ALL files with just a keypress, so I have now adjusted my show ALL files to Right Command '=', and toggle list or icon view to Right Command '-' which is similar to how I have it on my Amiga on WB 3.9.

I just need to find a keypress combination to allow me to snapshot all the files in a window once I have got them all shown.

So I don't need to keep doing it, or as I have set the default view to 'thumbnails' will that show ALL files INCLUDING Thumbnails in every folder with or without an ICON, or will it only show ALL the files in folders if they have got an ICON?

By the way, thanks to all of you who have replied to my messages, as most of them have been really helpful, and I'd really like to learn more about the finer details of MorphOS, as there is obviously more to it than I had realised so far, but more than likely wouldn't have realised, unless I was shown by other better informed users, once again THANKS :-)
  • »12.11.12 - 02:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Krashan,
    Quote:

Configuring shortcuts for switching lister modes. From the screen menu: Settings->Ambient. Then "Keyboard" page. Group "Builtin command hotkeys" contains items:
    • Cycle Mode, this is a hotkey for switching between list and icons.
    • Cycle Submode, this switches between icons only, all files and thumbnails.

Yes I wondered what Cycle Mode actually stood for - maybe it should also indicate what it actually cycles (ICON/LIST view), and the same for Submode ! It's all OK when you are told what it is there to do, but until it is explained you just look at in wonder, and think, GULP, what mess will this cause if I change it !!
  • »12.11.12 - 02:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    boot_wb,
    Quote:

There is:

Right clink on desktop
    Settings>Ambient
    Windows>View behaviour

Now we're cooking, but where's the keypress that allows me to snapshot ALL windows with the view I want as a default view, or once that specific setting is set will it allow this for all the folders/directories that have ICONs, or even ones without ICONs or is that the limiting factor? :-)

I could thank you for a lot more of what you have said in your explanation of the OS but suffice to say ... Thanks for everything so far, you've been a big help.
  • »12.11.12 - 02:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Henes,
    Quote:

My point was: if I use the Information window to toggle the R_ead bit of Work:my.avi, I do not want it adds a never-wanted Work:my.avi.info icon file.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you've said, maybe you mean that by changing the 'R' (read) protection bit it will save the default icon as a REAL ICON and you wouldn't want that, is that what you mean?
  • »12.11.12 - 02:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Jupp3,
    Quote:

Since we have moved upwards from "standard" 4 color icons (which still work on MorphOS btw), the expectations people have for the look of icons has risen considerably, thus more complex image / icon editor needed: Sketch.

I was referring to GLOWICONS really, as I was transferring my current system knowledge from WB3.9, but I must say that PNG icons look nice for a main image, but I miss the alternate image view that the original Amiga Icons had when you clicked on them, and gave a look of movement/change, which is a shame is not supported with PNG Icons, as far as I am aware.
  • »12.11.12 - 02:35
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    @NewSense

Ambient supports DualPNG feature from AROS. Draw two images and join images to one file using Join command. I cant remember if DualPNG is enabled by default but you find it from Ambient settings.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »12.11.12 - 06:31
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Quote:

OK, that works, but what a laborious method of being able to do that.

I guess changing the icon image with drag&drop is less laborous than launching an icon editor and loading image into it.

You can also click the icon image in the icon information window and you get a filerequester where you can select any .info file or any image file to be used. For example you can select image in any format (jpg, gif, iff...) and it will be converted to png icon when you click save.

But I also think that there could be an option to create new .info from the default image too. Maybe RMB click over image would be a good place to give that option. There could be option to edit image too (in dopus style)...
  • »12.11.12 - 07:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

I was referring to GLOWICONS really, as I was transferring my current system knowledge from WB3.9, but I must say that PNG icons look nice for a main image, but I miss the alternate image view that the original Amiga Icons had when you clicked on them, and gave a look of movement/change, which is a shame is not supported with PNG Icons, as far as I am aware.

I guess you'd love Ken's Icons then :) They're Dual PNG icons in Glowicons style... you click them and you get the glow. Enable "Two state PNG icons" in Ambient Settings -> Icon Display -> Extra Features.

Here's Aminet readme for those http://aminet.net/package/pix/picon/kens_icons_v4
    And here's more of them http://www.five-star.com/icons.htm (grab for example Download/disks.lha for some nice MorphOS related drive icons).
  • »12.11.12 - 07:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    NewSense,
    Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you've said, maybe you mean that by changing the 'R' (read) protection bit it will save the default icon as a REAL ICON and you wouldn't want that, is that what you mean?

Yes. It would save a copy of the default icon as a new real icon while you only wanted to change a protection bit.
  • »12.11.12 - 08:14
    Profile Visit Website