Posts: 1107 from 2003/6/11
download link has been broken, fixed now.
A new version is released
, "dirty preview" now can be named "early beta". What's changed?
- lua.library has got internal 'package' module. It can load Lua modules as well as binary modules. Standard Lua port has no support for dynamically loaded binary modules, as this feature is available for unixlike systems (via *.so) and Windows (via *.dll). I've implemented a MorphOS specific dynamic loader, which uses MorphOS shared libraries for binary modules. An example source code for a binary Lua module will be available soon.
- lua.library API has been extended with some helper functions useful in binary modules, related to argument checking and error reporting. These functions come from 'lauxlib.c' in the Lua source.
- as the first binary module, 'string' standard module has been released. It is usually built-in in a typical Lua port. I've decided to implement all standard Lua modules as dynamically loaded ones. The 'string' module contains a set of useful functions for string manipulation, parsing, formatting etc.
- Autodocs for lua.library and string.module. Not 100% complete, but started anyway
- A slightly improved Lua Explorador, it shows the string length in variable view lists. When showing string contents, LuaExplorador replaces non-printable characters with dots and shortens automatically strings longer than 64 characters, to not clutter the list display.
HOW TO INSTALL
- Copy the contents of Libs/ to Libs: (so the string.module resides in Libs:Lua/).
- Copy autodocs where you want.
- Copy Lua Explorador directory where you want.
NOTE: The 'string' module is not autoloaded at the start of interpreter. You have to use "require 'string'" at the start of your script to use the module functions.
[ Edited by Krashan on 2010/12/14 15:16 ]