Mounting MorphOS HDD through USB docking station
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Besides my Pegasos II I have recently purchased a Mac Mini also, along with an IDE/SATA capable HDD docking station.

I have 3 IDE hard drives, with a capacity of 80, 120 and 500 gb respectively, each working in my Pegasos II, using FFS/SFS partitions.

Now, on my Mac Mini, using the dockig station I can only mount the 120 gb drive, but this HDD mounts with all partitions absolutely hassle free, without any interaction.

The other two says "SCSI_READ_CAPACITY failed: 45". Is there any way to mount them? (I've read somewhere that block size may be a cause to this, and indeed the 500 gb HDD is formatted with block sizes larger than the default - but this may be irrevelant.)
  • »20.04.10 - 23:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I dont know the answer for the HHD capasity issues, but just a comment related to the topic title.
    I just have got a Mac Mini myself, and after some forum reading I discovered that apearently the Mac Mini G4 is not able to boot from USB. If you want to be able to boot from your MorphOS external HDD, you probably must find a way to connect it by firewire. At least that is what they state in the mac forums, that the mini ppc only can boot from firewire.
  • »15.05.10 - 10:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    So many people have said that booting from USB is impossible, including myself :). In fact it IS possible. USB device needs to have a MAC bootblock and a HFS partition. There were some guides on Morphzone. It works here, boot.img is loaded but MorphOS cannot continue booting for some reason. I guess that I should try some other USB drives :).

[ Edited by Korni on 2010/5/15 12:38 ]
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »15.05.10 - 10:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Golem
    @amyren

Have a look here. Firewire works for OSX, not for MorphOS.
  • »15.05.10 - 14:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hawk
    But can Mac OS X read HDs with an Amiga partition scheme? I'm trying to read my Pegasos II HD from Mac, but Mac's Disk Utility says it has 0 partitions :(
    The disk actually contains an SFS partition and several ext3 partitions... I would like to read those Linux partitions from Mac....
    Any idea?
    Pegasos II G3@600Mhz (no fan) 512MB RAM (1 slot)
    -- Maxtor 6Y120P0 120GB, 7200 rpm -- ATI Radeon 7500 - (64MB, TV-out)
    -- Minuet Slimline PC case -- MorphOS 1.4.5 + Gentoo
    EFIKA
  • »19.06.10 - 02:01
    Profile Visit Website