PyMUI glorious thread
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    Documentation started!

First reference page:
    http://www.yomgui.fr/yiki/doku.php/en:dev:pymui:docs:ctypes#concepts_and_purpose

This page relates on PyMUI v0.3 not released, but I want to discuss about design first.

Read and criticize.
    Almost complete, just few types needs doc.
    Let me know also for bad english and spelling mistakes (I've too headaches now to check myself :-().

Also tutorial (should work with PyMUI v0.2):
    http://www.yomgui.fr/yiki/doku.php/en:dev:pymui:docs:tutorial

[ Edited by Yomgui on 2010/1/11 14:51 ]
    And now... next project!
  • »11.01.10 - 13:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Very good looking! Thankyou for all your efforts Guillaume! And congratulations for your son!
  • »11.01.10 - 13:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    no comments... so it's perfect, isn't?

Ok, time for another methods...

As you known I'm quite busy with my current projects to start new ones.
    So I'm searching for someone who want a true project, that can really help me and that can give a good start point for amazing tools.

I need someone to develop a Python module to wrap OpenGL with PyMUI:
    - it'll be designed to be usable with TinyGL (so not a port of existing and nux dedicated stuff).
    - this person shall have some knownledges in OpenGL and in C programming. I can give the full support for Python and PyMUI.

If someone want to manage this he should understand that I need to see motivation, this project is serious!

Thanks!
    And now... next project!
  • »13.01.10 - 13:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Beamish2040
    I haven't read the whole page yet but you might want to change these two paragraphs a little.
    Quote:

The core API of PyMUI uses these types when it need to gives a Python object to MUI, so the user should be ready to play with instances of these classes in almost PyMUI interfaces.

This could be sometime weird at the first look when, for example, you wait for an integer value from a MUI attribute and you get a c_ULONG instance object: it's not directly a plain integer Python object as you might be thing when you start to use PyMUI. You need first to convert this object into this plain integer object (could be a long or int) to use it as it.

Here is my suggestion:
    Note: I tried to bold the changes I made.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The core API of PyMUI uses these types when it needs to give a Python object to MUI, so the user should be ready to play with instances of these classes in almost all PyMUI interfaces.

At first glance this can look weird, for example, you wait for an integer value from a MUI attribute and you get a c_ULONG instance object: it's not directly a plain integer Python object as you might have thought when you first start using PyMUI. You need to first convert this object into a plain integer object (could be a long or int) to use it as is.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I let you know about anything else I see.
  • »13.01.10 - 15:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @Beamish2040:

Thanks, text is modified.
    And now... next project!
  • »14.01.10 - 09:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    I've just released PyMUI v0.3.
    For thus who want examples, take sources (r161) archives, test directory: cool non-regressions tests and usefull to understand PyMUI until I finish to write a true documentation.

I've also take the opportunity to release new python 2.5.4 and 3.1.1 archives with an important bugfixe: big memory wastes removed.

Check my wiki as usual, on Python and PyMUI pages:
    http://www.yomgui.fr/yiki/doku.php/en:dev:start

've nice dev ;-)
    Guillaume
    And now... next project!
  • »18.01.10 - 23:42
    Profile Visit Website