Stratagus problem
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    There's stability problem of MorphOS port of Stratagus... at least here. Game sometimes will freeze all OS (only hard reset helps). Most usually after passing one mission while playing next. Is that problem on my (cursed or what?) config, or it can be confirmed by others?
  • »24.08.09 - 23:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    With Stratagus i have no problems at all, runs real stable.
    Maybe ur datafiles are corrupt?
  • »25.08.09 - 07:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    I had two "problems" :

- One big slow down on a mission (never get it anymore).
    - After playing, Ambient memory SBar go up to 1,4 GB (while I only have 1 GB). Strange...
    Obligement - L'Amiga au maximum
    http://obligement.free.fr
  • »25.08.09 - 08:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > One big slow down on a mission

Same here. It's during Orc Campaign, Act II, first mission, shortly before the timer reaches 10,000. I couldn't overcome it.

And another problem here:
    I cannot successfully finish Human Campaign, Act II, first mission. Despite me accomplishing all mission objectives the level wouldn't end.
  • »25.08.09 - 20:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

And another problem here:
    I cannot successfully finish Human Campaign, Act II, first mission. Despite me accomplishing all mission objectives the level wouldn't end.

Well i noticed that fullfilling the mission objectives wasnt enough, i had to kill every enemy to finish the mission, including orc flying machines.
  • »25.08.09 - 21:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Well i noticed that fullfilling the mission objectives wasnt enough,
    > i had to kill every enemy to finish the mission, including orc
    > flying machines.

That idea I had as well but somehow it didn't work out for me. Probably I missed something.
  • »25.08.09 - 22:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Well i noticed that fullfilling the mission objectives wasnt enough,
    > i had to kill every enemy to finish the mission, including orc
    > flying machines.

That idea I had as well but somehow it didn't work out for me. Probably I missed something.

Yeah, sometimes the enemy units are hard to find. maybe u missed one
  • »26.08.09 - 07:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    Maybe... but everything's going ok, except random suspends...

...or not everything. I found that first spell from spell user units (e.g. paladins and mages) is not available. So there's no "Holy Vision" or "Fireball", only other spells.
  • »28.08.09 - 15:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Ok, i finished the human campain without trouble but i can say, i have these slowdowns too playing as orc.
  • »08.09.09 - 16:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am having a problem installing Warcraft II/Stratagus v2.2.4 from the original Warcraft 2 (DOS) CD

I start 'execute' (Cmd+E) and input the path to build.sh

Initially it didn't find the "contrib" folder, so I assigned it, hoping this would solve the problems, but it passed that point, but no it didn't solve the whole installation as now I get errors/installation quits/exits from CLI or via running execute, it makes no difference:

System:MorphOS/C> system:Games/Stratagus-2.2.4/build.sh -p cd0:

cp: cannot stat `scripts': No such file or directory
    find: data.wc2/scripts: No such file or directory
    find: data.wc2/scripts: No such file or directory
    system:Games/Stratagus-2.2.4/build.sh[99]: ./wartool: not found

The 'scripts' directory is in the unpacked Stratagus-2.2.4 directory in its own folder named scripts - so why this error??
    I created a data.wc2 directory and put a directory inside that directory named 'scripts' thinking that would help - but no it doesn't. The wartool is in the Stratagus-2.2.4 root directory as it should be as far as I am aware - that's how it all was unpacked.

Anyone give me a clue where I'm going wrong, or does this version not install with the current 3.10 SDK?

EDIT - UPDATE

I found out, eventually after various failed attempts, that the BattleNet edition of Stratagus is NOT supported (though it's written as "... now work ... " in the ReadMe) with Stratagus v2.2.4.

Anyway, I acquired a copy of the UK/Australian DOS CD of the game, but when I eventually worked out that the build.sh script has to be run from Shell, after 'CD'-ing to the directory where the unarchived Stratagus files are and issuing the "build.sh -p cd0:" request in the Shell so that the CD is then correctly accessed and the files are converted into the data.wc2 folder.

However, after I did that - after I run/start the game, I still get a message after the default config file has apparently loaded that is basically the same as John Fante asked, back in 2010 - in the following thread:

Stratagus v2.2.4 - preferences.lua & sounds missing

(I couldn't hot-link to that URL by cut/pasting due to the copy/cut/paste limitations of OWB as the URL text length is too long for it to be allowed in the input string length - which really could do with fixing as well in OWB)

Anyway, JohnFante's question (there is no 'preferences.lua' file, and the sound files do not seem to load at all, so even now does not seem to have been answered fully, so I wondered if anyone could explain if there is a way to fix the files that I have from the CD I own, that still seem to be missing the preferences.lua file, and the sound files that seem to be archived in their folder though they can easily be unarchived, but that does not seem to fix the problem with them being read/unarchived on-the-fly, if that's the way it is supposed to work.

As the MorphOS 'build.sh' conversion of the WarCraft 2 files from CD into the Stratagus v2.2.4 folder is still creating these problems that won't allow the game to run, so if anyone knows how to fix these issues please offer some useful advice, for everyone to use this archive as it was intended.

Note: I have also sent a PM to Kiero to ask him about this issue, as it has never been answered fully/at all, so could do with some clarification if it's possible to resolve this issue with the game file conversion script.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.02.17 - 03:39