I am thinking of selling my G4 pegII + 2.1 license... what p
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    keropi
    I have been away from the MOS scene latelly, and I am considering to sell my pegII...
    only the mobo + g4cpu (ofcourse lol) + 1GB RAM + 2.1 license...
    what is a fair price to sell it?I have payed lots to get this system in the past, but I have no idea how much to sell it. I just want to offer a fair deal. (and don't really expect to get back the amount of money I spent on it...)
    thanks.
    A4000D CS-PPC/G-Rex4000D
    A4000D CS-PPC/Zorro
  • »09.12.08 - 13:25
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    keep it! MorphOS 2.1 is kewl! :-)
  • »09.12.08 - 13:47
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Drako^lM
    Btw MorphOS 2.2 is comming ...

Keep it
    Hardware :
    Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18 & OSX 10.5
    Mini G4 1.5 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18
    BlaBla Team Member -> http://blabla.ppa.pl
    AmiParty Team Member -> http://www.chal.pl/
  • »09.12.08 - 18:27
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    @keropi
    I was thinking the same for mine. But I'm keeping it, so that I could see the updates of MorphOS and run applications for reviews for our Greek magazine "AmigaHellas, the Magazine".

It's a good hardware. I would sell it around 500?. Think about it.
  • »09.12.08 - 21:51
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    keropi
    @walkero:

yeah, it is a cool system BUT if one boots it once every 2 months, then there is no point owning such a system... perhaps someone can enjoy it more than me... I too was thinking the 500eur range... we'lll see
    A4000D CS-PPC/G-Rex4000D
    A4000D CS-PPC/Zorro
  • »09.12.08 - 22:08
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I hope you can get a good price for it, but with many MorphOS users waiting for a release for MacMini and the news that MorphOS runs almost twice as fast as your Peg2 G4 and the fact that those MacMini's can be found for around $300 euros, or less, so getting $500 euros for a Peg2 now might be difficult. But, it might be a year or more before MorphOS is released for the MacMini, if ever, so if someone wants the fastest way to run MorphOS right now, your Peg2 is it.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2008/12/9 15:50 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »09.12.08 - 22:49
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    amigadave:
    How much are $500 euros? :P
  • »10.12.08 - 19:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ironfist wrote:
    amigadave:
    How much are $500 euros? :P

LOL,

I guess it is just habit for me to add a $ in front of any monetary amount.

Where is that euro symbol?

?

There it is!

Hey! it gets changed to a question mark. Must be a font problem, as it shows up in the window to create or edit a post, but not on the forum.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2008/12/10 12:39 ]

[ Edited by amigadave on 2008/12/10 12:41 ]
  • »10.12.08 - 19:31
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I hope you can get a good price for it, but with many MorphOS users waiting for a release for MacMini and the news that MorphOS runs almost twice as fast as your Peg2 G4 and the fact that those MacMini's can be found for around $300 euros, or less, so getting $500 euros for a Peg2 now might be difficult. But, it might be a year or more before MorphOS is released for the MacMini, if ever, so if someone wants the fastest way to run MorphOS right now, your Peg2 is it.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2008/12/9 15:50 ]

Well, the Pegasos has 3 PCI slots for optional expansion of your choice, as well as the ability to run better specced GFX cards with more memory (and S-Video). It also has 1x 100Mbit Ethernet and 1x Gigabit Ethernet connectors, a digital optical audio out connector, serial and parallel connectors, audio in/mic connector, audio (line) out, one more FireWire connector, a MIDI/Joystick (PC) connector, more IDE connectors for more units and of course the Floppy connector! :-D

The Mac Mini may be faster (*not* 2x faster in all occations), but that doesn't make Pegasos 2 G4 slow by any means. It will be a trade-off between expandability and CPU speed, and many people will *not* opt for the higher speed at the expense of expandability. :-)

The Pegasos 2 G4 will continue to be a good catch for many people in the future as well! :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.12.08 - 20:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @keropi,

Do not forget to put the atx backplate with the motherboard, the cpu daughterboard and the memory module. For those who bought the motherboard and the daughterboard standalone the atx backplate was delivered with them. If the atx backplate is missing the purchaser will have to ask for one to genesi or bplan.

And it will not be possible to reuse it with a pc motherboard, it does not match.

Brumiga

[ Edited by Brumiga on 2008/12/10 23:25 ]
  • »10.12.08 - 21:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @takemehomegrandma,

Very good points!

Having never had the opportunity to see a Peg2, I was not aware of it's full specifications and capabilities.

I looked to buy one when I first made the decision to support and use MorphOS, but could only find one for sale in Europe and the price plus the shipping charge just made it too much for me, so I opted to buy a new EFIKA instead. Now that I know what I do about the inability to expand the EFIKA's on board RAM, I probably should have waited a little longer and continued to look for a Peg2 for sale in the US.

After reading all the advantages it has over the MacMini you just wrote, if I still had a decent income I would buy a Peg2 now and sell my EFIKA. But I can't be so foolish with my money anymore. These days I am looking for ways to make a supplemental income with my current disability, how ever and where ever I can.

Maybe there will be something beyond the MacMini that the MorphOS team will port to by Christmas of 2009 and I will have found a way to save the money for a new MorphOS computer by then.
  • »10.12.08 - 21:17
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    keropi
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @keropi,

Do not forget to put the atx backplate with the motherboard, the cpu daughterboard and the memory module. [...]

Brumiga

[ Edited by Brumiga on 2008/12/10 23:25 ]

ofcourse the backplate and the cpu board are included, LOL I thought it was self-implied... RAM is normal DDR ram, but I incude 1GB of it as stated :)
    A4000D CS-PPC/G-Rex4000D
    A4000D CS-PPC/Zorro
  • »11.12.08 - 07:11