anyone in san francisco area want to go to AmiWest?
  • Just looking around
    radam
    I'm thinking of driving to AmiWest and was wondering if there is anyone else in the san francisco area that would be interested in going.

If you're in the bay/silicon valley area and would like to go, PM me.
  • »22.09.08 - 12:19
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

radam wrote:
    I'm thinking of driving to AmiWest and was wondering if there is anyone else in the san francisco area that would be interested in going.

If you're in the bay/silicon valley area and would like to go, PM me.

I don't live in the Bay Area (yet), but I will be at AmiWest with three other A.org members that are driving up from SoCal with me. I would like to meet you while you are there and perhaps another time when I come up to visit my Son in Mountain View, I'll drop by your place or meet you somewhere before I have to leave.

It would be good to know another MOS user at the show and I will be bringing my EFIKA with me to the show.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.09.08 - 07:07
  • Just looking around
    radam
    Cool... Will you be coming through SF on fri or sat? I'm not completely positive as to whether or not I am going to be able to make it to the show, but I'm def trying.

You should contact Targhan about the fact that you're planning on bringing an efika w/ you. He had PM'd me w/ a request to possibly do a little MoS demo, which I would be completely unable to do, seeing as I don't own an Efika or Peg ;)

I am actually completely new to nextgen Amiga and Amigalike computers. The last related machines I used were a C64 and C128. I'm just deciding now between a SAM440 w/ OS 4.1 and an Efika w/ MOS. I'm leaning towards the Efika just because MOS and the community seems a bit more open and interesting to me. I am really hoping to see both machines (and both OS's) in action @ AmiWest!

But yeah, PM me to let me know when you'll be coming through SF and we can grab some coffee or food or whatever. I live right downtown -- financial district.
  • »25.09.08 - 11:48