MorphOS 2.0 USB Problems
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    I installed mos2.0 and it all seemed fine.
    I also have a nec usb2.0 card for the usb2.0 btw.
    I used to use the massstorageclass from the 68k package to get my digital camera and a cardreader going.
    Now it just won't start to work camera is only being recognised under usb2.0 and gives errors unmounts etc.
    The cardreader has the same problem.
    But I can't seem the find where the new massstorage is kept under mos2.0??Is it embedded somewhere?
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »10.07.08 - 07:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Unrelated to your problem but, as you've opened this thread about Poseidon 4 (MorphOS 2.0 USB stack) problems, here is my sittuation, which I've sent to Chris Hodges:

Quote:

Good morning, Chris. I'm a registered Poseidon 3 user who has recently updated to version 4, included in MorphOS 2.0. In my clean install of the operating system, Poseidon refuses to recognize the same USB stick that worked wonderfully in Poseidon 3 in MorphOS 1.4.5, and also in my work's PC.
    Upon inserting it, nothing happens, the stick's led does not blink at all, and all I can see in Trident's debug output is this:

SET_ADDRESS failed: response timeout (6)
    Device enumeration failed, sorry.

If I restart all classes, two pop up windows come up immediately, about the device being connected (and bound to "massstorage.class"), and disconnected, and perhaps not in that order. But no device is mounted.
    The most intriguing thing is that I also have a memory card reader, which does work. There is no additional hub, aside the one provided by the Pegasos 1 (April 2) mainboard.
    I've red somewhere that you are looking into this, and expect you can come up with the reason and solution to this problem. I hope you are not so tired about all this USB thing!
  • »10.07.08 - 08:39
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Here (MOS2.0 clean install), external hd isn't automounted anymore (I can mount it with Mounter though), usb stick loops going online/offline and usb pads aren't recognized anymore nor can be forced to hid class.
    The mouse works quite well ;-)

I sent a bug report from USB prefs panel

PS: There's an external 4way hub, but the problems persist even with direct connection

[ Edited by Mi-Go on 2008/7/17 12:36 ]
  • »17.07.08 - 14:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I have also problems with USB on MorphOS 2.0 though. I inserted my USB stick (which works perfectly with 1.4.5) but on 2.0 nothing happens!
  • »17.07.08 - 14:42
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    Quote:

Phantom wrote:
    I have also problems with USB on MorphOS 2.0 though. I inserted my USB stick (which works perfectly with 1.4.5) but on 2.0 nothing happens!

Same here :cry:

X
  • »17.07.08 - 15:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    I recommend a PCI usb 2 card. Thats what i've used with m2. I havent tried the onboard. I've been able to use my corsair 1gb stick OK and another 256muvo nomad mp3. My new 512mb mp3 doesnt read though.
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »17.07.08 - 16:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    I tried the onboard USB, the two rear connector and the front, and they work without problem.
    I mounted a pci USB card, a D-Link 4+1 ports, and it goes very well!
    So with 7 USB port (I'm thinking about to connect the second port in the front panel...:-))
    I cannot complain myself: all is working here, even when I connet external HD, camera, printer, mouse, joypad and stick.
    Poseidon recognise all of them.
    Fortunately, nothing exploded...... :-)

P.S: Welcome back Pahantom! I noticed you change your signature... ;-)
    Really happy!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »17.07.08 - 18:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    for Peg1 users with a USB pci card : if you experience slowness, freezes, and other bad behaviour in MOS 2.0, just remove your usb card from the peg. Then the system gets stable and fast again. Some other peg1 users confirmed it (with VIA cards)
    I tried a Nec USB2 card a few daus ago but the peg1 wouldn't even boot with it.

The USB driver in MOS 2.0 sucks IMHO. I'm waiting for an update.
  • »17.07.08 - 22:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Did somebody here get any kind of response from Chris Hodges?
  • »18.07.08 - 09:01
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    @ magnetic

What USB PCI card do you recommend then? 2.0 or 1.1? I know that Pegasos has 1.1 USB standard and not 2.0, is that right?

So, any USB PCI card will do or not?
  • »18.07.08 - 14:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    phantom: i have a 2.0 one with via chipset. it hasnt work with 1.4.5 at all, and everyone recommended a card with nec chipset, but with 2.0 it worked without any thouches. i even forgot that the card is plugged in, then i discovered the 4 port at the back of my peg, plugged several usb stuff into there and voila, usb at highspeed (4mb/s from memcard to usbstick:)

unforunately i dont know the brand of the card, but in theory any 2.0 card should work (via or nec, dunno if others are supported.)
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »18.07.08 - 15:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    keropi
    I still have probs... although I deleted poseidon.prefs from ENVARC, the onboard USB ports still do not work, they won't even power my USB stick...
    I also have an ALi USB2 card, plugging the stick on it's ports does get it recognised BUT there is no icon for it ...
    On 1.4.5 with the latest PSD update the same stuff worked happily together... :-?
    A4000D CS-PPC/G-Rex4000D
    A4000D CS-PPC/Zorro
  • »21.07.08 - 07:58
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    I'm having the same problem with a USB memory stick that worked fine in 1.4.5, although oddly a bog standard USB mouse that I had which didn't work on 1.4.5 works great on 2.0.

has anyone got a memory key to work?
  • »21.07.08 - 21:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    pardon me for intruding, I'd just like to check that Poseidon V4.1 is the lastest version available for MOS.

at least for MOS1.4 (which is what I am using).

I'm not even sure if MOS2 will work on my peg.

right now I have Poseidon lib 3.4 and i want to know if I could use the 4.1 version
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »23.07.08 - 00:50
    Profile Visit Website