MorphOS counter.
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Someone of teh MorphOS-team said once that they may communictse when they reach a milestone registering number. I'd say 500 could be a milestone..
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »10.02.09 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    I've just paid for my keyfile and the invoice id was 491.
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »11.02.09 - 14:30
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Nitro
    493 on my Efika
  • »20.03.09 - 20:43
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    Invoice ID for my second keyfile is 508.
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »20.03.09 - 22:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Ruud wrote:
    Invoice ID for my second keyfile is 508.

With over 500 licensed users, I would think that these forums would be more active. I guess MorphOS users are smarter and have better things to do with their time. LOL
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.03.09 - 23:45
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Someone of teh MorphOS-team said once that they may communictse when they reach a milestone registering number. I'd say 500 could be a milestone..

heh.. maybe they're waiting until it goes over 1000! 8-)
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »22.03.09 - 22:32
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    In an attempt to jinx the release for Mac-Mini my newly registered Efika MorphOS number is 538.

Thanks to AusPPC for the Efika! I really need to 'borrow' your avatar...
  • »28.06.09 - 22:51
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    manga
    Mine was 533 on june 11th. 4 other registrations in 2 weeks, 2 per week :) sounds still alive and could reach the 1000 mark easy in 219 weeks. 4 years. :)
    Powermac MDD 1,25GHz Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB, 1,5gb, Terratec Aureon Space, USB2.0 NEC, MorphOS 2.6 regged, Powermac MDD Dual1.42, Radeon X800XT PE 256MB waiting for r300 support, Mac Mini 1.5GHz MorphOS 2.6 Regged, Efika Radeon 9250 128MB Morphos 2.6
  • »29.06.09 - 15:04
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Get27
    up... how many these days ?
    PowerMac 3.5, G4 1.0GHz DP, 1GB ram, 80GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9600 128MB Mac, 1680x1050
    PowerMac 7.3, G5 2.3GHz DP, 4GB ram, 160GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9800 128MB PC, 1680x1050
    Amiga 500+, Vampire 500v2+, HxC Floppy
  • »10.08.09 - 21:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Well, I was number 147 on July 3, 2008...but I guess I am one of the earlier birds...or butterflys!! I got the special price of 111.11 Euro.

But add one to the total once the Mac Mini version comes out..as I will have to buy another license I guess. I hope I can get the discounted price still since I was an early adopter? But I doubt it. :(

[ Edited by HammerD on 2009/8/10 20:06 ]
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »11.08.09 - 01:04
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    I realise that a growing number of sales will now be from "repeat customers", but it would be nice to get an update on this from the last few days.

Would anybody care to update us with the latest invoice numbers?
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »14.10.09 - 00:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Wow, I just did the conversion to US$ and I about hit the floor!!! Its 222.7833 for me. I'll have to save up for some extra cash. I wont be able to just blow that right now. The new house comes first.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »14.10.09 - 00:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    On July th 2nd in 2008 I had #84 whe I registered my Efika. Today, when I registered my Mac mini I got #636.
    --

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
  • »22.10.09 - 12:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Madlax
    Hi! I registered today and received 616
  • »23.10.09 - 00:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I haven't had a chance to install my just received MacMini keyfile, but if we only have about ~ 650 licenses and most of us have more than one registered MOS computer, that means that the number of registered users is only actually about half the number of registered licenses.

Much too small a community for such a fine OS! We all need to do a better job at promoting MOS and also get more developers into our small community to create more and better applications and games.

Edit: Registered and Keyfile installed, WooHoooooooo! I really like this MorphOS2.4 on my 1.5GHz G4 MacMini. I am typing this into OWB right now and looking at my 24bit 1920x1080 screen on a 23" widescreen Acer LCD that I recently bought cheap from Buy.com for my Son to use on his PC for his games (Guild Wars Addict). I have a feeling that I am going to be spending a lot more time using MorphOS now that it runs so fast on the (ex) Mac machine. I had tried to set up a dual boot install, but now I think I am just going to dump MacOSX on this Mini and only use MacOSX from my MacBook and my other x86 MacMini (until I can get OSX working on my Quad Core, 3.0GHz Dell XPS tower).

Now it is time to download and install just about every MorphOS native application and game I can find.

Thanks again MorphOS Dev Team for such a great OS and for porting it to inexpensive and widely available hardware. I can't wait for it to be ported to the G4 PowerBook and iBook models. My G4 Titanium PowerBook will then get the repairs it needs, and/or I will confiscate Mom's G4 iBook and get her a newer model. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now we (or at least I) may not need any OSX, or Windows OSes installed on my computers? And just maybe enough progress will be made and enough new developers will join the MorphOS crowd to gain us some respect in the wide World of computing?

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/22 22:26 ]
  • »23.10.09 - 03:19
    Simon
    You can buy a house for 222$ these days in the USA ? ;-)

ANyhow ... I sold my Efika with license a while ago to someone in the UK, so soon I will buy a Mini and a license again

[ Edited by Oepabakkes on 2009/10/23 8:02 ]
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »23.10.09 - 06:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Oepabakkes wrote:
    You can buy a house for 222$ these days in the USA ? ;-)

Ouch! That hurts, so it must be true. :lol:

I have forgotten how to find the number of my registration, can someone remind me? I looked at my Paypal receipt and did not see anything there. Nothing in the email that the keyfile came attached to either. Not that I really care, but I am curious to see what the number is up to now and I also wonder if we will see an increase of registrations, now that MOS is available on some commonly available that many people already have, but may no longer use. If only we can get some old Amiga users to come back to the community AND also get some new people (the geeky ones) interested in our alternative OS.
  • »23.10.09 - 07:04
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I haven't had a chance to install my just received MacMini keyfile, but if we only have about ~ 650 licenses and most of us have more than one registered MOS computer, that means that the number of registered users is only actually about half the number of registered licenses.

1. I would certainly *not* make the assumption that "most of us have more than one registered MorphOS computer". I have only one registered copy of MorphOS, but I have 4 MorphOS compatible computers. I bought that license during the discount period, and even then I thought the price was kind of steep to be honest. From the debate that went on at that time, I know I am not alone in thinking this.

2. Because of the rather high price, I think quite a few people are still using MorphOS 1.4.x. Those are not included in that count.

3. There are no MorphOS 2 for Amiga PowerUP, but there are still MorphOS (1.4.x) users on that platform as well, and they are not included in that count.

I would *guess* that the MorphOS (1.4.x and 2.x) userbase is somewhere between 700-800 people, and the amount of MorphOS installations at those people to be slightly higher than that.

Quote:

Much too small a community for such a fine OS!

Agreed! :-)

And I actually think that it's the price tag that's scaring most people away. At half the license price, I think they would get 3x-4x the registrations.

However, on a total system cost comparison, the Mac Mini + MorphOS should still be a lot cheaper than the competing alternative, which is the Sam+OS4 and Pegasos2+OS4. And when it comes to the Mini vs Peg2 - about 2x more powerful (and the Mini vs Sam, it's a complete whack-a-mole)! :-)

Quote:

We all need to do a better job at promoting MOS and also get more developers into our small community to create more and better applications and games.

Yes I agree. Maybe the MorphOS team should put a catchy banner ad at AmigaWorld.net and Amiga.org? :-) But besides such things, I think the happy users are the best promoters! But not if they stay silent, of course. So people - get out, and get vocal about MorphOS strengths and benefits! And make tests, do comparisons, write articles, put videos on youtube, so we all can use this as promotional material.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.10.09 - 07:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

I have forgotten how to find the number of my registration, can someone remind me?

It is in the link ptovided in the 2nd mail from the morphos-team. The mail that directs you to the payment thing. The url of that has a number.
    --

• »23.10.09 - 09:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    My number shows 598 but I havent registered yet. I still cant bring myself to shell out that kind of money for it just yet.

[ Edited by Acill on 2009/10/23 8:55 ]
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »23.10.09 - 16:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Have to wait for the US economy to pick up....and pray they don't move the oil standard to Euro!!

The Euro is killing the USD...getting up to UKP performance levels these days.
  • »23.10.09 - 17:22
    Simon
    You will have MorphOS 4.2 by then... well let's hope not for all you people overthere. 225?... that's 50% more. ouch.

I don't know why people have to pay 150? outside the EU. When I sell something at work outside the EU, I don't have to count the VAT... well in Belgium that is. Maybe it's another story whatever country the MorphOSteam is selling from.

You still would have to pay +/- 130? I think ... Not sure that those 30 Dollars or so is going to make much of difference.
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »23.10.09 - 18:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

The Euro is killing the USD

No, the previous US administration did.

The Euro is merely picking up the pieces that's falling down on it... ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.10.09 - 18:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Oepabakkes wrote:
    You will have MorphOS 4.2 by then... well let's hope not for all you people overthere. 225?... that's 50% more. ouch.

I don't know why people have to pay 150? outside the EU. When I sell something at work outside the EU, I don't have to count the VAT... well in Belgium that is. Maybe it's another story whatever country the MorphOSteam is selling from.

You still would have to pay +/- 130? I think ... Not sure that those 30 Dollars or so is going to make much of difference.

The question of the MOS Dev Team being able to delete the VAT when they sell outside of the EU came up at the AmiWest 2009 Show in Sacramento, CA, USA and I did not know how to answer it. I'm guessing that because the system to accept payments is set up to be automated as much as possible, the team just hasn't taken the time or effort to set up the removal of the VAT for buyers outside the EU where the tax does not apply. I am surprised that it has not been asked before now.

I probably should not be bringing up this question, as I did receive a discounted price because of my efforts to display and present MorphOS2.4 running on a G4 MacMini at the AmiWest 2009 Show last weekend (and I appreciate that discount and the team very much), but it is a fair question for anyone that lives in an area where the VAT should not apply.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/23 12:29 ]
  • »23.10.09 - 20:27
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Lucky you Dave. When Steve (JKD) and I went to Amiwest to show off the Pegasos 2 and MOS 1.4 it cost us money, great deal for the MOS team and Genese. I know for a fact that us being there sold no less then 6 boards. And to make it even better on us we got shoved in the back away from everything, didnt get our demos scheduled like we should have, and didnt even get one single banner for our stands! AWESOME!!!

One reason I still dont like to go to that show now.

[ Edited by Acill on 2009/10/23 13:08 ]
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »23.10.09 - 21:05
    Profile Visit Website