last night I had a dream...
Topic is Locked
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    I dreamt that I got MorphOS 2.0, not only that, it was free in my dream. I hope part of that dream comes true one day...
  • »08.01.08 - 02:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    well mos2 is free as long as you dont get it
  • »08.01.08 - 04:15
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    I had a dream too.

I was surrounded by beautiful women and I was dating 3 of them. Also, I was a multi-millionaire. Boy, it was the best dream ever. But the alarm clock went off and that was the end of that. :-(

I too hope part of my dream comes true one day. :-)

MorphOS 2.0 will be out this year. No doubt about it. It'll cost money. Price, somewhere between 49 to 100 Euros ? I guess they'll reveal this information near the release.

[ Edited by Omen on 2008/1/8 9:02 ]
  • »08.01.08 - 06:08
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    wali7
    That was the nice dream, slurp... ;)
  • »08.01.08 - 09:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    @ Omen

Hey, seems you dreamt you would have lived my life ;-)
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »08.01.08 - 09:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I dreamt that I killed Bill McEwen... or it's just reality? :-) :-)
  • »08.01.08 - 13:18
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

I dreamt that I killed Bill McEwen... or it's just reality? :-) :-)

Even though it is not my intention to add fuel to the general perception that Germans have no sense of humor, I find your statement crosses the line. We should try to be more civil than to make jokes about the death of anybody.
  • »08.01.08 - 19:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    I dreamt that McEwan is a cartoon character and that I drew an even dumber looking beard and glasses on him.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »08.01.08 - 20:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Removed personal attack

Watch it now

[ Edited by hooligan on 2008/1/9 17:39 ]
  • »08.01.08 - 22:37
  • Just looking around
    accolade
    Yeah, Germany - Where the Olympic Games were born :lol:

But those Germans have a really serious problem apart their missing sense of humour! They unfortunately can't read...

scnr :-D
  • »08.01.08 - 22:55
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    @ Phantom

JoBBo is right. You're crossing the line with your killing joke. Joking about killing is not funny. Someone may even take you seriously and go do it - yes there are crazy people in the world.

Bill & his corporate company are after profits / money. All corporate companies are like this. Microsoft makes & sells Windows for money. MacOS X is made & sold for money. They all want to make a profit.

Bill wants to control the hardware, so no other OS can be made for it, and the software too. He wants Total Control and no competition. Just like Macintosh with their G3s, G4s, MacIntel hardware, etc. They could port AmigaOS onto Efikas, Pegasos, or X86 but won't because they want users to buy Amiga hardware to run Amiga software. This seems to work for Macintosh but I don't think Amiga can pull it off.

AmigaOS may even disappear one day because of MorphOS & AROS taking away their userbase. So, if Bill wants to destory Amiga, then let him, at least we'll all have MorphOS to keep us happy.
  • »08.01.08 - 23:06
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Germans have no sense of humor

Ok, that explains everything now. ;-)

I had another dream. Maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Bill Ewing talking to himself:
    "How can I get people to start using AmigaOS again? Hang on, I'm getting a brain storm. I'll convince MorphOS developers to charge 99 Euros so users won't be enticed by 'free' OS anymore. Then I'll tell everybody that AmigaOS 5 will be better than MacOS X + Windows Vista too. And I'll promise to release it in 1 to 2 years time. I can't believe it but I'm a freaking Genuis! Oh yes I am! I've managed to fool everybody and have them play right into my hands. Amiga will dominate the world once again!"

Hmm, you know what? I thought this was a dream but it seems all too real now that I think about it. :-D
  • »08.01.08 - 23:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Quote:

JoBBo is right. You're crossing the line with your killing joke.

LOL... killing joke? :-P

Quote:

Joking about killing is not funny. Someone may even take you seriously and go do it - yes there are crazy people in the world.

I must contact Bin Laden again...

Quote:

They could port AmigaOS onto Efikas, Pegasos, or X86 but won't because they want users to buy Amiga hardware to run Amiga software.

Where is this hardware you say?

Quote:

AmigaOS may even disappear one day because of MorphOS & AROS taking away their userbase. So, if Bill wants to destory Amiga, then let him, at least we'll all have MorphOS to keep us happy.

I can't let this di**head destroy Amiga. Who he thinks he is? And why he isn't selling Amiga Inc. to DiscreetFX then? He is stealing money from the projects, that's all. He is doing ABSOLUTELY nothing for Amiga. Even Bill Gates is doing something to watch about. Hah!

Anyway, as the topic said, it was just a dream! :-)
  • »09.01.08 - 00:59
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Quote:

I must contact Bin Laden again...

I've already contacted him and he will be sending his followers to have a talk with you. Be ready for it. :-)

Quote:

Where is this hardware you say?

1) SAM440EP ( unofficial ) - available
    2) ACK Systems ( Amiga Partner ) - Edit: Deal fell apart? Not going to happen?

Read this first to get a little background info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Amiga#New_Amigas

http://www.acube-systems.biz/eng/hardware.php

The Sam440ep is out but it seems pricey to me for what you get. This won't sell except with die hards. I believe it works with AmigaOS but not sure because they don't seem to say.

ACK ( official Amiga partner ) is in an agreement with Amiga to make hardware for them. Both systems look pretty good but unless MorphOS gets ported to them, you'll only be able to run AmigaOS ( and Linux ) on them.

Entry Level ( $489 ): http://www.amiga.com/news/index.php?art=27
    Power Level ( $1489 ): http://www.amiga.com/news/?art=28

EDIT: I searched for ACK Amiga hardware but nothing. Did the deal fall apart between ACK & Amiga? What is Amiga doing? What is going on? Amiga needs to get new hardware out there to sell their OS. It looked promising with ACK but if the deal fell apart then what? Amiga Inc. has to get its act together! Or it'll surely die. Thank goodness for MorphOS & Genesi. As this seems the better route to take for past Amiga users.

[ Edited by Omen on 2008/1/8 20:02 ]
  • »09.01.08 - 02:30
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    forget it... i 'had' a better dream: Bill opened his eyes, and started to care about morphos people, as these people are still amigans, he allowed amigaos to run on efika and pegasos boards, he started to communicate on forums, and became a friend of BB and RV, and they brought us the bright future...

bye, MarK.

ps: sweat dreams :)
  • »09.01.08 - 05:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

Well, Bill doesn't respect us and the Amiga community, so why not kill him? He is just a big ********!!!!!!

Sounds like someone has watched too much Kill Bill... :-)
  • »09.01.08 - 08:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Bill McWho?
    Who is that guy, why should I bother about him? Has he anything to do with MorphOS?
    Not to my knowledge. Thus, Who the f*ck is Bill McEwen?
    I just wish him a pleasant life but nothing in particular - just as I wish that everybody else of these ~6 Billion ppl crowding this planet to whom I have no relations to.

Nota bene: The above questions are rhetoric and no answer is desired.

[ Edited by Zylesea on 2008/1/9 10:10 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »09.01.08 - 09:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

Bill McWho?
    Who is that guy, why should I bother about him? Has he anything to do with MorphOS?

afaik, he's trying to kill the competition (for MorphOS), so he's (sort of) related.
  • »09.01.08 - 13:18
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Please folks, use PM to report out of line comments.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »09.01.08 - 15:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Snuffy
    I dreamt that I killed Bill McEwen... or it's just reality?

A waste of time and energy IMHO !
  • »09.01.08 - 18:58
Topic is Locked