Prism2 PCI/PCMCIA Combatibility List
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I opened this thread for those people that they want to know which PCI or PCMCIA cards are compatible with the latest version of the Prism2 device. I hope people help me & others, so we can avoid purchasing a card that is not compatible.
  • »09.10.07 - 17:45
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ncafferkey
    Slightly OT, but as the author of this driver, I'd be interested to know if anyone has got it working at full speed on MOS, at least for downloads. I could only get it working very slowly, and I know several others had the same problem.
  • »11.10.07 - 16:03
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Schlonz
    Phantom:

Do PCI-to-PCMCIA-adapter cards work in Pegasos? Or did you mean PCMCIA-network cards on A1200 with BlizzardPPC?

ncafferkey:

What do you mean with "slow"? How slow?
  • »11.10.07 - 19:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I mean PCMCIA network cards on A1200 with a PPC board. I didn't know if there are any PCI to PCMCIA adaptor cards for Pegasos, are they?
  • »11.10.07 - 21:12
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ncafferkey
    Quote:

Schlonz wrote:

What do you mean with "slow"? How slow?

AFAIR, it was only about 20% of what it should be.
  • »11.10.07 - 21:45
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Schlonz
    Phantom:

Yes, there are PCI-to-PCMCIA adapter cards, but I dont know if they work in our Peggys.

ncafferkey:

20% of 11 Mbit is really slow....
  • »11.10.07 - 21:53
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    nine
    Quote:

Schlonz wrote

Yes, there are PCI-to-PCMCIA adapter cards, but I dont know if they work in our Peggys.

I would guess not.

PCMCIA is like ISA with hotplug detection and identification strings. Something needs to monitor the port for a card to be inserted, then setup IRQ, IO and DMA ranges. Simply putting a PCMCIA card into a PCI adapter won't produce a PCI device.

Cardbus is different, however, and might work. Depends on how MorphOS' PCI enumeration works. I've never seen a cardbus prism2 card. I have about 60 wireless cards around my house and I know for a fact that I don't have one.

Furthermore, there are two types of adapter available for PCMCIA cards: The type that provides a real PCMCIA slot with PCMCIA controller, and a PLX9xxx-base adapter, which only works with prism2/orinoco/hermes cards, and most likely won't work with the prism2 driver.
  • »12.10.07 - 00:15
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ncafferkey
    The PLX9xxx-based adapters probably work with prism2.device. They do on OS4 and AROS, but I couldn't fit one into my Pegasos to test it (only half-height PCI cards fit in my case).
  • »12.10.07 - 15:14