sad day for me - cause of Hyperion...
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Hi all, I guess I just want to vent, but basically I had sent my Cyberstorm to Hyperion well over 2 years ago and have had nothing bug excuses etc since... I've put my dialog with Timothy from Hyperion on my website. What do you think? Is it a right off? It's a shame that one of the last few Amiga related companies cannot get their act together!

http://zhulien.kicks-ass.net/
    http://zhulien.kicks-ass.net/hyperionsucks.htm (direct link)

(edit: actually, make that over 3 years! I thought their last email was arrogant sounding. yes, they are a business, they offered a service which if they could not afford to offer should not have. anyway, as far as I am concerned, they have both my board and money and have so far not lived up to their promise.)

[ Edited by zhulien on 2007/9/27 1:05 ]

[ Edited by zhulien on 2007/9/27 1:07 ]
  • »26.09.07 - 15:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Hm... reading your e-mails through your link, it seems to be a looong story indeed... I really cannot understand their position for this matter, and I really have nothing to say more. It seems to me like an "around-around" e-mails. Really sad, for you.
  • »26.09.07 - 15:15
    hooligan
    I know this is The Bar and pretty much anything goes.. but this feels more baiting than trying to start a conversation. Especially with the direct url.

I'm letting this be for now, but no bashing ok.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »26.09.07 - 18:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Hi, I'm actually at a loss now of what to do... is there anything that can be done that isn't any more costly for me than losing my Cyberstorm and paying for nothing?
  • »27.09.07 - 04:34
    try to get both money and cyberstorm back... then send email to bplan...
    Pegasos rulez since august 2002
  • »27.09.07 - 04:59
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Interestingly Timothy emailed me today saying he has sent off my package (I suspect the Cyberstorm in some condition - not sure yet). I hope at least working as an 060 - then I can use my Amiga again (in addition to my Peg2).
  • »27.09.07 - 09:58
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    neongod
    I can fully understand what you feel. I have a very similar story.

I bought a (new) cyberstorm ppc from Vesalia Computers a few years ago, of course prepaid.
    They sent me a used board which was defected! I sent it back for repair. First they started to blame me, that I broke the board. Later they agreed to send it to repair. I was also emailing and even calling them every month to ask about status later to send me back my card or refund the money... I was trying and waiting for several years... They started to not reply and not pick up or hang the phone... until I fed up and acknowledged that I lost my money and my Cyberstorm ppc...

Most of compenies left on the amiga market seems unclean and not fair.. and even less professional :(
  • »27.09.07 - 14:54
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Snuffy
    Wow, this is a shocker!
    Ummm, are sure you weren't scammed?
    I don't ever remember Hyperion being in hardware repair business. :-?
  • »27.09.07 - 18:11
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Yes this is Hyperion and no, well not an intentional scam I'm sure. It was an offer they put to the community in relation to the then upcoming AmigaOS 4.0 I suspect to increase the potential userbase at the time. Personally I thought the offer was a good one, just the amount of screwing around they have given me is ridiculous. If I get my board back as Timothy says I will, I'll let you know. But... given the past few years of communication, I cannot help but have some doubts.
  • »28.09.07 - 02:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    Quote:

Snuffy wrote:
    Wow, this is a shocker!
    Ummm, are sure you weren't scammed?
    I don't ever remember Hyperion being in hardware repair business. :-?

link

even if "actually" they never did any repairs job (AFAIK was AmigaFrance who tryed and failed)

Don't wast your time .... nobody but DCE, could do it :-/
  • »28.09.07 - 12:42
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    Woohoo, I got my Cyberstorm back after about 3 years! Sadly, the 68060 works, but the PPC does NOT - I wonder if I'll get the refund promised originally as part of the repair or no cost deal?
  • »16.10.07 - 13:03
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    yep, they are trying to worm their way out of my refund (due to the repair or no charge) as expected!

hmmm let's see I'll start a business and tell everyone I'll turn their A4000s into something twice the speed for US$500 and if not, no charge - then in the end when I collect many A4000s, after 3 years I'll return them all but keep the money - sounds like a great business plan, what do you think?
  • »17.10.07 - 00:04
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    today I am happy, and extremely surprised. Hyperion have refunded me fully for my card repair which wasn't possible. I thank them for finally letting me settle this issue. case closed!
  • »17.10.07 - 14:50