Growing a FFS partition
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    It's worth to migrate to SFS for many reasons. And one of them is March's sfsresize. ;)
    http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~mszyprow/programy/sfsresize/
  • »13.03.07 - 19:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Kamul wrote:
    It's worth to migrate to SFS for many reasons.

I've been using FFS since the first public betas, many years ago. I was very happy with it, as I never had problems with the Voyager cache partition, specially formatted in SFS for hard usage.
    But I prefer to have FFS for my system partition, because it's the filesystem that my version of SmartFirmware can read (yes, I have "boot.img" in the normal SYS partition).
    I'm thinking about creating a new, bigger SFS partition, and copy everything except "boot.img". Then, I would need to set this as bootable (easy, of course), and set the old one as non bootable, which I don't know how to do.
    The partition tool in MorphOS does not allow to edit partitions, only create. Is there any other tool available? Otherwise, wasn't there a method of telling (to SmartFirmware's "boot" command) the partition I want to boot from, instead of having it search for a bootable one?

Quote:

And one of them is March's sfsresize. ;)
    http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~mszyprow/programy/sfsresize/

Yes, I've read about succesfull attempts, but it currently only supports shrinking partitions.
  • »14.03.07 - 07:58
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

The partition tool in MorphOS does not allow to edit partitions, only create

SCSI config allows you to edit and change attributes of your existing partitions.

BTW when you make SCSI config recognize your HD don't choose optimal geometry as this could lead to problems in the future if you want to plug in your HD to other computers.

If you don't like SCSIConfig you can use the old hdtoolbox.
  • »14.03.07 - 12:02
    Profile Visit Website