IDE drives
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    LawlessPPC
    ok i tried asking this question in a very direct way thinking I knew the the reasons, but no responce over a 100 views but no responce. So here goes the open ended version when using scsiconfig i can only see my scsi drives listed no mention of thie ide ones the program doesnt even check scsi.device. So how do i get them listed in this to partiiton or add filesystem. I know the miggy can see them because they are listed in the other prog ( is it scsinit (cant remember now)

Going mad please please help

L8rs LawlessPPC
  • »25.01.07 - 12:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    I'm not sure, but I'd try setting tooltype

DEVICE=ide.device

on PegII, in other system the device name might be different
  • »25.01.07 - 12:41
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    LawlessPPC
    thanks for reply will try later
  • »25.01.07 - 13:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Lawless

maybe there was no response because you didn't provide enough technical information... Pegasos or classic amiga? Peg1 or 2? etc etc

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »25.01.07 - 18:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    I tried DEVICE=ide.device on my Amiga 1200 and it doesn't work. DEVICE=scsi.device does.
    The GUI of this tool doesn't look right. In many cases buttons doesn't fit inside the window, etc.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »26.01.07 - 08:18
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    LawlessPPC
    Quote:

magnetic wrote:
    Lawless

maybe there was no response because you didn't provide enough technical information... Pegasos or classic amiga? Peg1 or 2? etc etc

magnetic

My original post was very simple I was trying to use the tooltype DEVICE=scsi.device but no matter what I did it would not save this tooltype. I asked if anyone knew why as read, write, edit and delte were enabled. This is the post I got no response to
  • »26.01.07 - 19:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

My original post was very simple I was trying to use the tooltype DEVICE=scsi.device but no matter what I did it would not save this tooltype. I asked if anyone knew why as read, write, edit and delte were enabled. This is the post I got no response to

This is Ambient related issue. Some Ambient builds refuse to store icon tooltypes (or any icon changes) for reason or another. This has happened to me occasionally but I'm not yet sure is it related to certain icon types only or is it bug in some Ambient builds only.

Copy scsiconfig to ram disk and try again :-P This is something I'd like to fix but it is not reproducable with all builds.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »26.01.07 - 22:15
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    LawlessPPC
    thanx itix will try this also will try doing it in dopus. Will let all know
  • »28.01.07 - 23:28