Upgrade 1,7 GHz MPC 7448 CPU cards announced for AmigaONE
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    ACK, the hardware firm which is building Power Vixxen motherboards announced availability of some Upgrade CPU cards for microAmigaONE.

The PPC on these cards are clocked at 1Ghz (maybe 1,5 GHZ minimum) the first one card, and 1.7Ghz the second one card.

Availability starting from 22 of may.

Announced prices are US$ 500,00 for 1Ghz model (405 euro), and US$ 850.00 for 1.7Ghz model (690 Euro).
    Prices include cooling fan system already mounted.

News forwarded from Massimilano Tretene of Soft3 shop here:

On Ikir Sector News Italy.
    [For italian readers only]

I wonder if these upgrade cards will work flawlessly.

I think that us Pegasos users should sit and see, because then, if these cards will reveal themselves to be good, so we all could ask ACK to produce upgrade cards for Pegasos models too.

You know why.

Just because some times ago there was a thread in which Genesi people stated that upgrade cards for Pegasos based on MPC 7448, will be availble (if they had had decided to bulid some) only on new complete Pegasos machines, and not as standalone upgrades.

So I think we should wait.

If these upgrades for ACK will be for real and will be good, then it could be an opportunity even for us from Pegasos side too...

Because a PPC CPU card, it could be adapted in a few spare time to work on our systems too.

Enjoy it and stay tuned for Pegasos upgrades.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/4/23 19:49 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »23.04.06 - 19:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    News available also in english language here.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3047
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »23.04.06 - 19:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    the pegasos CPU upgrade at 1,7ghz announced by bbrv was my biggest expectation for this year, i even saved some money for it, so hearing contradictory information from other Genesi executives was a big disappointment. Now i won't hope anymore until something really happens.

i badly want a CPU upgrade for my Pegasos. Just for Linux and UAE.
  • »23.04.06 - 20:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    /italian language on
    raffaele ma che mi combini, solo l'upgrade costa come una mobo + cpu peg2 , dal sito di genesi :
    Pegasos II with 1GHz G4 (7447) processor
    $499.00 (€415.00)

Speravo che questa "notiziona" non arrivasse qua, perchè come prezzo siamo a livello di usura

/italian language off

the upgrade cost the equivalent of a mobo+cpu peg2
    (from genesi's site : Pegasos II with 1GHz G4 (7447) processor $499.00 (€415.00) )

it's not a good choice to buy & adapt this "upgrade"

Let's "teh upgrade" go to "teh rael amigan's"
    I'm nerdy in the extreme
    And whiter than sour cream

White&Nerdy 2006 Al Yankovic
  • »23.04.06 - 21:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Sounsquare:

2 more weeks for the CPu upgrade availability..

@thread

Its rather mind-boggling that somebody would purchase a $900 motherboard that is actually prototype technology and then spend a bout $200 for case,hd,ram,etc and then another $500 for cpu upgrade: you are talking $1600 for a computer that runs Linux (poorly) a beta version of Amiga os 4, and doesnt even have great legacy Amiga software compatibility. wow

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »23.04.06 - 21:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    MAgnetic I totaly agree. $800 is insane. You can get a complete system for far less then that in the form of a Pegasos II. Sure it wont run OS4, but the only people running OS4 now have systems and you cant get a new one if your a new user.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »23.04.06 - 22:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Acill

Not only that but MOS is much more compatible with 68k Amiga apps and has alot more native software. The latter being very ironic.

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »23.04.06 - 22:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    @ AciII and Magnetic.

You both just missed the point.

I don't care a full "wood-made club" of the price of AmigaONE.

(translated in italian is a slightly rude expression)

I don't need to buy any AmigaONE.

I just want a CPU upgrade for my Pegasos and I find with disappoint that AmigaONE now has it.

I think we should wait and see, because even if the price is actually extremely high...

...Because then the price could drop, if a certain amount of these upgrade cards will be sold.

More! The price of such an ACK device ported to Pegasos will drop for sure if only a Pegasos version could be made, because there are plenty of Pegasi users who want to upgrade their machines.

Think this fact:

Genesi don't want to build any 7448 Upgrade CPU card, because they find it is way too expensive?

Good. No problem at all.

ACK could manifacture these cards for us with Genesi permission.

I ask Genesi if they could contact ACK, so they could verify for us if these cards are good made.

...and then they could start an agreement with ACK, in order to let this firm produce Pegasos Upgrade cards with MPC7448 at 1,7 GHz!

Genesi doesn't want to produce the 7448 card for Pegasos due to high prices, and they fear the risk to sell only a few of these cards? Then ACK could made it.

Simply and easy.

This will made all of us satisfied.

1) Genesi which does not want to produce these upgrade cards, then it could license ACK to made some, and again, MORE, they could help ACK to purchase entire batches of PPC MPC 7448 at a reasonbable price from Freescale which is a partner of Genesi.

Do you know it. It is just like outsourcing.

The price for the end user will drop, but all the risk to sell the upgrade cards will stay then on ACK shoulders.

(*NO* problem at all for Genesi if ACK Pegasos upgrade cards will not match our market requests)

2) ACK could ask for external support by Genesi to purchase MPC 7448 MPC CPUs from freescale, and will receive concrete help in technical design to produce this HYPOTETICAL upgrade card for Pegasos.
    So consequently, the price of this upgrade device will drop noteworthy.

And their cards will be sold with the external control by Genesi to match their standard of quality.

3) Us the Pegasos users, could purchase upgrade cards for our machine from ACK at a noticeable reduced cost from its starting placement on the market as AmigaONE device, and we will give really new life and horsepower to Pegasos II.

Think only the fact that ACK could became the first third part manifacturer of Amiga upgrades (for any kind of Amiga-Like platforms, both AmigaONE and Pegasos) to stay again on the market as once upon a time GVP and Phase V are used to do.

IMHO is a good thing, not a bad thing.

It is the strongest signal of the rebirth of an Amiga third part hardware market since a veeeery loooooong time.

But let's give them a chance.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/4/24 3:20 ]
  • »24.04.06 - 03:17
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    people get bright eyes about the 1,7 ghz this card has, but the price is ridiculous. Why pay 850$ for a CPU card, when there's no software which uses the power? Only for E-UAE?? "the other side" argues with "Amiga has alway been expensive", first of all, it's wrong, and second there's a difference between expensive and overpriced.
  • »24.04.06 - 05:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    These ACK cpu boards haven't materialized yet. Still vapour.
    Anyway the price is just ridiculous and while the product is still vapour (mind his other announcements, module is planed to be *shown* (!sold) on May the 22nd) I do not doubt that Adam is *technically* skilled enough to build them in the end, there is no big magic included. Basically it is grab a CPU and mount it to the Megarray.
    Adam says something about slight behaviourally differences with the 7448 when powered by the A1. Well, let's see what kind of nature these behavioural differeces are...

Btw.: Pegasos is proven with the 7448 already.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »24.04.06 - 09:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    I can understand that people pay ridiculous prices for A1, after all
    it's by far the best (least bad..) option for running OS4 and it's
    understandable that some people want that. But OS4 surely does not
    need 1.7 GHz, so I agree this card seems pointless. I'd prefer a
    fanless CPU card for the Peg rather than a faster one.
  • »24.04.06 - 12:43
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    please keep in mind that a lot of Pegasos users are not only MorphOS users. Of course 1,7Ghz is pointless for MOS (or only for UAE and emulating stuff), but it would be much appreciated for Linux.
  • »24.04.06 - 12:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    If it's for Linux only, then the 850 US$ are better spent on another maschine, be it a Mac mini or some generic PC or a PegasosII (that is significantly faster than an A 1, mind the non working DMA with Linux!). It's faster and you avoid dual booting. Price is more or less the same bu you get another *full* maschine.
    --

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
  • »24.04.06 - 12:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

But OS4 surely does not need 1.7 GHz, so I agree this card seems pointless.

But OS4 surely does need a WORKING cpu card, and not everyone has one anymore (or have a second board without one)

I can't see the point in doing (much) slower CPU card upgrades, becouse they would likely also be relatively expensive.
  • »24.04.06 - 13:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    beanbandit
    Quote:

Btw.: Pegasos is proven with the 7448 already.

is it proven with dual G4's too :-) if it is.... gimme, gimme gimme!!!! ;-)

btw. at a given Hz setting no 74xx PPC processor is faster than any other so... a 1GHz 7448 isn't faster than a 1GHz 7447, the diffrence is that the 7447 isn't available at fster speeds than 1247 MHz but the 7447A is available at speeds upto 1420 MHz and the 7448 is available at speeds upto ???? MHz they all deliver 2310 MIPS at 1GHz.
    8-)

[ Edited by beanbandit on 2006/4/24 14:46 ]
  • »24.04.06 - 14:39
    warface
    Whatever you read, don't believe it, until it's arrived safe at your doormat. :-) It's valid for both sides of the fence.

ACK slowly heaps up a product line almost comparable to Genesi - but in fact, still just on paper. Time will decide.
  • »24.04.06 - 16:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

beanbandit wrote:
    btw. at a given Hz setting no 74xx PPC processor is faster than any other so... a 1GHz 7448 isn't faster than a 1GHz 7447,

The 7448 has a L2 cache twice as big as the 7447(A) has. That will result in some benefit, even more on maschines with slow memory bandwidth.
    Also it is said there would be some Altivec improvements, but these have a rather minor impact and MOS <1.5 has no benefit for Altivec anyway.
    --

• »24.04.06 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @soundsquare: well, it's maybe not usefull right now. But what if people start to release demanding apps/games ?

Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »24.04.06 - 17:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ Raf_MegaByte

Quote:

I just want a CPU upgrade for my Pegasos and I find with disappoint that AmigaONE now has it.

No it hasn't.

And I don't think it will be released either (at least I hope not). There is a huge difference between talk on a forum, and actual consumer-level production runs, building up a support infrastructure, etc.

First of all, the Articia S is a *really* old chip now. It was designed mainly with the old class G3's (and G4's? (not sure of that)) in mind that was available back at the time. The Modern PPC's we have today was science fiction back in the days when the Articia was designed. Even *if* the Articia would have worked as planned (and advertised), I don't think there would have been any guarantees it would work fine with the 7448. New generations of PPC CPU's are generally acompanied with new generations of system controllers. This is logical for a performance point of view, but also an answer to differencies in low-level characteristics in the CPU's as evolution moves on AFAIK. In the Freescale HPC-1 platform (evaluation board for the MPC7447A CPU), a Marvell Discovery III was used. In the Freescale HPC-2 platform (evaluation board for the MPC7448), a Tundra TSI108 was used.

But the Articia S *didn't* work as planned (and advertised), not even back then. In fact, it ended up *notorious* in the industry for its flaws and limitations. When Genesi used the Articia S in the first Pegasos design, they had planned to release the Pegasos at a certain date (can't remember when exactly), and they originally planned for a 1GHz G4 CPU option. In the end they had to postpone the release at least half a year, they had to sell it as "betatester" systems under certain conditions, and only with 600MHz old class G3's (a 1GHz G4 module was simply out of the question). Later they had to release two generations of hardware patches and expensive trade-in programs, all thanks to the Articia. Among the last things they did before throwing the Articia in the trashcan, was to try the very latest Articia revision coupled with the April2 fix, and a modern class G4 (I think it was the 7447). They found out the CPU's/Articias only worked in certain random(!) combinations (which made it impossible to sell the G4 as a general upgrade card, it had to be sold in tried and tested combinations of motherboards+CPU bundles), and not *entirely* satisfactory. That was a 1GHz 7447. Even Eyetech downclocked their old class 933MHz G4 CPU's to 800MHz (which is a very odd thing to do if you think about it, when there was an option to increase the price with 16% accordingly, or simply say "hey, here you have more value for the same money"). There has been an innuendo (tons and tons) of reports of strange A1 behaviours, data losses, and other artefacts of the Articia (also in a random manner, it seems). I think it was "Slash" over at AW that tried many times to compile an entire Linux distribution on his A1 (which demands *a lot* more of system integrity and stability than casually running Ibrowse an hour a day or similar). This takes a lot of time with full throttle, and he could never get through it; there were always a crash somewhere along the way. When he *underclocked* his CPU to 600MHz, the situation improved greatly. There are reports of strange behaviour from the modern class G3 (750GX) CPU's as well, also in a random manner as it seems.

I think there is a clear difference in using old class CPU's at low frequencies on the Articia, than modern class (like 7447 and 750GX, not to mention 7448) above 600MHz.

And now we have this new bold announcement from "Adam of ACK", a guy who announced the "Power Vixxen" in December (that is December 2004, *not* 2005) and still hasn't been able to show a working prototype, heck not even a simple photo, or *any* kind of sign for that matter that suggests that this is nothing but vapour. And here he comes again, with a new product (before even showing signs of life from his first one). This time he has *reverse-engineered* a Teron 7455 CPU card from the brilliant brains of MAI (or whoever made the "brilliant" work with the Teron HW designs (spot the irony)), and wants to slap on a *1.7GHz 7448* to the Articia S! I mean, wow!

I'll tell you what; if you put your ears close to the motherboard, and the room is silent enough, you will probably be able to hear the Articia brainfarting through the ethernet connector in pure horror!

It would also be interesting to see what kind of warranty ACK will give its customers. If peoples $850 investment doesn't work as supposed on their A1's, will they get a full refund? What happens if their CPU cards breaks down in a year and a half, will Adam still be here by then, offering full repair/replacements, free of charge? What kind of financial backup does he have, in order to secure a long term commitment to support and customer service? I'm a bit surprised that no-one is asking these kind of questions.

Seeing how he is requesting e-mails before production run is not a good sign in this context IMHO. I see a new "Eyetech situation" coming up here.

BOHICA!

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again! And everyone jumping of joy among dancing bananas about it.

Quote:

I think we should wait and see, because even if the price is actually extremely high...

The price isn't only "extremely high", it's outright ridiculous!

For that kind of money, you can get a complete ODW, with

* Pegasos II motherboard *including* a 1GHz G4 processor
    * 512MB DDR RAM
    * 80GB ATA100 Hard Disk
    * Dual-Layer DVD±RW Drive
    * USB 2.0 Expansion
    * ATI Radeon 9250 graphics - DVI, VGA and S-Video out
    * Low Profile Small Footprint Case - Tower or Desktop Orientation (92x310x400mm)

and you would still have $50 left for pizza and beer!

If you want to compare apples with oranges, you can also have a look at how far $850 would take you in the mainstream x86 platform.

I mean, the $850 price tag is *insane*!

And besides not functioning properly, the Articia S is also crippled with bottle-necks all over, so this kind of CPU will be a complete *waste of money*, since it won't be able to even *come close* to its fullest potential (for which you pay your money).

Quote:

...Because then the price could drop, if a certain amount of these upgrade cards will be sold.

Nope.

The "market" for this product is so tiny that it hardly can be called a market at all, and moreover, it's fixed in size and will never grow any bigger (the A1 platform is stone dead and no more A1's will ever see the light of day). How many units can he expect to sell? 50? 100? Nah, not that many. Anyway, it will never be *anywhere near* "a certain amount" (as you put it) to get attractive volume pricing, so no, the price won't come down in time (unless he is forced to sell out unsold stock at great discount at some future point in time).

The only way to make the price come down would be to establish good relations with the CPU manufacturers (á la Genesi) instead of ordering some handful of units at list prices from some online retailer, also being able to manufacture the thing at low cost in a "in-house manner" (á la Genesi), but most of all to have a realistic views/expectations of your financial returns from a thing like this.

I'm sorry for my harsh words here, but this price is a bloody rip-off!

Quote:

More! The price of such an ACK device ported to Pegasos will drop for sure if only a Pegasos version could be made, because there are plenty of Pegasi users who want to upgrade their machines.

But those are totally different cards! Besides, this wouldn't change the volume pricing aspect at all, since the Pegasos is no high volume platform either ...

Quote:

Think this fact:

Genesi don't want to build any 7448 Upgrade CPU card, because they find it is way too expensive?

They don't want to build 7448 cards? :-?

Quote:

ACK could manifacture these cards for us with Genesi permission.

If he really wants to, Adam can manufacture CPU cards for the Pegasos *without* Genesi's permission. He could get a flying start with the Pegasos2 design that was released freely on power.org. And when the upcoming public firmware update is released, chances are that it will *work* as well (;-)).

But I'll tell you what - if he is planning to actually go ahead with this $850 price tag, then he should stick to "teh REEL Amigans!!1!1!" and leave the rest of us alone. I think this suits them better ...

Quote:

I ask Genesi if they could contact ACK, so they could verify for us if these cards are good made.

...and then they could start an agreement with ACK, in order to let this firm produce Pegasos Upgrade cards with MPC7448 at 1,7 GHz!

You must surely be joking now, right?

By now, Genesi have low-level experience from both the 7447A and 7448 (the Freescale HPC-1 and HPC-2 evaluation platforms) since some time, that is quite unique in this context (in comparison to some other people) IMHO. They have adapted their firmware for these CPU's (and northbridges) a long time ago already (they even sell 1.4GHz ODW's based on the 7447A). B-plans expertise in HW design and their high standards is well documented and acknowledged. They have had production-level 7448 CPU's in-house since early this year; the 1GHz version is used in the High Density Blades. Do you really think Genesi would need to rely on "Adam" (a guy who *actually believes* he can slap on a 1.7GHz 7448 on a reverse-engineered 7455 CPU card and make it work with the Articia) in order to get some 7448 modules out for the Pegasos? Of course not, that thought is ridiculous IMHO.

No-one knows the Pegasos the way Carda&Knäbel does (no-one knows the Articia S as good as them either BTW, please think a little about that ;-)), no-one has the relationship with all key players as Genesi has (component supplies, manufacturing, etc), and no-one besides Genesi has yet shown any ability in creating and (more important) *supporting* end-user hardware in a proper way.

Relating themselves with Adams little experiments on living humans (á la Eyetech) can only result in their name beeing dragged in the dust when the project crash and burn and the consumers are left stranded.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »24.04.06 - 18:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:

But OS4 surely does need a WORKING cpu card, and not everyone has one anymore (or have a second board without one)

Then maybe Adam should have focused on the "tried and tested" CPU's, like the old G3's used before the GX, and sold those cards at a *reasonable* price level?

Quote:

I can't see the point in doing (much) slower CPU card upgrades, becouse they would likely also be relatively expensive.

Well, at least it's known (and accepted, how strange as it may sound) how poor those A1 configurations work. I think a 1.7GHz 7448 for the A1 is bound to surprise with an even worse situation, at a much higher price ...
  • »24.04.06 - 18:14
    Robin
    Couldnt care less for cards I cant use,
    that are not ready for sale and dont work in my pegasos.

So the price really doesnt matter ...

/back to waiting mode until I can complain about
    too expensive pegasos/morphos expansions ... (and buy it no matter
    what the price is ;-) )
  • »24.04.06 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
    guruman
    I think the matter is quite easy (much easier than the fuss Raffaele is making...:P ).
    If Genesi knew that there were hundreds of people willing to pay some 850$+VAT for a 1.7 GHz, you'd see them around already. AFAIK the 1.7GHz modules for the PegasosII are ready since some time and have been tested. bPlan also has a 1.3 (or 1.4) GHz module around I think. But they know that Pegasos customers are a bit more savvy, and wouldn't part from such an amount of money for an upgrade. Personally I guess bPlan/Genesi could market such a module for much less (after all the G4@1GHz costs 199$ - or is it 249$.... much less than 500$ anyway).

The point it's that there wouldn't be much market unless the price was much lower on this side of the world (which is quite different from "the other side").

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »24.04.06 - 20:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

Well, at least it's known (and accepted, how strange as it may sound) how poor those A1 configurations work. I think a 1.7GHz 7448 for the A1 is bound to surprise with an even worse situation, at a much higher price ...

useless trolling.
  • »24.04.06 - 21:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    Quote:

useless trolling.

Oh yeah?

Then how about this: The A1 was a piece of crap. No, I take that back, it was a *sorry excuse* for crap; calling the A1 crap is an *insult* to all the decent crap out there! It was an ugly scam that was allowed to go on for three bloody generations of hardware, *despite* known flaws. Three generations of early-prototype class hardware that *never* worked as advertised, sold to consumers not knowing better, deceived by a tragic phenomenom called "AmigaWorld.net" where a handful of people had the devine power to decide what was true or not, like shepherds guiding their flock of sheep. Unsuspecting consumers was deceived to pay a shitload of money for worthless junk, fully believing it was good hardware, with real quality, and real warranty, but they ended up with a dead-end piece of junk that started to fall in pieces within a year in many cases, with no warranty, no spare parts, no path ahead, no *nothing*. And its mother company simply took the money, wrote up some crappy goodbye message, and simply *turned its back* to its customers.

The AmigaOne is probably the darkest episode in the Amiga history. It would have been a freakin joke if it hadn't been so tragic. In a way it was more tragic than both Commodores and Escoms bankruptcies, since it was done in such a coldhearted, elaborate and calculating manner. It caused unrecoverable damage to what was left of the Amiga brand, platform, reputation and community. The whole thing would probably be considered as criminal by any court of law. And I just saw that a few of the responsible people are still there at AW, now working the masses again, preparing, clearing the road for a second (the fourth really) round of scamming. And the sheep are cheering! Unbelievable!

If I would have to choose between the two current vapour/hoax solutions, the Troika or the ACK, then I would choose Troika.

Why? Because:

-You would have to be a complete screw-up of a HW designer to mess up a simple TSI107+G3 solution.

-But no matter how genious you are at designing hardware, you *can't* achieve *anything else* than a mess with anything #?Articia#?, it's simply not possible!

Anyway, am I the only one thinking this whole thread is kind of Off Topic here at MorphZone? I agree with Robin above:

Quote:

Robin wrote:
    Couldnt care less for cards I cant use,
    that are not ready for sale and dont work in my pegasos.

So the price really doesnt matter ...

/back to waiting mode until I can complain about
    too expensive pegasos/morphos expansions ... (and buy it no matter
    what the price is ;-) )

Please people, let's end this discussion about AmigaOne, because is it really relevant here? There exists both moobunny and AW.net if anyone wants to discuss this hardware any further ...
  • »24.04.06 - 23:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    a lot of free time eh TMHGM! nice and "professional" words from a moderator!

Why i find only fanatics on forums lately?

whats a virus? argh! :-(
  • »25.04.06 - 00:39