Differences between TSI108 and TSI109?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    I just saw this post over at moobunny, and I am a little curious about what the biggest difference between the Tundra TSI108 and the TSI109 are? (I have problem accessing Tundras website ATM)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »15.01.06 - 15:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Couldn't get there either... don't think it is you... they may be
    doing server updates or something.
  • »15.01.06 - 16:45
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    nels664868
    The Site is back up now.
    The main difference between the TSI108 and TSI109 is that the TSI109 can take dual cpu's

nels
    Ask Dr. Stupid,
    Dear Dr. Stupid,
    Why do we have to go to school?
    That's a very good question. It's becuse your parents are
    ALIENS!!! When your at school they shed there human skins and
    breathe drier lint! hahahaha!
  • »15.01.06 - 21:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

nels664868 wrote:
    The Site is back up now.
    The main difference between the TSI108 and TSI109 is that the TSI109 can take dual cpu's

nels

Ah! But something must have changed then. I am pretty sure the TSI108 was listed as dual CPU compatible earlier on (before there even existed a 109), and the Genesi blade server was supposed to be based on a TSI108 plus dual 7448 @ 1GHz. Perhaps the 108 wasn't as "dual CPU" as they thought, so Tundra had to make some updates to it, and then released it as a TSI109 (which is also pin compatible with the TSI108)? It would also explain the delay of this blade design ...

Another thing (Off Topic) I noticed is that both the TSI108 and TSI109 is listed to be RoHS compliant, but the TSI107 ("Amy'05") is *not* specced as RoHS compliant, at least not on their webpage.
  • »16.01.06 - 14:05
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    @takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Another thing (Off Topic) I noticed is that both the TSI108 and TSI109 is listed to be RoHS compliant, but the TSI107 ("Amy'05") is *not* specced as RoHS compliant, at least not on their webpage.

Looks like it :-(
    Lets hope they have a plan... else the Amy'05 may only get a reality outside Europe (would be a big loss for them).
    Best regards,
    hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund
  • »16.01.06 - 21:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

hnl_dk wrote:
    @takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Looks like it :-(
    Lets hope they have a plan... else the Amy'05 may only get a reality outside Europe (would be a big loss for them).

Have been corrected...
    Tsi107D-133LEY FC-PBGA (Pb-Free)

TroikaNG gave the hint :-)
    Best regards,
  • »16.01.06 - 22:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    zacman
    OT:

>TroikaNG gave the hint

Troika has a few other problems.

Currently they are not allowed to market their products in Germany for example (§6 TDG).
  • »16.01.06 - 22:34
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

zacman wrote:
    OT:

>TroikaNG gave the hint

Troika has a few other problems.

Currently they are not allowed to market their products in Germany for example (§6 TDG).

I don't see why the products of TroikaNG Should fall under the "Teledienstegesetz" :-?
    Best regards,
  • »16.01.06 - 22:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    zacman
    >I don't see why the products of TroikaNG Should
    >fall under the "Teledienstegesetz"

It's § 6 TDG in conjunction with § 3 UWG.
  • »16.01.06 - 22:54
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    The Tsi109 comes in both Pb and non-Pb versions and so will the 110 (which will be announced tomorrow). This was is true with the Tsi108 and Tsi108a (which became the 109 after dual support and the existing 108 features were fully debugged). The Tsi107c will never comply with RoHS directives. The Tsi107d will. The 107 has been around for 5-6 years and Tundra has customers using both.

@hnl_dk

After all the moronic crap you posted on AW.net about RoHS compliance why would you even care what was posted here? RoHS compliance is first and foremost a task for component suppliers not system integrators. Of course, it is important for us too, but this is more the way we and others like us view the problem:

RoHS

@thread

The dual support is the main difference. The Tsi110 steps up the I/O a bit more (4 GigE vs. 3 in the 109, 2x4PCI-Express and a PCI-X bus). We should have some good news out later this week or next with Tundra.

R&B :-)
  • »16.01.06 - 22:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

@hnl_dk

After all the moronic crap you posted on AW.net about RoHS compliance why would you even care what was posted here?

RoSH is for me very important, just like anything else that makes our world and our people live longer!

The other problem I had about Your posts on AW.net was about You trying ot split the community even more with Your posts... That is not the way to do business!
    Quote:

RoHS compliance is first and foremost a task for component suppliers not system integrators. Of course, it is important for us too, but this is more the way we and others like us view the problem:

RoHS
    It is still the "system integrators" job to figure out what components they may use... As there are products that does not need to live up to the RoSH directive (for example military and medical use), can the component suppliers still sell their non RoSH complient components... I know it is a jungle, but that life...
    Quote:

The dual support is the main difference. The Tsi110 steps up the I/O a bit more (4 GigE vs. 3 in the 109, 2x4PCI-Express and a PCI-X bus). We should have some good news out later this week or next with Tundra.

Am looking forward to have a look at your future products :-)
    Best regards,
  • »16.01.06 - 23:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    @thread

See Tundra News tomorrow...(and future announcements)

@hnl_dk

"split the community"

Really, you honestly believe that?!? :evil: OK, come back next week when we announce the anti-OS4 dongle that comes with all new boards! :lol:
  • »16.01.06 - 23:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

@hnl_dk

"split the community"

Really, you honestly believe that?!? :evil: OK, come back next week when we announce the anti-OS4 dongle that comes with all new boards! :lol:

Just like there is no anti-MOS dongle that comes with the AmigaOnes... what is Your point... The only two things BBRV was trying to do when posting about "AmigaTwo" on AmigaWorld.net, was 1. to split the AmigaOS4 users (or the ones that don't have hardware at the moment) and 2. to get some free PR (there is new hardware on the way, from people that have contacted the right people - in the right way)...

I hope that the two "camps" are soon going to get more friendly with each others (I think that it is only a few persons, that are keeping the fire going)... But trying ot "contact the users" instead of the ones that You should/could have as partners, is not helping anyone (exept giving You some cheap PR).

Just my opinion... I have nothing against MorphOS, Pegasos II or other things related... but this is not the proper way to make business.

All the best for the future, and best regards,
    hnl_dk - Henning Nielen Lund [Denmark]
    Best regards,
  • »17.01.06 - 00:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    dolen
    I wish there were just one community. It seems like there are much more activity on the OS4 side and I really like that community. Its a shame this small number of enthusiastic developers participate on three similar produkts aimed at the same costumers. There should be some common direction for AOS4/MOS/AROS.
    And we should also look beyond our noses and plan how to break the binary compatibility to gain memoryprotection in the least painful way when the time is right.
  • »17.01.06 - 01:21
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tarbos
    >was 1. to split the AmigaOS4 users

I wonder who will come up with the "united we stand, divided we fall" mantra of true believers next time. :-)

Seehund is right about the HW lock-in, the glorious rebirth of Amiga will not happen, even the non-integrated UAE runs better on standard x86 systems. :-P

>But trying ot "contact the users" instead of the ones that You should/could have as partners, is not helping anyone

Oh, I thought the Amiga stuff was designed for the community and it is them who are making the buying decisions.

>but this is not the proper way to make business.

[no comment] :-D
  • »17.01.06 - 02:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    The Tsi109 isn't new at all. It's simply the Tsi108A, announced June 15th 2005, renamed to Tsi109.

"The Tsi108A product name has been changed to the Tsi109, you are now being redirected to this page."
    http://www.tundra.com/Products/PowerPC/Tsi108A/

You see, just a name change, really.
  • »17.01.06 - 03:04
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ hnl_dk

Quote:

hnl_dk wrote:
    Have been corrected...
    Tsi107D-133LEY FC-PBGA (Pb-Free)

Well, the 107C wasn't, but the 107D will. I think this illustrates what BBRV try to say - all component suppliers that still wants to sell products in six months must do this. And those who haven't done it already, will do it in the upcoming months. But this is *their* problem, which is on a completely different abstraction level than what a system integrator needs to care about.

Quote:

but this is not the proper way to make business.

No offence buddy, but I think it's funny to see a supporter of the AmigaInc troika (AInc + Eyetech + Hyperion), as well as the *other* "Troika", etc, lecturing Genesi about business practice! ;-) Maybe your expert knowledge could be used as a consultant to *those* companies instead? :-P

@ dolen

Quote:

I wish there were just one community.

IMHO, there is only one community. MorphOS, AmigaOS, AROS, Amiga Emulators, etc is what unites us and differs us from other platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Different flavours perhaps, but still the same fundamental interest.

Quote:

It seems like there are much more activity on the OS4 side and I really like that community.

Surely, you must be talking about the web forums now instead of the underlying community? AW.net compared to MorphZone.org, right? But when you compare those forums, you should also look at the content and not only the activity. The AW posting style is more like IRC than a traditional forum, there can be a couple of people sitting a few hours "chatting" to each other, hitting reload every minute, sometimes adding nothing but a smiley or so to the discussion. IMHO, the quality of the posts on MorphZone is higher, more thought through, and the site doesn't suffer from the disturbing "noise" seen on AW. I think the MZ style is good and very pleasant. There is always the IRC as a complement for killing some time with online chatting ...

Quote:

And we should also look beyond our noses and plan how to break the binary compatibility to gain memoryprotection in the least painful way when the time is right.

MorphOS already did that. The underlying Quark kernel has solid memory protection, the "A-box" running on top of it, and the applications inside it, can't bring it down. This is the only way to do it cleanly in an Amiga envireonment, more than this can't be done. If you want something else, then maybe you are looking for something different than the Amiga?

@ Andreas_Wolf

Thanks, I see that now. The updated/bugfixed 108 became 109 instead. This is a good move and avoids confusion, anything 108 is now single CPU only, and the 109 is essentially the same thing but *dual* CPU ...
  • »17.01.06 - 11:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    hnl_dk:
    So, could you please stop that?
    This whole RoHS Discussion was allready completly ridicoulus over there at AWN and it doesn`t make more sense here. There still is a timeframe until the Peg has to be full RoHS compliant, and as you might have noticed many steps are allready taken. And please don`t tell this is all about care for our environment! If this was true you never would have bought an Aone...

Also this "BBRV is spiltting the community" is boooring.
    First thing is, it seems you guys let split yourself by almost everything, just have a look on the current debate on AWN about X86...
    And second, when BBRV stepped in the Picture, the split was allready done. Sure they made mistakes in the Past and I even don`t agree with some decissions they made (but then, it is BBRV`s Business, not mine) however accusing them everytime for a community split is stupid.

What would you think if I come over to AWN, accusing Hyperion and Eyetech + several Individuals for killing the Amiga and splitting the community with their OS 4.0 attempt when there was allready a PPC Solution on the Horizon?
    So please.. you don`t have to agree with me, but stop this stupid games.
  • »17.01.06 - 11:12
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

Bladerunner wrote:
    hnl_dk:
    So, could you please stop that? ...

I am not the one who began the flame here... that was BBRV... I was just replying to a direct port to ME!
    So please read the post before You want to tell me anything!
    Quote:

Also this "BBRV is spiltting the community" is boooring...

Yes it is borring, but it is still the trouth
    Quote:

...however accusing them everytime for a community split is stupid...

I for sure am only accusing BBRV for splitting the community, when he is making direct threads to try to split the community - try to have a look at the unprofessional thread AmigaTwo, that ran on AWN
    Quote:

What would you think if I come over to AWN, accusing Hyperion and Eyetech + several Individuals for killing the Amiga and splitting the community with their OS 4.0 attempt when there was allready a PPC Solution on the Horizon?
    So please.. you don`t have to agree with me, but stop this stupid games.
    I am not playing games here... I was making an objective reply to the post made by takemehomegrandma... again: please read the posts before posting!
    Best regards,
  • »17.01.06 - 11:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    If this kind of debate is going to happen here, then send me some POPCORN!

Good to see a debate that is being argued well on both sides with a minimum of personal barbs. Something I wish we could see more often in all disagreements (whether it's red/blue or xbox/ps2).

*would have said 360/ps3, but that didn't sound as nice.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »17.01.06 - 23:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

zacman wrote:
    >I don't see why the products of TroikaNG Should
    >fall under the "Teledienstegesetz"

It's § 6 TDG in conjunction with § 3 UWG.

And again... why the hell should TroikaNG fall under the "Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb" ... please if You don't have anything to say, then don't!
    Best regards,
  • »18.01.06 - 10:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    zacman
    >why the hell should TroikaNG fall under
    >the "Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb"

Here is the short version:

Any company that markets any products into German market has to have the information mentioned in § 6 TDG at their website. If the company hasn't the infos any other competitor (or consumers through consumer protection agencies etc.) can demand the company to sign a declaration of cease and desist and obtain a injunctive relief against the company.
  • »18.01.06 - 13:56
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

zacman wrote:
    >why the hell should TroikaNG fall under
    >the "Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb"

Here is the short version:

Any company that markets any products into German market has to have the information mentioned in § 6 TDG at their website. If the company hasn't the infos any other competitor (or consumers through consumer protection agencies etc.) can demand the company to sign a declaration of cease and desist and obtain a injunctive relief against the company.

But the TDG has nothing to do with the product that TroikaNG is going to produce (I am no lawyer, but I have read the law).
    Best regards,
  • »18.01.06 - 14:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    zacman
    >But the TDG has nothing to do with the product
    >that TroikaNG is going to produce (I am no
    >lawyer, but I have read the law).

§ 6 TDG refers to every website with a commercial intent (it has nothing todo with TroikaNG's products).

[ Edited by zacman on 2006/1/18 17:44 ]
  • »18.01.06 - 16:41
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    @takemehomegrandma:
    Quote:

Quote:

but this is not the proper way to make business.

No offence buddy, but I think it's funny to see a supporter of the AmigaInc troika (AInc + Eyetech + Hyperion), as well as the *other* "Troika", etc, lecturing Genesi about business practice! ;-) Maybe your expert knowledge could be used as a consultant to *those* companies instead? :-P

But one can still say it being or not a "AmigaInc troika (AInc + Eyetech + Hyperion) supporter" and still don't agree with some of BBRV... :roll: methods... :-P
    Quote:

@ dolen

Quote:

I wish there were just one community.

IMHO, there is only one community. MorphOS, AmigaOS, AROS, Amiga Emulators, etc is what unites us and differs us from other platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Different flavours perhaps, but still the same fundamental interest.

Precisly!
    Quote:

Quote:

It seems like there are much more activity on the OS4 side and I really like that community.

Surely, you must be talking about the web forums now instead of the underlying community? AW.net compared to MorphZone.org, right? But when you compare those forums, you should also look at the content and not only the activity. The AW posting style is more like IRC than a traditional forum, there can be a couple of people sitting a few hours "chatting" to each other, hitting reload every minute, sometimes adding nothing but a smiley or so to the discussion. IMHO, the quality of the posts on MorphZone is higher, more thought through, and the site doesn't suffer from the disturbing "noise" seen on AW. I think the MZ style is good and very pleasant. There is always the IRC as a complement for killing some time with online chatting ...

It's like comparing oranges with apples, both have diferent porposes, and both has the same kind of posts, you can also have good techinc discussion [see recent thread about an interview to Dave Hayne] but Amigaworld has more traffic/visibility and different 'agendas' to persue, which is not a bad thing, just something it is...
    pixie - writing from a paradise called Portugal
  • »20.01.06 - 01:26