Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1441 from 2003/2/24
yup. i know -- i just wanted to verify this particular version of the program still worked with MOS. andy made quite a few changes, and i just wanted to see if anyone had purchased the 68k build of 7.3 and was successful in running it.
I haven't had that big projects now that I'd have used it more extensively yet, but here's what I've discovered with the current 7.3a version compared to the freeware 7.1c version. There are some old bugs still, some new ones, and something fixed too. In any case I haven't noticed any random crashing, it's always pretty obvious what causes the problems, and if you learn to avoid them, it's fine then (like the freeware version too).
Old bugs still there:
- The two freehand fill tools don't work. They complain about the memory.
- Scalable fonts give a hit in the debug log, and that may result unstability.
- Personal font and color fonts complain that they can't be opened. Only normal bitmap fonts do work.
- PPaint does something hacky with the screenbar, and you can't use its features like showing coordinates etc. PPaint also hangs if you try to hide the screenbar. This was worked around for the OS4 version, but not in the 68k version.
- "Show Image" option hangs the program. Maybe related to hiding the screenbar.
- Playing an animation does the same.
New bugs in 7.3a:
- Gradient fills don't work anymore. In my case they crash the whole program. Hits galore in the debug log.
- Screenmode requester at the start doesn't have any effect. It always opens in the same mode. Screenmode can be changed later with the "Image Format..." option though.
Fixed in 7.3a:
- No more trashed GUI buttons on the initial run. With 7.1c you had to restart to get clean ones.
7.3a also fixed Stencil and Merge bugs which were introduced in these new commercial versions, and which were still there in the 7.3 version.
This is what I remember now. I think that if you were happy with the old version, new version will be OK for you too. Not offering much new, but something little. Some new bug, but something fixed. Actually in my case, the new 68k version works better on MorphOS than on a real AGA machine. On AGA I have more problems with the recent version... but in any case, if you buy it and show support, maybe we'll get more updates.[ Edited by jPV 07.08.2015 - 10:23 ]