New 64 Bit ppc SoC on the way..?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    P.A. Semi announced a multil core 64 Bit SoC today. Interesting thing it seems, but how vapour is it?

Read the press release here: http://www.pasemi.com/news/releases/2005_oct_24_1.html

[ Edited by Zylesea on 2005/10/24 21:09 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »24.10.05 - 14:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

Interesting thing it seems, but how vapour is it?

No idea about that of course, but if you google for names of some of PA Semi team members you can find a few very interresting articles. So if it's a vapour, it's a very well founded one, i'd say. :-) Anyway, more players we get, the game gets more interresting. We'll see.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »24.10.05 - 15:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    We like this, any new Power architecture processor on the market is a good thing all around.

However we are looking at this time next year for SAMPLES. I wouldn't get too excited, as users, just yet.
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »25.10.05 - 21:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

Neko wrote:
    We like this, any new Power architecture processor on the market is a good thing all around.

However we are looking at this time next year for SAMPLES. I wouldn't get too excited, as users, just yet.

From the press release.. "It will sample in the third calendar quarter of 2006, with single-core and quad-core versions due in early and late 2007, respectively, and an eight-core version planned for 2008."
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »27.10.05 - 12:10