• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi dudes

I have had the very same miami 3.2 installation on my MOS since the zero day, which is more than 2 years ago, with no problem at all, first on pegasos 1 and later in peggy2.

Suddendly my network stopped working. :-?

Miami seems to go online ok, but i cant do even make a single ping to the router, nor go out to the web.
    When I try to go offline ( or close the app ) and touch the miamiĀ“s config, the app hangs, maybe this would have someone get a clue.
    No one single config file has changed in my system

The router is working well and my classic system in fully working with it.

Anyideas?

Thank you in advance
  • »05.10.05 - 14:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Whats the setup? DHCP net or static? Check your router, maybe there is a IP conflickt somewhere.

Also check under Databases. If you use DHCP and you dont get any DNS adresses when connected, then something is wrong. If not, try to look at the PC or MAC config on whats the DNS adresses and plog them into Miami. Maybe your IP have changed DNS servers?

Also remember when using DHCP with a IP provider that changes its IP often, Miami cannot renew the IP so it rather disconnects.

Or you could try ezTCP? or Genesis? If the same errors apears there, you might contact Genesi about this.

I hope that you will get on-line soon :) Life without AmIRC, SimpleMail, Jabberwocky etc is lifeless :)))

Regards,
    Michal, www.amitopia.no
  • »05.10.05 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    shedroveme2
    Hi, i've had this same problem before a couple of times, but a reboot always fixes it.

I assume you've already tried that.

You might wanna try using linux and see if the problem exsists there aswell.

Cheers
    Ben
  • »05.10.05 - 15:33
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi Delf

My setup is all static, and since its completelty working on the a3000 side, nothing on the router, dns or so could had change.

I may try ezTCP, but, I think there would be a problem with some MUI class because of the hang when trying to go OFFLINE or close the program.

Thx
  • »05.10.05 - 16:52
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    roschmyr
    @FrankBrana

i had this problem after trying a Live-CD, i solved it with removing
    the power cord for 10secs.
  • »05.10.05 - 17:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    @FrankBrana

Quote:

I think there would be a problem with some MUI class because of the hang when trying to go OFFLINE or close the program.

This is Miami bug. It tends to crash when going offline. Usually it works just fine...
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »05.10.05 - 17:37
  • tom
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    tom
    Two weeks ago I updated to Morphos 1.4.5.
    Mimami refused to work. For a week I was deperate, but then I discovered that my rexxsyslib.library was also updated and didn't work. Replacing it with the old one solved the problem....

Regards, Tom
  • »05.10.05 - 17:49
  • deb
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    deb
    Miami Offline problem is from the old Nlisttree mui-class. download and install version 0.97 from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nlist-classes/MCC_NList-0.97.lha
    Do not install every mui-class you find on the net, too many old mui-classes make MorphOS unstable.
  • »05.10.05 - 19:27
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Seems to be working ok with a RTL_8139, but no with onboard ethernet

:?
  • »06.10.05 - 12:37