New Stuff for Bounties
  • Targhan
    hello again all,

due to various communications to several companies, representatives, and individual dealers, it has come to my attention that it is time to allow businesses to participate in the bounties. I don't mean just accepting donations, but to allow them to "sponsor" or "adopt" particular bounties. There is also, as mentioned in other places, banners for bounties, in which a shoppe can get a banner for donations.

First, there will be a serious exemption: NO project that is known to be in a future MorphOS release will be allowed corporate sponsorship. This means, ezTCP will be exempt from any kind of corporate sponsorship.

Second, no adware. We will not accept any amount of a donation to have a banner in software. That just isn't right.

Finally, the whole idea is being tossed over to the morphzone membership. If you guys are against it, then I'll tone it back a little. I'm happy that some companies are interested in backing our little project, and I think everyone will approve of it. However, I am asking first. Except for the "no corporate support for MorphOS future inclusions"--that is a very firm stand.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »30.09.05 - 19:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Angelos
    Hallo Targhan,

good idea.

There are no objections to it.
    Regards,

Angelos
  • »30.09.05 - 19:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bifford
    Targhan:

On the whole I think it is a good idea, however I'm concerned that a company would set up a bounty to make a piece of software themselves and then still charge people for the final product. There needs to be clause, something that says "...anyone who donates {specified amount or more} will receive a copy free or seriously discounted if the product is to be sold." Otherwise I can see this being abused in one way or another.

Bifford
    ========
    Bifford the Youngest

My Website at: www.whiteharegames.co.uk/
  • »30.09.05 - 21:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    agreed. however, the rule for bounties in the first place indicate tht the software to be donated to is free. also, corporate donors aren't going to be allowed to create bounties.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »30.09.05 - 21:40
    Profile Visit Website