AMBER-INC.COM - customer dispute open
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    dont close this thread i have waited long enough for my board all he has to do is refund my money in the dispute page like he said he was going to do.
    then it will be end of story.
    poor service is not good for anyone.
    and tring to say its gone missing when even the tracking number is false is not acceptable.
  • »29.09.05 - 23:29
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    it takes over 3 days for paypal to process refunds. Maybe longer. Please calm down, and wait for Paypal to do their work. Paypal have a very good system, but it takes time.

In the meantime, could you tell us more about yourself, like which country you come from, what language you speak?

Members of the MorphOS community can't help you if we don't know anything about you. :-D

[ Edited by Darth_X on 2005/9/29 15:39 ]
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »29.09.05 - 23:37
  • Visitor
  • There is no refund button on Paypal as the funds are on hold becuase of the dispute that was placed by the buyer.

We have emailed Paypal to ask them to return the held fund back to the buyers account.

We have sent of the shipping receipt and the claim form off for the Pegasos as we sent it on Friday the 23rd and has no tracking details available.

Thankyou
    Robert
    www.amber-inc.com
  • »29.09.05 - 23:40
  • Targhan
    First, I don't create or make retailers. I cannot force a retailer to do anything. However, assuming that this is a paypal dispute, I can promise you that it can take three business days to get a refund. Been there, done that. The reason I closed the other topic is that anything said by anyone other than you and mr. AmberInc is going to be speculation. I don't know if, or when, he hit the refund button. I don't know how to fake a tracking number. I can't verify a real tracking number. I don't know if after delivery that a tracking number is removed from the system or not. In other words, other than you and he, there is nothing of any meaning that can be said by anyone else. But, a lot of people will.

I'll go ahead and bit on the bait. You said that you GOT your pegasos in the following thread:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4002&forum=42#36935

So, is there a language barrier here, or am I missing something? I get the idea that you mean that you ordered the thing, but one could very easily suspect that you actually recieved the board and are trying to use someone's reputation to get it for free. Now, do you want that kind of speculation? I'm sure you don't.

In other words, give it three business days to work out. If you don't see any refund by then, I'll be more than happy to warm the microphone up for you.

and fair warning: the next time you make a duplicate thread of a locked thread -- that *I* locked -- I will be far less level headed about it.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »29.09.05 - 23:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    wehead:
    I understand that you're disappointed, but calm down a bit.
    There is no use throwing accusations around when we have no
    information about what happened.

Maybe you could tell us a few things:
    a) When did you order the Peg?
    b) When was it supposed to arrive?
    c) When did you suspect there was something wrong?
    d) What did you do then?
    e) When did you ask to get your money back?

As Darth_X already mentioned, it can take a few days for PayPal to
    handle a refund. It does not really matter if you complained about not
    receiving your Pegasos a long time ago, what matters if how long you
    have waited for the refund.
  • »29.09.05 - 23:50
  • Visitor
  • Thankyou very much!

Its really nice to see the MorphOS?Pegasos community forums sticking up for there retailers

We will actually telephone Paypal tommorrow to return the funds back to the buyers account maybe this would speed thing up a bit.

Thankyou again,
    Robert
    www.amber-inc.com
    Home of the G4 Power Station!
  • »29.09.05 - 23:53
  • Visitor
  • The buyer has already anounced that hes has received his Pegasos II G4@1GHz and is asking about Radeon card on other threads.

Robert
    amber-inc
  • »29.09.05 - 23:58
  • Targhan
    No, around here, we try to take up for what is right. It is of no consequence if it is a reseller or a purchaser who is in the wrong or right. You know, I really don't give a rat's behind about the truth either. The site is here to promote the community, and when there is a fight between a reseller and a potential new community member, we do what we have to for the sake of getting it resolved. The moderators here know that when a reseller and a customer fight -- we all look bad. period.

@amber you really should have already called paypal. do what you can to expidite his refund.

@wehead give paypal a chance to get their job done.

Now, may I please go to the store to purchase parts to fix the broken toilette in my house? It's very difficult to police this forum when I'm having to "hold it"....

• »30.09.05 - 00:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    Robert:
    When did you send the Pegasos to him? He posted about "getting" a Peg
    on September 14. But reading the thread, it might be that he *ordered*
    a Peg on that date (or the day before, perhaps) and is now thinking
    about what graphics card to order for it. He doesn't actually mention
    anything about *receiving* the machine and he doesn't post any
    comments indicating he did so.

In any case, I'm not "sticking up" for either side here. I just want
    to know what happened. If it's a messup at the post office (they
    didn't register it properly so the tracking number doesn't work and
    the package got lost, or such) then there is no reason to burn anyone
    at a stake. If there is something fishy, well, then we need to take
    appropriate action, but then we need facts about what has happened,
    and when. We don't need accusations that we can neither prove nor
    disprove.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:06
  • Visitor
  • It was actually sent on the 23rd of this month by Royal Mail Special delivery as you say the tracking details are not available and the post office has already told us to send the claim form off which we have done.

We asked the buyer today if he would end the dispute in paypal that was holding his funds and then we would send out another board or we could ask paypal to refund the held funds to the buyer and then we would have to wait until the claim goes through.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:14
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    since when have i said i have received it??

ill tell you alll this dont stick up for someone thats had more companys than i have had breakfast.

i have NOT received it if i had i would have had to sign for it and the post office would know that i have received it.
    so i HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT NO IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM
    there is a paypal button next to your dispute page that says refund ask paypal.

and also im going to get trading standards on to this,and internet tradings as i dont like peoples attitudes your all so willing to dismiss what i have to say be warned you will only get hassle out of this guy just look at other sites.

and this is the email he just gave me.

See what I meen

Im BIG up at MorphZONE!

They fucking worship me fool.

Dont mess with the likes off me little fish

IM A SHARK

Bye
  • »30.09.05 - 00:17
  • Visitor
  • This is his thread anoucing his receival:

hello i just got a peg2 and i need help what is the best graphics card i can get and it will work straight away.is agp 2x i need???
    and a big hello to fellow pegers can wait to get mine running what a lovly idea this thing is runs all those dif os,s wicked i love it or i will if somebody can help.
    bye

Thankyou
    Robert
    www.amber-inc.com
  • »30.09.05 - 00:17
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    you dippo i put that in good faith before i even paid for your board you idiot,i wanted to know every card so i could get 1 before i even brought the board off you.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:20
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    you got the end bit on your email wright you are a shark nice try but you should really check.

maybe if you was as good at posting my pegasos we wouldnt be having this conversation would we.

im really cheesed off hes ruined how i feel about morph noe im gutted.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    Robert:
    If you shipped it on the 23rd he cannot possibly have received it on
    the 14th when he wrote that message. When he wrote that he "got" a Peg
    he obviously meant that in the sense that he just "bought" a Peg, not
    that he "received" one. Btw, since it was only one week since you sent
    the board, I guess there is a good chance that you will get it back.

wehead:
    Robert/Amber has said that he asked PayPal today to refund you the
    money. PayPal is a big, reputable and very professional company
    dealing with this kind of issues every day. Still, they may need a few
    days to handle a refund. If you have not received the money on
    Wednesday, please come back here and tell us. Until then, calm down.
    The board was sent only one week ago. I understand that you're
    impatient, but you just have to give it a few days more.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:25
  • Visitor
  • Very sorry how you feel but we have done all we can.

You will now have to wait until Paypal returns your funds before you can purchase another.

Very sorry but I have already asked Paypal to refund you.

Robert.
    www.amber-inc.com
  • »30.09.05 - 00:25
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    thank you im not going nuts then, i was so looking forward to getting this board i love the idea of running morph but sadly im now left with a nasty taste in my mouth i probably wont bother now not unless i can get another peg from a better company.
    can you keep this thread open as i would like to post the results here,it is your duty to inform people of good sources for your products isnt it,i live in hope theres someone else that can sell me my long awaited pegasos,i certainly wouldnt buy another thing from amber-inc i cant stand a poor service ,plus i would like to see this take off and be widespread but unless theres better companys it will just die like all the rest of the amiga ideas,shame .
    mr pleasence didnt listen to the amiga users thats why it died.
  • »30.09.05 - 00:33
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    @wehead

I also assume that you contacted paypal as well?
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »30.09.05 - 01:52
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

wehead wrote:
    i probably wont bother now not unless i can get another peg from a better company.

plus i would like to see this take off and be widespread but unless theres better companys it will just die like all the rest of the amiga ideas,shame .

Have you ever thought of becoming a reseller yourself? :-D
  • »30.09.05 - 02:17
  • Targhan
    And this is why I locked the other topic. Lot's of talk and still only one answer. Wait on PayPal to handle the dispute.

The example I made before, wehead, was how words can easily get twisted through speculation.

Mr Amber, he couldn't have recieved his board before you sent it, so you should know that he was scoping out a graphics card for the pegasos he was going to recieve. I will say again, it was an example of how things can get blown out of proportion. Look at the date of the posts.

Now, mr. wehead, when you make a dispute through paypal, the fist thing that happens is that the seller can no longer press a "refund" link. This means that it takes as long as it takes through paypal, and it's out of the seller's hands (though he might be able to speed the process up through a phone call).

In all seriousness, we do want to know about the outcome. Once something like this is in the public eye, it becomes like a mystery of sorts. Or as they say in the states, "rubbernecking".

Anyway, there are more resellers to try for wehead, and other potential customers for amber.

• »30.09.05 - 02:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    wehead
    hi i see where you coming from but im just trying to show everyone how hard it is to get 1 of these babys, lol
    he said i should stop the dispute and this is what paypal said to me after i showed them the email.

Thank you for contacting PayPal in regard to emails you have received
    from the seller.

We are continuing our investigation of your claim. We recommend to not
    close the case with just a promise of a refund from a seller as once a
    case has been closed, it cannot be reopened.

you see even they know something fishy is going on.
  • »30.09.05 - 22:12
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    AMiGR
    Quote:

you see even they know something fishy is going on.

Eh, I won't take any side here, but paypal's email replies are automated 99% of the time.
    Alkis Tsapanidis
  • »30.09.05 - 23:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • Thankyou AMiGR for your support and let me tell you it was a pleasure to meet such an intelligent amigan at BB3. I could have talked to you for weeks!!

Hows you?

This item has been sent Royal Mail Specail delivery and has gone missing so we are claiming on it but meanwhile the buyer has put through a dispute for it in Paypal so we cant refund him. We have asked Paypal to return the funds to the buyers account but they say it could take 3-4 days.

If the dispute was removed we could process the refund instantly or if he wanted we could send out another board once the funds are clear.

Amber-inc strives to perfrom and always checks emails every 30mins so we have great communication. If you want a Pegasos and you live in the UK theres only one choice for excellence of service and support..that us!

AMiGR we will have to meet up again one day maybe at a dedicated UK PEGASOS MEETING!

What do you think we can put together a meeting?

Robert
    www.Amber-Inc.com
  • »01.10.05 - 19:00
  • Just looking around
    Lando
    When you paid for the board by Paypal, did you use your credit card?

If so, give it a couple of days, and if you haven't received the refund by then, call your bank/credit card company, and arrange a chargeback.

When a dispute has been opened in Paypal, the seller just has to click on "resolve dispute now", then select the "issue the buyer a full refund" option, and then click submit. The money is immediately refunded to the buyer's paypal account. No messing around. I get the feeling that he's trying to get you to close the dispute because he wants to keep the money, not because he can't refund you while the dispute is open - that's just not true.

But whatever happens, please don't give up on the Pegasos because of this. It's a damn good machine. Get your money back from this ****** and go and buy a board from a reputable dealer like GGS or Vesalia, you won't regret it. The shipping may take a day or two longer but you're assured of a fast professional service from a dealer who knows what they're doing and have a proven track record.
  • »01.10.05 - 23:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    @wehead

The PayPal resolution process is a cumbersome one - this does not mean something fishy is going on *at all*.

I said to you in the thread over at AmigaWorld that you need to just calm down and let the chain of events you set in motion run its course.

You are badmouthing the retailer before you have even given a sufficient amount of time to even give you customer service.
  • »02.10.05 - 00:32