3D Game Tutorials Wanted
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Nitro
    Ok we got 3D and IT`S GREAT, but I think it would be cool if some folks put up tutorials of what they did to make them work. Such as when I installed Descent Freespace. I had to change the player folder from read-only to write, so I could save my player. WipeOut 2097 installed easy, but the computer locks up in the second track. With Shogo, I had to disable the movies to have in game sound. I still haven`t got Heretic2 to work, or Quake2 or even Quake3. The installer will copy the pc files, but after says not installed run the installer.
    I think it would be a good idea to have tutorials on how to install these kinds of programs. It would help some of us that just can`t figure these things out, or instead of goings through pages forums looking for the answers.
  • »28.09.05 - 12:29
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

WipeOut 2097 installed easy, but the computer locks up in the second track.

You have to get the WipeoutLoader here...

Quote:

The installer will copy the pc files, but after says not installed run the installer.

Are you sure it downloads and installs the updates as well? If that fails, or is aborted it won't work...

- CISC
  • »28.09.05 - 12:42
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Nitro
    Ok on Quake3, that`s the problem I can`t go online at home right now so it won`t update, Thanks CISC I`ll try it with the Wipeout loader
  • »28.09.05 - 13:55
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

With Shogo, I had to disable the movies to have in game sound.

Hm, doesn't work here.
    Aminet-Demo is with Sound.
    Original Version has no Sound. (only the intro has sound when i enable movies)

Any other tips for Shogo to have ingame Sound?

Peg2 / Radeon 9000-64MB AGP / OnBoard Sound
    Bye
    TriMa
  • »29.09.05 - 13:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Any other tips for Shogo to have ingame Sound?

Works fine here, just make sure you select an AHI unit that's configured to use a ++ mode...

- CISC
  • »29.09.05 - 14:58
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Selected AHI Unit is a ++ mode, i've tried 8Bit ++, 16 Bit ++ and 16Bit Hifi ++ Modes.
    All i get is a short scratching noise.

Its really weird because the demo-version has sound.

And yes, it's set on AHI not Paula. :/
    Bye
    TriMa
  • »29.09.05 - 16:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Shogo, Heretic II, Freespace, Wipeout and Quake2 all work fine here.

Wtih Q2 I had the most problems, couldn't install from cd so I copied Q2 from my A4000 to my Peg. Also had a lot of fun installing Q2 on my Amiga

With some games the installers wouldn't install on large partitions. I installed these games on my scratch partition wich is 4GB. When the installation was done I moved the games where I wanted them in the first place. You have to edit some env vars for this to work.

With Quake 3 I have no problems, only when I use mod files. The game begins good but after a few minutes the textures are all wrong.

[ Edited by Toto on 2005/9/29 18:48 ]
  • »29.09.05 - 17:47