Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    Better wait for this to be cleared up:
    http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15230&forum=3
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »26.09.05 - 12:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • We have sent out this item on Friday and the gentlemen was happy in waiting and now has twisted everything to make it look bad.

We have had a Paypal dispute opened for this transaction which we have supplied tracking information and then faxed through proof.

We have sent the Pegasos II G4 @1Ghz with MorphOS Original CD out by Royal Mail Special Delivery tracking number:

[Edited by Targhan: Tracking Number Removed]

He used his girlfreind paypal to pay for it and now has sent us threatening emails and swore it us.

please dont be put off by this person as they are just trying to cause trouble.

In the first place we told him we had none in stock and we ordered him one and he was fine about it but now he has created a thread on Amigaworld.net calling us fraudsters!

We have eight pegasos II G4's in stock right now!

We also have the G4 POWER STATION project build which will be complete by friday(preorders being taken)

Thankyou
    Mr Robert Lee O'Neill
    www.amber-inc.com

[ Edited by Targhan on 2005/9/26 13:12 ]

[ Edited by amber-inc on 2005/10/9 16:54 ]
  • »26.09.05 - 14:02
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    No need to post private information here (ie: tracking number, the fact you used his gf account,...): this is a PUBLIC forum !

Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »26.09.05 - 14:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • Sorry but we are strong and dont need to fight!

Amber-inc has done its upmost best to serve the Pegasos II to UK customers offing our great support via email and we keep in touch with our customers.

The reason why I mentioned that he used is girlfriends account is becuase its abvious that this man actually bought a Pegasos II off us for only one reason to cuase trouble therefror put the payment on someone elses account. not very nice is it!

We are really annoyed about this matter and would have been more happy to refund the buy as I dont want him to have it anymore anyway now.

But it has been sent and he should be very happy with it when it arrives if not we will claim on the shipper and refund him.

Thankyou
    Robert Lee O'Neill
    www.amber-inc.com
    The UK's Only Pegasos Dealer!
  • »26.09.05 - 14:23
  • Visitor
  • Hi Raquel and Bill,

Please can you removed the (warning to be confirmed) attached to my Flea Market thread.

As you know we have great communication and have purchased the boards from Bplan

Please can you set this straight for us as people may think we cant supply them when we can.

Some troll has bought one of them just to be annoying and has complained and sent threatening emails calling us fraudsters and allsorts.

But as we said AMBER-INC is STRONG and doenst need toi fight.

WE WILL SUPPLY THE UK!
    with great communication and leading support!

Nothing is going to stop us and we will be around for ever AND EVER!

Thankyou
    Mr Robert Lee O'Neill
    www.amber-inc.com
  • »26.09.05 - 14:30
  • Just looking around
    Wiffy
    Or he might just be using his girlfriends paypal account because he doesn't have one of his own? Or maybe the statement with a four digit number on it hasn't come through yet?

Don't see the point in making all these unreasonable counter accusations about his motivation for parting with money for a board that hasn't arrived yet..
  • »26.09.05 - 14:37
  • Visitor
  • No problem but we have the receipt here and everything was fine untill we received threatening emails and all this.

Hes just a troll

enough said.
  • »26.09.05 - 14:43
  • Visitor
  • »26.09.05 - 16:26
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    No offense meant, but given the various links on AW.net (including the one Brotheris supplied), Caveat Emptor indeed.
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »26.09.05 - 16:27
  • Visitor
  • all the threads on aw.net are tripe
  • »26.09.05 - 16:31
    hooligan
    @Amber Inc

Ok.. advertising stops here. You want to advertise, you purchase bannerspace then. Contact Targhan on this matter.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »26.09.05 - 16:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    @Thread

Lets give these guys a break. Two weeks is no overly long for a delivery or to process orders. I mean, they arent Dell.

@Wiffy

Its amazing how you would come and post here just to troll/discredit a Peg dealer

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »26.09.05 - 17:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    Quote:

Its amazing how you would come and post here just to troll/discredit a Peg dealer

Bah, don't start it.

@Amber-Inc

The more unproffesionaly you act, the worse it'll be for you. You deal with the problem and possible customers will see outcome. Now they see that their information is not safe.
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »26.09.05 - 17:41
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    @Mag

He wasn't trolling.. he was just telling the possible options. As an example, I have paid my donations to MZ bounty using my brothers creditcard. This exactly because of what Wiffy told.. I have no creditcard of my own.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »26.09.05 - 17:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Wiffy
    I see brain of NYC is at it again. Sure, thats right I came here just to discredit a Pegasos dealer. Forget the fact, oh sorry should that be FACT ( ;-) ) that I did not discredit him at all, and I registered here in the first place to reply to garbage trying to discredit me.

Am I rising to the bait again? Ah sh**.
  • »26.09.05 - 18:01
  • Targhan
    Okay guys 'n dolls,

Let us all take a moment to relax please. Robert bought several boards from bplan with cash in order to be a reseller. The way I see things, if it's good enough for Thomas and Gerald--it's good enough for me.

About any AmigaWorld.net wrongdoings; for the most part, there is there and here is here. If there is a customer of his that is dissatisfied, then there is little any webportal can do to fix a problem (no matter which side they should take). A reseller will not be in business long if they have a continous problem with customers, so I expect that amber-inc will do everything they can to resolve the issue. I connot imagine it to be otherwise, since the purchase of several mainboards is not trivial to the old pocket book.

About activities in the forums, I have no problem with these kinds of posts *In the Flea Market forum*. However, I fully intend to restart the filters that prevent the flea market and "the bar" from appearing on the front page. While I originally intended the "flea market" for personal use, this market (combined amiga and morphos) needs a few outlets for discussions about and around resellers)--just don't complain when the filters are back up...! The golden rule around here is "try to get along," and it applies to everyone - moderators, resellers, software developers, and users.

Finally, in regards to our friendly neighborhood hooligan (pun intended), I agree that any reseller using the services at MorphZone should help out with banners. However, due to the distinct needs of the community, proceeds from banner sales will be used in the Bounty General Fund until further notice. In other words, banner space which helps sell dealer goods will also help improve the software library for the customers being sold to.

Regards,
    Targhan, webmaster www.MorphZone.org
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »26.09.05 - 18:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • Thankyou very much! Webmaster.

We are so happy that people are sticking up for us as we will do our best to solve any problems we maybe stumble apon ie: Shipping and Payment methods.

We have now arranged to purchase more Pegasos II boards from Bplan and we are doing great!

Thankyou very much for your support and we will have a banner and try to support morphzone as much as possible!

Robert.
    amber-inc
  • »26.09.05 - 19:23
  • Targhan
    Part-II

@Robert
    Please don't post private information, such as tracking numbers, email addresses of clients, private email contents, or other matters into the public forums. This is considered bad taste at least, and can be considered by some to be a breach in trust.

When asking for a thread to have a warning removed, you should address the Webmaster (ME) in a PM or EMAIL. Bill, Raquel, Thomas, Gerald, and Ralph shouldn't ever be bothered with forum moderation issues; since, it will only come back to me, and that through a third party. While I don't mind an email from any of the above people, I doubt it will serve your purpose to have an extra translator in the middle of things.

I think every reseller, dealer, and software publisher should take a page out of Nova's forum policy. Use the preview button, do not post when in doubt, do not post when angry, and never EVER engage a client/customer in a public dispute. It is very difficult to "bite your tounge," but it is IMPOSSIBLE to take back the damage that can be caused through a written statement. If a disgruntled customer is eventually satisfied, 99% of the time they will say so themselves on the very same board they posted the complaint on. If confronted about it first, the customer will not be satisfied even if the original problem has been corrected.

I said this because I have experienced it, and to be of help. I think your enthusiasm is great, so please consider this to be constructive criticism rather than punitive.

• »26.09.05 - 19:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Again, no problem Robert. MorphZone is here to help the entire community, which also consists of the resellers. My previous post (which you are probably just now reading) is just there to be helpful in how to deal with forums as a reseller. Most of which are not site rules per se, but should be rules that you set for yourself and employees. It is amazingly difficult to be a reseller that participates in the forums regularly, so it is to be commended in general; just be sure to set boundries for yourself and everything will be fine ;-)

• »26.09.05 - 19:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Visitor
  • Thankyou you have been most helpfull and we have considered and agreed with entirley everything you have said.

Thankyou so Much!

We aim to sell single boards and prebuilt systems.

Everything is quite simple.

we are thinking of using a new shipper becuase we sent out the PEGII G4 out on friday and my client still hasnt received it yet.

We may use UPS in the future their tracking system is great!

We will put UPS on our website and use that in the future.

Thankyou.
    Robert.
  • »26.09.05 - 21:25
  • Just looking around
    Lando
  • »26.09.05 - 22:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    Hi Lando, we appreciate your opinion. We are also grateful for all the PMs and email we have had. We spoke to Targhan earlier in the day about this. The fact is AMBER-INC paid cash up front. We ask them to do this because we did have some concerns. Normally, we require 50% up front and 50% on delivery. Having said that, perhaps, they deserve a chance to prove themselves to *this* community. They have only the opportunity to lose. Let's not convict them of any grievance until we have one proven through a reliable source.

There remains plenty of friction in the broader "community" that should just be allowed over time to dissipate. In the meanwhile, Robert has learned a constructive lesson on what to post where.

R&B :-)
  • »26.09.05 - 23:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    nuff said I guess. I'll put my "Caveat Emptor" on hold to further notion ;-)
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »26.09.05 - 23:35