Demo of MorphOS/Pegasos at SACC
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    This coming SACC (founders and holders of AmiWEST) General Meeting I
    will be taking my trusty Peg along to shown the good people. I have
    installed many Amiga apps for fun and games...what I want to know is:

1. The chances of 1.4 being released over the next week?

2. If not, can I get access to beta level files? It would be nice to
    demo 1.4, even only as a WIP. I can demo from my 1.3 install and then
    boot into 1.4 to show the progress made...

Plus I get to play with 1.4 too :-)

C'mon...how about it ;-)

Steve
  • »21.06.03 - 03:39
  • Targhan
    @JKD

They are actually pretty tight on the next version. I know it will not be released until AmiWest. About you getting a beta-version, you'll have to track down an "official." They can appear anywhere, so you may get lucky. :-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »21.06.03 - 05:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    So, here I am fresh from the demo of PegaMorphOS at SACC. Maybe about 10 people in attendance with some great probing questions on the Hardware and Software compatability. The clear message I came home with is:

People would buy it, if it was available. I had one definate and a couple of definate maybes...and these were volunteered opinions, I didn't press gang people! ;-)

Ambient was well received, MOS was rock solid all evening and I doubt I;ve run as many differing applications in parallel since I owned my Peg..

Thanks to the guys at the club for putting up with over 3 hours of me talking and also for an enjoyable evening...

I think we could've gone all night just exploring the options...we barely scratched the surface. At least the attendees will be fore armed with some experience come Amiwest when the tour-de-force hits :-)

Someone did take some pictures....unfortunately I didn't get chance to catch him.

Steve :-D
  • »24.06.03 - 06:11
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    JKD
    I'm glad it went well. Anyone looking for a new system should consider Pegasos. Especially Amiga users! Please point these guys to our website www.magneticystemsnyc.com! We are working on a site redesign and update and will be featuring complete turn key systems!
    magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »24.06.03 - 06:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    That is wonderful news JKD! If you haven't seen the news elsewhere, there are some April one boards that have become available through resellers.

I really believe that AmiWest will be OUR "Battle of Midway," the point in history that marks the change in war of technology. I don't mean MorphOS vs. OS4, but rather MorphOS and Pegasos versus the status quo. At that point, things will never be the same.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »24.06.03 - 07:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Quote:

targhan wrote:
    I really believe that AmiWest will be OUR "Battle of Midway," the point in history that marks the change in war of technology. I don't mean MorphOS vs. OS4, but rather MorphOS and Pegasos versus the status quo. At that point, things will never be the same.

I start to build up high expectations... You have made me curious :-)
  • »24.06.03 - 09:08
    Profile Visit Website