Will this hardware config work?
  • Just looking around
    MelfNeerg
    I currently have an A4000T with a CS/PPC, Picasso IV and X-Surf running OS3.9. I have wanted to try MorphOS for so long it hurts and now is my chance.

I have a CV/PPC that has never been installed. Can I stick it in and do the following:

boot into OS3.9 running the CS/PPC, PIV and X-Surf
    or
    boot into MorphOS running the CS/PPC, CV/PPC and X-Surf

Thanks in advance for your advice
  • »25.08.05 - 10:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    PIV is not supported, CVPPC is.

SANA-2 X-Surf driver doesnt work while MNI driver does.

Thus, you should be boot into MorphOS with CSPPC/CVPPC combo and maybe use X-Surf.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »25.08.05 - 11:00
  • Just looking around
    billt
    I have a similar question about compatibility. The announcement says that A3000/CSPPC users can run MorphOS now, but it seems Grex is required and I'm told there was no Grex for 3000 desktop. I also have an Escom/Quikpak A4000T, but again am told that Grex for that was never really put into production, but one was shown at some point.

I have Mediator for A3000d, prometheus card, Cybervision64-3d for zorro, PicassoIV, xsurf and Ariadne2 cards, Delfina Plus, A4000T, A3000d, DKB Rapidfire and Spitfire SCSI cards, and of course a CSPPC-200/060 card (No CyberVisionPPC). Can any combination of these things run MOS? If not, what minimum collection of things must I get to be able to, that will fit in either of my two current computers? I realize at some point a Peg2 may be cheaper than required classic upgrades, but I'd like to know anyway, I don't have room for yet another computer to get a Peg2, and really am just curious to check out MorphOS as I've never seen it before so I may not buy lots of Classic addons either just for evaluation. But again, I'd like to know what minumum shopping list I would need.
  • »26.08.05 - 18:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Nothing of those, I'm afraid. Getting CyberVisionPPC is your best chance. MorphOS supports natively Symbios 770 and 710 chips, 68k drivers for other chips *may* work, or maybe not.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »26.08.05 - 18:46