problem with flashed bvision : not the same memory adress
  • Just looking around
    guibrush
    Hello !

Thank you very much for realesing mos for classig amiga :-)

My config : amiga 1200 commodore + blizzard PPC + bvisionI have a little problem : when I boot mos on the hard drive, I become only a black screen. I think it is because my bvision is flashed by the previous user to work with a grex (i don't have the gerex for myself). I have try to use the monitor used in my workbench 3,9 but nothng append. Can I modify the driver myself, or can I find somewhere the right monitor, or can I flash the bvision to get it back to the right memory adress ?

Thank you very much for you help.

Guibrush
  • »25.08.05 - 09:05
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I don't think this should matter at all. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure the MapROM feature of the PPC card is disabled? (Hit ESC key to enter the PPC menu ;) Are you sure you don't have Blizkick running? After disabling both you should power off the amiga or do a hard (15s min) reboot. If that doesn't help, try adjusting the resetlevel - the values are described in s/startup-sequence.

The 68k Permedia2 monitor will NOT work.

[ Edited by jacadcaps on 2005/8/25 10:26 ]
  • »25.08.05 - 09:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Back when I still used BPPC + BVisionPPC I flashed the grex flashrom to my BPPC (no, you can't flash BVisionPPC itself), mainly because it included the latest 0x0 and ppc libs.

MorphOS worked fine with both old and new flash, so indeed it doesn't make a difference.
  • »25.08.05 - 09:27
  • Just looking around
    guibrush
    Ok, thank you for your help. The problem was the tilesnames are troncated wen you burn the iso from a pc...

But now, the only message I become wen I boot mos is "please insert volume env", and nothing else. But I can't find this volume anywhere... Any idea what the problem could be ?
  • »25.08.05 - 22:09
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Do you boot from cd or hd? Did you try getting the 2nd iso from the webpage (early upload has an odd size of the .iso file by mistake - if yours can be divided by 2048 then it's the new one).
  • »25.08.05 - 22:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    guibrush
    First I tried with the old one, but now I have tried the new. I can burn it normaly with nero, it was not the case with the old one. I make the cd on the pc, then put the cd in my amiga and copy all the files with diskmaster (with the workbench I receive an error message). the partition is the first partition (priority 0) bootable. I reboot the computer and the message "please insert volume env" comme on the screnn...
  • »25.08.05 - 23:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    You have probably change the original startup-sequence. There should be a line like this one:
    c:assign env: ram:env
    Re-install the original.

(Edit: typos)

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2005/8/26 9:24 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »26.08.05 - 07:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Well... was it a formatted partition? ;) My guess would be that (since you got errors with wb copying) there is something wrong with your hardware. What can be done is:

Edit s/startup-sequence - remove the >NIL: at the end of the startup command. Boot with no startup-sequence (boot from the morphos partition of course, not the amigaos one!). Type something like: myamigaospartition:c/execute s:startup-sequence. This should be a bit more verbose and will probably give you enough information to figure out what's wrong.
  • »26.08.05 - 07:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    guibrush
    Hello...

I find what the problem with the env: volume is : I edited the startup sequence with de ed from os 3.9. and the file was then corrupted. I tried the same with golded and then the computer booted. But now, the boot goes on, the reset is made, the computer boot a second time, but the screen remain black (no signal) ! Harggggg ! I have a blizzard + a bvision, nothing else. Any idea what can be wrong ?
  • »27.08.05 - 09:51